Status: Updating as much as possible. Check out my first story "The Balcony Scene"!

A Match Into Love

Chapter 2

It was third period now. The class where I decide not to pay attention worth shit, and just drew in my notebook. This was my science class of the day ad my only class without Vic and with Jake.

"Hey. Babe." I heard Jake whisper behind me, leaning forward in his seat to talk in my ear.

"Luke is throwing a party tonight at the beach house after the game. His parents are out of t-"

"Out of town for work again." I finished his sentence for him. This was normal for Luke to have parties on Fridays after games at his beach house. He was the captain of his team and one of the richest kids at school.

"Exactly. We're going at about 10. Sound good?" He said, still whispering in my ear.

"I guess. We normally do." I replied, leaning further back in my seat so he could hear me. "I'll probably invite Vic." I said.

I could practically hear him roll his eyes, and predict the sigh that usually comes along.

Just as I predict, he sighs. "Fine. Tell him to bring along that hot girlfriend of his."

I turned in my seat to face him.

"Hot girlfriend who isn't nearly as drop dead beautiful as my girl." He said, trying to save himself.

"Mhm." I said and turned back in my seat after he gave me a discreet kiss on the cheek.

I swear, every guy in this school wanted to get in Sierra's pants. And all the girls wanted to be her.

She had it all. The hot body, and rich parents. Long, straight blond hair, long legs, tiny torso. I guess I can see why Jake would say that she's hot. She's popular too.

Me and Vic always thought that Jake and Sierra would end up together in high school and people would bet that me and Vic would be together.

Me and Vic were always together, we lived the same 'style' of life, and that was the same with Jake and Sierra.

But one day in freshman year, Vic and his brother Mike and their friends Tony and Jaime were playing some songs at the talent show. Sierra found out that Vic could sing and play guitar, so she "had to have him".

And Vic being the guy that he is, always wanted a chance with her too. Since her and Vic were attached to the hip in the beginning of their relationship, he would invite me to some of the parties that him and Sierra got invited to, and that's how I met Jake.

I always thought he was attractive. Wavy, light brown hair and blue eyes. So when he asked me out I figured "why not?" He was the boy that all the girls wanted too so I thought we would be way done by now.

Me and my mom don't have much money. She works at the laundry mat during the day and at the bar during the night. Same goes with Vic. His mom divorced his dad when Vic was only 4, and was left with his little brother Mike and their abusive father. Their dad worked as a manager in the music store during the day and spends time getting drunk at the bar at night..

Why the two hottest people in the school were interested in a couple of the poorest people in school was beyond both of us. But we just went with it.

"What are you up to at lunch?" Jake asked, holding my hand as we went to our lockers after science was over.

"Me and Vic are going out to eat." I replied.

"Again?" He asked. He freaked out on me about a month ago because he was starting to think that we were into each other too, so I told him off. I told him if he keeps getting upset about me hanging out with him, then I would break up with him. He'd done that one too many times.

He didn't want that so he always held himself back when I told him we were hanging out. "Jake..."

"I know, I know." He said as we reached my locker. "Have fun. I'll see you at the game tonight." He said and we kissed before he went the opposite way.

I closed my locker and went to see my friend Tina before going to find Vic. "Hey, you seem Vic?" I asked.

Tina was Mike's long time girlfriend, so we got to hang out a lot. She was my closest girl friend.

"Uh..I think I saw him outside of art with Sierra downstairs." He replied.

"Okay. Thanks. Oh, are you and Mike going to the game tonight?" I asked her before I forgot.

"We should be. But since you and Vic are gonna be out after the party we might just spend the night in so we can be alone." She said with a shy smile.

"Oh, I get it." I said, wiggling my eyebrows at her. "Well, then you two have fun."

"You and Vic have a good time too." Tina said wiggling her eyebrows back at me.

"Just friends! I shouted back to her as I went to the stairs to go find Vic. Tina was constantly telling me about how she was rooting for me and Vic to be together.

Don't get me wrong. Vic is attractive. He's got long brown hair that he sometimes would straighten, and these big brown eyes to match. And a smile that was contagious. He had a nose piercing as well.

But he's dating Sierra and I'm with Jake. And I wouldn't want it differently.

"Great here comes the troll." I heard Sierra say to Vic. He turned around with furrowed eyebrows to see who she was talking about.

I slowed my pace when I neared them.

"Babe, don't be like that. I'll see you tonight, okay?" Vic said to her before pulling her in for a kiss.

I looked down at my feet so I wouldn't witness it. "Don't have too much fun you too!" She called back to me and Vic as she strutted her way to the cafeteria.

"Don't say it." Vic said to me, knowing I was about to make a comment about the slut.

"Mhmm. Lets just go." I said as we made our way out the school for lunch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Are you liking it so far? Give me your thoughts on it!