Sheep in Wolf Clothing

Losing

After the movie, Alyson and Ben were nowhere to be seen. I smiled in relief. Alyson wasn't losing her touch after all.

When I went home, I immediately went to April's room. She was painting Lester's nails hot pink.

"Hey Amber!." April said cheerfully.

"Hi. Why are you painting Lester's nails?" I asked giggling.

"He lost the bet." April said. "Hey can you pass the electric blue?"

"What bet?" I asked as I passed the bottle of electric blue to her.

"We made a bet to see if you really would go out with Ben." Lester said glumly as April made little flowers on his nail with the blue.

"And if I won, I got to put makeup on Lester." April said happily.

"So what if Lester won?" I asked.

"She had to dress in a chicken suit and go to school tomorrow." Lester said.

"So did he ask for a second date?" April asked.

"No." I said. I could see Lester had perked up.

Then my cellphone rang.

"You've reached hell.This is Satan speaking how may I torture you?" I asked in my best cheerful voice. April and Lester tried not to laugh.

I heard laughing from the other line. "It's me, Ben."

"Oh hi." I said. I crossed my fingers and shut my eyes. Please don't ask me out on a second date. Please, please, please. I chanted.

"Do you want to go out with me again?" Ben asked.

Crap. I threw my cellphone to April who caught it neatly with one hand.

"Hello?" She asked.

"No this isn't Amber."

"She'd love to!"

I groaned. "Tomorrow at six in the Demetris Cafe." April said happily.

"No! Do you know what she's gonna make me do?" Lester asked turning to me.

"No, but I have a feeling you're gonna tell me." I said.

"If you think this is bad, I have to go up to someone and ell my feelings for them." Lester whispered the last part.

"Oh who?" I asked.

Lester looked at me then at April. "No body." He said and ran out the door.

"Damien." April said.

"What?" I asked.

"Damien. Lester likes Damien."

Lester was... gay? "Damien, you mean the boy who gets picked on because he's gay?" I asked.

"Yeah." April said.

"He's pretty." I said.

"Yeah he is." April said and began to put away her manicure kit.

"You know if you want Ben to stop liking you, all you have to do either pretend you're lesbian, or be really obnoxious." April said. "I did both when Peter, you know the football player, liked me."

"Which one worked better?" I asked. I needed help and April was a master when it came to boys.

"It actually depends on the boy and his intrests." She said.

"So...." I waved my hand to tell her to continue.

"So, you have to learn more about Ben and his likes and dislikes" April said.

"Now get out, you have school tomorrow." She said.

This is what the characters look like:

Lester: [img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2379/2098792380_f10ab88523.jpg?v=0[/img]

Ben: Image

Amber: Image

April: Image

Alyson: Image