Status: Merry Christmas everyone :D

Christmas Gift

All I Want Is You

“It’s fucking freezing out here.” I mumbled to myself.

Here I was, standing next to my best friend Beatrice in the winter cold of Southern California because she wanted to attend Black Friday at the closest mall available to us. “You promised you wouldn’t whine.” The saucy tone of my pink haired friend nudged my side.

I simply shrugged as I looked at her being less than prepared for a winter night out. Beatrice had a fluffy purple coat wrapped around her thick frame, but that was the only thing that was protecting her from the harsh winds. Her thin black leggings and gloves hardly did anything to keep her warm.

Me on the other hand was a tad bit luckier. I too was wrapped in a wool coat, thick gloves, pants and a beanie. Shoving my hands into my warm pockets, I suddenly wished I was back home with Logan sipping on hot cocoa listening to him rant about his favorite film.

I can simply just imagine it.

Sadly I was stuck out here with Beatrice. Not only did she bombard me at the last minute, but she cornered me while I was with my boyfriend who felt bad that she didn’t have anyone to go with her. I knew that Beatrice had it planned out where I was with Logan when she asked.

She knew I couldn’t resist those baby blue eyes…

A sigh came out of my lips as my face started to become flush. Beatrice bounced in place already planning on what line she wanted to go in first. “Shouldn’t you have already planned this beforehand?” I inquired.

The only response I got was her sticking out her tongue.

“Very mature.” I muttered.

As an hour went by, the security guards gave us fair warning of no running in the mall or we would be kicked out for the day. I glanced down at my giddy friend who I knew was not going to follow the rules. Grabbing a fistful of her coat with my hand, I held on tightly when the doors slowly started to open.

Maintaining her craziness, we walked quickly towards the first store she wanted to go to. Now we had to wait in another line just to get into the store. Spending another hour shopping around, I cruised alongside Beatrice not interested in anything they had to offer.

“Aren’t you going to buy anything?” Beatrice finally asked once we left the H&M store.

“Nope.”

“Why the hell not? They have great deals, Anna.”

“I already bought my Christmas gifts like the smart person I am.” I then stuck out my tongue in the most childish way with Beatrice scrunching up her nose in defense. I wasn’t trying to get myself killed over the simplest of toys because of a half off mark down.

Being the nerd I am, I collect notes throughout the whole year for each person I needed to buy gifts for and around October I start to shop around looking for the perfect gift for each person. The one person that was harder than anyone was Logan.

What can you buy someone who has everything?

He was the only person I needed to spend more time on figuring out what I need to get him for Christmas.

Trailing behind Beatrice as we finally exit out of the mall to have another adventure of finding the car. “Where did you park the car, Beatrice?”

“Over there. I’m sure of it.” She pointed at some random direction. There was a part of me for being so foolish as to letting her park the car while I stood in line for the sale. With her scattered memory, we went around each row trying to find our car.

After an hour and a half of searching, we found the car and headed home. Beatrice thanked me a million times over for accompanying her and I just waved her off. I was too tired to even comprehend the adventure we just went through. My body ached from being pushed around for hours and I swear that blood was coming out of my ears from all the screaming.

Pushing the door open, I threw off my coat to see that the light from the television screen was on.

Then a head popped from around the corner with a sympathetic smile. “How did it go?”

I pursed my lips as I headed over towards Logan and plopped next to him dramatically putting an arm over my eyes. “It was as good as a Black Friday could get.”

Logan hummed in thought before he pulled my head on his lap and soothingly ran his fingers through my curls. “Did you buy anything?” I shook my head before telling him that I already bought most of the gifts beforehand. “I see. Well, let me rephrase that. Did you buy me anything?” He smiled cheekily.

I removed my arm from my eyes to see the glint in his eyes. “No. Couldn’t find a damn thing.” I grumbled.

He knew how frustrated I get every year trying to buy him that special gift. Logan always put out all the stops when getting me a present, but his budget was a lot higher than mine. Still, I wanted to be up there too. Despite Logan telling me constantly that I didn’t need to buy him a gift or even to go all out, I still wanted to do it.

“Your love is the greatest gift of all.” He reminded me.

I rolled my eyes, “Do you have to be so cheesy all the time?”

I fiddled with the silver bracelet wrapped around his wrist. It was a cheesy gift that I got for him for his birthday. Well, the first birthday that I spent with him and barely knowing the boy I got him something simple. The plate had our names engraved on the inside.

Super cheesy? I know.

Logan smiled widely, “Yes. Yes I do.” He cooed.

He cupped my face and loudly pressed his lips onto mine in a childlike manner. A giggle bubbled from my throat before I kissed him back. “I still want to get you something.” I persisted.

“How about…” Logan wracked his brain to give his girlfriend some ideas before she killed herself for overthinking. A sly grin appeared on his lips, “Why don’t you wrap yourself in a bow?”

I furrowed my brows not getting his innuendo. “Why would I—” My eyes widened when he wiggled his eyebrows. “Logan Wade Lerman! Get your mind out of the gutter!” I blushed furiously, smacking his upper arm in retort. Of course my hormonal boyfriend would think of something like that.

His only response was to laugh at my embarrassment. “You’re not helping me one bit.” I pouted childishly. Logan cooed as he softly brushed my hair out of my face, he kissed my cheek before telling me that we should head to bed after the long day I’ve had.

I simply agreed and held out my arms. “Carry me?”

I smiled in victory when he looped his arms around my body and hauled me up into his arms. I just loved being in his arms. The way they felt around me was amazing. Lying in bed beside me, I curled up beside him and went into deep slumber.

_ _ _

Why am I always stuck in freezing situations?

There I stood, boot clad in the snow with a snowboard beneath my feet and my oh so loving boyfriend cheering for me to slid down the small hill towards him. “Come on Annie! One push and your off!”

I growled, stomping in foot into the ground. “I wouldn’t be up here if you didn’t trick me!”

Logan smiled sheepishly, scratching the back of his head. “I swear I thought it was a bunny slope.”

“You lie!” I crossed my arms, grumbling to myself. There was no way in hell I was going to snowboard my way down the intermediate level slope. The slope itself was a bit steep, I could probably fall off the mountain if I missed a step.

I was slowly getting used to the bunny slopes, getting hang of being balanced on a freaking board and to be thrown to the deep end my fourth try down a slope was not the best of situations. Logan promised me that I would have fun in the mountains and I imagined myself building a snowman, snow angels, and snow balls. Anything that involved me safely on the ground with nothing strapped to my feet.

But the way he looked at me. Those beautiful, irresistible blue eyes that I love so much…

Damn him.

“Anna. Please?”

I peered down at my five foot nine destination. Standing there with a black beanie covering his moppy brown hair and all black and grey snow gear. The endearing and encouraging smile almost made me push off.

Almost.

Until I saw small children around the tender age of six skiing and snowboarding down the mountain like it was nothing. I suddenly felt ridiculous. Logan didn’t seem to notice or care as he kept beckoning to me to come down.

“If you come down. I promise to buy you hot cocoa.”

If only he didn’t let go of me I wouldn’t be stuck on this hill. People easily went around me as I stupidly stood there with small motivation. Nibbling on my lower chapped lip, I slowly exhaled to calm my erratic heartbeat. Sliding my goggles on, the orange vision did nothing to comfort me.

Slow and steady. I kept reminding myself. Tucking in my other foot into the strap, I turned my board to face Logan. A small squeak left my lips as I felt my board take off, my mind tried to wrack through to remember the maneuvers Logan taught me. Jerking myself to the left, I squealed again as my speed slowed down a bit before I curved again to the right.

“Put your arms to your side for balance!” Logan demonstrated, flapping his arms as if I didn’t get the message.

With my arms tucked to my chest like a frightful mouse, I whipped them out, stretching them out like a bird. I probably look like the stupidest thing that ever went down a mountain, but it helped.

When Logan kept coming closer and closer, I started to smile a bit as he excitedly took my arm when I was within reach and pulled me close. “You did it Annie! That was great!”

It took all of me not to collapse with fear, so I clung onto him like white on rice as I breathed in his scent with my head stuck in repeat, I’m safe. I’m safe. I’m safe.

As Logan tried to peel me off of him; he soon realized that it was never going to happen in the next hour or so. Instead, he picked up his board with me stuck to his side and walked with me as my board easily transported me towards the small lodge.

Finally warming up next to the fireplace and my hands clasped a cup of hot cocoa. “I hope that is the end of your adventures for me. I don’t think I can take anymore.”

Logan chuckled as he rubbed my back soothingly, “I’m sorry. You have to admit it was a bit funny how you came down the mountain.” Logan demonstrated the look on my face, the concentration and nerves mixed into the expression I made. “You looked like a bird. It was cute.”

It didn’t stop from me being embarrassed. I’m so glad he didn’t get it on camera.

“And now I can give you this.” Logan rummaged through his pocket before he placed a small neatly wrapped box in front of me. “Merry Christmas.”

“Christmas is a few weeks away.” I furrowed my brows as I stared at the striped red and white box.

“Open it. Open it. Open it.” He shook me slightly.

I laughed, pushing him away. “Alright. I’ll open it, you loser.” Taking the box into my hand, I ripped through the sheet of paper to reveal a box. Still confused, I heard him tell me to open it. Rolling my eyes, I opened it to reveal a small silver charm.

“I thought it was appropriate and it made a nice memory.”

A large smile appeared on my face as I took the small snowboard charm into my hand. I melted at the sight before I pulled my boyfriend close and kissed him on the lips. His soft pink lips mashed perfectly with mine, sending warmth throughout my entire body.

“I love it. Thank you.”

Pulling up my sleeve, Logan clipped the snowboard charm next to the other charms on my bracelet. Feeling giddy all over again, I climbed onto his lap and pressed my lips onto his feeling the security and fire spread through my body once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
The joys of Christmas. Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!