Status: Updating as much as possible. Check out my first story "The Balcony Scene"!

A Match Into Love

Chapter 3

(Vic's POV)

"Hey, I'm on my way." I said to Sierra on my cellphone as I locked up apartment door.

"Okay. Hurry." She said.

I didn't bother to reply and just pressed end.

I don't know what was going on with her these last couple weeks. She was getting on my case more than usual. To be honest, it was pissing me right the fuck off.

I got into the beat up car that I had outside and started the ignition as the music blared.

Anyway. I loved her. We've been together forever, so I don't know why she's so worried about me and Ally's friendship. But she had to stop.

Alesana isn't the type to let things piss her off much, and if she did, she wouldn't bitch about it much. Which is another reason why she's my best friend. But the things that Sierra was doing and saying about her was too much now. I wasn't about to let her chase Ally out of my life.

That's why I wanted to see her quickly tonight at her house. To let her know that she needed to stop before I leave her.

I don't know what's going on between us anymore. I'm just not getting excited to see her as much as I did when we started going out. I don't get the same rush from her kisses or her touch as I used to either. We've only had sex a few times, but now every time she tries to, I just end up stopping us before we get too heated.

Might as well give us one last chance, I thought as I pulled up to her driveway. I rang the doorbell and her maid came to answer the door for me to let me in.

"Thanks." I said to her before slipping off my vans. "Hey Mrs. James!" I called to Sierra's mom that was in the kitchen.

"Hey, Vic. She's in her room." She said to me, looking up from her magazine.

"Okay." I said and ran up the staircase to see my girlfriend.

"Come in." I heard a soft voice say behind the close door, after I knocked softly.

"Hey."

"Hey babe!" She made her way over to me from her bed. She went up on her toes a bit and gave me a kiss. "What'd you want to talk about?" She asked, taking my hand in hers, leading us to her bed.

I took a deep breath before starting. "Well, you know I love you right? But..I've been stressing about this for awhile now, and I..I just want to get it off my chest.." I said looking in her big blue eyes.

"Okay..? And what exactly did I do?" She asked, already getting pissed.

"That. That right there. You've been..like attacking me with your words lately. Getting angry at me for no reason. What's up with that?" I asked as nicely as possible.

"Babe, I love you. I don't see how you think that I'm getting angry at you.." She said, trying to defend herself.

"You have, Sierra."

"Kay, no I haven't Vic! Your just being stupid." She said, getting off her bed walking towards her desk and leaning against it.

I raised my eyebrows at her instead of responding.

"Fine. You say I've been 'getting angry at you lately'..what have I been getting mad at you for?" She asked after rolling her eyes at me.

"With lots of little things. If I'm even a little late to come hang out with you, you'll freak out. And don't even get me started on Ally."

"Oh, god Vic! You-"

"Don't say what I know your about to say." I said, cutting her words off.

"Jesus Vic! I'm not the only one who thinks this! Your in love with the damn girl. Only god knows why." She snapped back.

I stood up from the bed and walked a few feet towards her. "How many fucking times do I have to say that I am not in love with Alesana. She is my best friend." I said, putting emphacice on the 'best friend' part.

"Okay. So if it is me that you're in love then you wouldn't mind doing something for me. Just to prove it."

"Yeah. I'll do anything, if it means you'll stop accusing me of this." I said back and she walked closer to me, and put her hand around my neck.

"Stop hanging out with her. If you really love me- and not Ally..then stop hanging out with her."

"You know I would never do that." I said as I took her hand off my neck.

"Fine. Then get the hell out of my house. Go to the party with her instead." She pushed me away from her.

"Are you serious right now?" I asked as I fell towards the door from her shove. "I'm not just gonna stop being friends with her just to please your ass." I said with my arms put out.

"Leave, Vic!" She shouted as she threw one of the pillows that was on her bed.

I scoffed at her before leaving her room and slamming the door.

I didn't care whether her mom was downstairs or not. I didn't bother saying goodbye to her either and shut the front door before heading back home to pick up Ally for the game.

~~~~~

"She did not actually ask you that! Is she fuckin crazy?" Ally said as we walked into the high school gym to watch the game. I had just finished telling her about what happened between me and Sierra a few hours ago.

"What do you think? This is Sierra James we're talking about." I responded, still pissed off about the whole thing.

"Wooow. And you didn't break up with her becaauuse...?"

"Truthfully..I don't know. Honestly Ally, I don't know what I'm doing anymore." I answered, stressing myself out more.

"Vic." She said, as we took our seats to watch the game somewhere a little less crowed on the bleachers. "You know I love you. But...and I say this will your best interest at heart...but you can do so much better than that girl." She put a hand on my knee before continuing. "You know I wouldn't say this if I truly didn't mean it. If she made you happy, and you guys were good together, than I would be happy for you. But I'm just getting pissed off about the whole thing."

"Trust me. So am I." I said before closing my eyes and rubbing my temples as I rested my elbows on my knees. Ally moved her hand and put an arm around my shoulder.

"If Sierra loved you, and she full heartedly cared for your happiness, then she wouldn't have done what she did tonight. I mean...asking you to stop being friends with someone you've known forever...that's jut being fucked in the head." She said as she rubbed my back, comforting me.

"I know. You are right, don't get me wrong. There's just so much history between us. I don't want to give up right away. I just need her to hear me out."

"I get it. Just know that I'll have your back if things don't end up working out."

I pulled her into a hug. "Thanks for everything. I couldn't get through all this without you."

She gave me a reassuring smile before turning her attention to the team that finally made their way to the benches at the floor. Jake had spotted us on the bleachers and smiled at Ally.

"Mind if I go talk to him quickly?" She asked me with a smile.

"Go for it. I'm gonna go for a quick walk and get some water. Want a drink?" I asked as we made our way to the bottom of the risers.

"Yes please. Just an ice tea." I nodded before she made her way to her boyfriend and kissed him on the mouth.

I'm glad she's happy. She deserves it. I didn't mind Jake all that much. He seemed to treat Ally better than Sierra was treating me.

I walked around the school for a bit, cooling off before I got me and Ally some drinks.

"Hey! The games about to start!" Ally called out to me from a few feet behind me in the cafeteria.

"I'll be right there!" I said back to her and she turned to go back to the gym.

"Hey! Vic!" I turned to see who was talking to me. It was my old friend Jeremy. I haven't talked to him in a long time.

"Jeremy! What's going on?" I asked as he made him way towards me. "What are you doing back in town?" I questioned. Jeremy had moved away from San Diego about two years ago.

"I'm just in town visiting some family. Thought I'd stop by the game for awhile." He answered.

"Thanks." I said to the cafeteria person before leaving the line and going to stand with Jeremy to talk. "Nice. You coming to the party later?"

"I can't man. My dad wants me home after the game is done. Anyway, I thought I saw you walking around the halls earlier. You looked pretty stressed. Something going on?" He asked.

"Oh, yeah. It's just my girlfriend. We've been fighting a lot lately and yeah..." I replied shrugging.

"That little dark haired girl? I saw you two in the gym earlier. You seem pretty happy together. She's a babe." He said, patting my back approving.

"Dude, that's Alesana. Don't you remember her?" I said laughing.

"That's Ally? Holy shit, has she grown up in the past two years." He said with a shocking expression. "So you guys aren't dating yet?"

I gave him a weird look. "What do you mean 'yet?'"

"I just always figured you guys would end up together. It was obvious even when I still lived here, you guys were into each other." He said, still shocked.

"Nah, man. I'm actually dating the cheerleader Sierra James." I corrected him.

"Oh I see. Well, good luck with everything man. I better get back to my cousin before he starts hyperventilating without me."

"Alright. Call if your ever in town again soon." I said as I made my way to the gym.

Jeremy thought it too. There has been countless times when people would ask me if I was dating Ally. I looked at Ally from the stands.

Of course she was beautiful - and as Jeremy had pointed out, she has grown up in the past while.

Her hair was longer, past her mid back; she filled out more and became more adult looking. No one could deny that she was pretty.

She must have felt me watching her because she started waving me over to her finally. I felt my cheeks go red slightly from my thoughts.

I handed her her drink as I sat next to her.

"What took you so long?" She asked.

"I ran into Jeremy out there." I told her.

"Oh really? What's he doing in town?"

"Family visit." I explained.

"Ah. And what did you and good ol' Jeremy talk about?"

"Oh..you know. Just..catching up." I said smiling to her not wanting to bring up what he had to say about me as her. She nodded and turned her attention back to the game.

I continued to look at her though. Taking in her features. She felt eyes on her again. She turned to face me. "What?" I looked down and smiled. "What were you looking at!" She asked, nudging me a bit, laughing.

"Don't worry. It's nothing." I said laughing along.

"What? Do I have something on my face?" She asked, touching her face.

"No! Don't worry I said. You look great." I said.

She just eyed me again, confused as to why I was staring at her. We turned our faces to watch the rest of them game.

~~~~

About half an hour later, I was making my way up to Lukes parents beach house. The music was blasting inside, and there was cars everywhere.

I was alone because Jake wanted Ally to go with her in his car. I didn't mind though.

"Vic, over here!" I heard someone call.

I made my way over to Ally in the living room area. She was sitting on Jake's lap. She got off him though as I neared.

"Hey, so if you want you can drink tonight. I don't plan on spending the night, so I can drive us back home later. I know you've had a very stressful few days." She offered, putting out the cup of alcohol in her hands to me.

"Sounds like a plan. Here's my keys." I gave them to her so I wouldn't lose them as I usually end up doing at most parties.

"Drink up my friend."

I took the cup and took a gulp, wanting to forget about this day altogether. Ally made her way back to her boyfriend and they started making out on the couch. I decided to make my way to the kitchen where I found Tony.

"Yo! Vic's here." He made his way over to me, clearly already pretty drunk. "What's going on man, I haven't talked with you in like 5 years!" He said as he put an arm around me, taking another swig from the bottle in his hands.

"It's only been about two days man." I said, drinking some more myself.

"Close enough. Anyway what's going on. I thought you'd be here with what's her face." He slurred, referring to Sierra. Tony really didn't like me being with her. He always thought she was a bitch.

"Nope. Got in another fight. So I'm getting drunk tonight!"

"Another fight? Shit man, you guys have been fighting nonstop for almost four weeks now. I told you you should be with Ally instead of that bitch."

"Yeah, yeah. I know what you think." I said, not wanting to continue the conversation.

"Just sayin." He said, putting his hands up in defense. "Come on, lets go play some beer pong!" He said excitedly.

For the rest of the night I got hammered as fuck and could barely stand on my own two feet properly. "There's Ally!" I said as I saw her come outside to find me.

"Holy shit. How much did you drink?" She asked laughing at me.

"Don't worry about me." I slurred.

"Come on. We should get you home now." She came over to me and pulled me up on my feet and put one of my arms around her shoulder so we could go to my car.

(Ally's POV)

"You know what? Your like the bestest friend ever. I friggen love you Ally." Vic said to me from the passenger seat. Damn, was he ever drunk.

I just laughed at his drunkness and drove back to the appartment.

He was talking my ear off about the most random stuff ever and was very loud about the whole thing.

"Okay, Vic. You need to be quiet now. We're home." I said, shutting the ignition off and going to his side off the car to help him out. Once again I put one of his arms around my shoulder, and I put my arm around his waist to help him inside the appartment.

I had to keep shushing him along the way though.

"Ally, can I just spend the night. I don't want to be home now." He asked me when we got to my floor.

"Fine, but we're going to bed right away." I ordered.

I quickly unlocked my door to let us in. I led Vic to my room and sat him on my unmade bed as his arm slipped off of my shoulder.

"Let me get you some water."

"I don't want water." He grabbed my hand, pulling me down to sit next to him on the bed. "Just stay here with me. Lay down with me." He said. I sighed before going to turn the light off and slipping my shoes off.

While I did this Vic had taken his shoes off along with his shirt. I was used to having him do that when he spent the night, so it wasn't awkward.

I went to the bed and once again he grabbed my hand and pulled me down, but this time my body ended up ontop of his.

"Oh okay, you squishing me." I said as his arms were wrapped tightly around my body. My hand was under my chest and was on Vic's chest, so I pushed off of him and layed on his side, on my back.

"No more alcohol for you for awhile." I said making him laugh.

"Deal. You know, I'm so happy I'm with you right now instead of Sierra." He said as a matter of fact.

"Are you, now?"

"Yeah. You don't make me want to chop my ears off." He said causing me to start laughing loudly.

"Good to know you enjoy my company." I said. "Considering we pretty much hang out all the time and all."

He laughed at me. "Your company's my favorite." I smiled at this. Most of the time it was me who was wasted and Vic taking are of me. It was entertaining watching him be this drunk as apposed to me.

"We should get some sleep now." I said before we stayed up talking all night.

"Mm. Goodnight beautiful." He said before he passed out and started softly snoring.

"Goodnight Vic." I replied though I know he wouldn't hear me.

I turned my body to face him. The bed was so small so our bodies were fairly close and I could feel his breath on me. I closed my eyes and let my sleepiness take over for the night as I layed by my best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment/subscribe/recommend!