Status: Updating as much as possible. Check out my first story "The Balcony Scene"!

A Match Into Love

Chapter 8

(Vic's POV)

I took a deep breath before un-buckling my seat belt in my car. I had texted Ally not that long ago, so she knew I was coming to visit her at work. I needed to talk to her about the almost kiss at her house last night. I didn't want to act like it never happened.

I went inside the music store as the bell dinged. Ally looked up from her book and gave me a smile.

"Hello Victor!" She greeted me.

"Hey Alesana." I said and leaned on the counter. "You seem chipper." I noted. "Did you and Jake make up?"

"Nope! He's actually tried calling this morning, but I didn't answer. Not after what happened last night. I don't even know where we stand right now? If we're broken up or what." She said and I gave her a nod. "But I'm starting to not even give a shit."

"Well, that's good. Just keep remembering what you deserve." I said, giving her the same advice she gave me a while ago about Sierra.

"That's the plan. So what's up with you?" She asked.

"I-uh..wanted to talk to you. You know...about what happened last night before Jake called.." I said cautiously, watching my words.

"Oh. I was wondering if we were ever going to talk about that." She blushed slightly and looked down from my narrowed eyes.

"Look, Ally..I wanted to say I'm sorry." She tilted her head to the side. "I knew that you and Jake were -and still are- having issues, and you really didn't need me coming in there about to make things worse by kissing you."

"Vic, you don't have to apologize."

"Yes I do. That was not my place to do that and-"

She covered my mouth with her hand over the counter. "Vic. It's fine. Really." She gave me a soft smile. "Look, it's not like I tried anything to stop it.." She looked away from my eyes again.

"Okay. Sorry." I quickly said, and she shot me a glare.

I smirked at her. "Vic...why did you? You know..almost kiss me?" She asked, and I froze. What the hell was I supposed to say?

I opened my mouth then closed it twice before a costumer spoke. "Excuse me? Could I get some help over here?"

We both jumped slightly from the outburst. She raised her index finger to say she would be there in a second then looked back at me. "I'll be right back."

She made her way to the costumer, and I followed her with my eyes. She gave the middle aged man her warming smile and a laugh. They talked for about two minutes and she made her way back to me.

"Sorry about that." She said as she sat back down on the stool.

"It's fine." I said giving her a smile. "So, me and the guys have a gig at that small theatre on Thursday. You're coming right?"

"Yeah, I always come. I believe that I'm working that day, but I can walk my way over afterwards." She said.

"That works. I can come before you're done work and we can head over together?" I offered.

"If you want to."

"Then that's what I'll do. I probably won't see tomorrow. I have practice all day, so I'll just see you in the morning on Monday." I said and started heading out.

"Bye Vic!" She called out.

(Sunday - Band Practice)

"So, what's the haps with you and your lady friend?" Jaime asked me wiggling his eyebrows.

I gave him a glare as Tony and Mike chuckled discreetly. "Really? Are you really talking like that now?" I asked referring to his choice of words.

"Seriously though, what's going on with Ally?" Mike asked after Jaime nodded.

"Nothing. I talked to her at work yesterday, and said I was sorry about the whole thing.." I said as I played a couple notes on my guitar.

"You said sorry?" Tony asked astounded.

"Uh..yeah." I replied. "Don't give me that look turtle. Things may be still happening with her and her ass of a boyfriend anyway. I don't know if their broken up or what.." I trailed off.

"Oh I see. You want them broken up then, don't you?" He asked grinning.

I shot my head up. "I never said that!"

"Okay. Then say it now. Look at all of us -your best friends- and tell us that you don't wish that Jake had interrupted your almost kiss with your sexy best friend Ally. And that you don't wish that she was for sure single so you could make a move." He said, all three of them leaning closer to me, waiting for me to say something.

I looked up at all their waiting eyes, then looked back down to my hands, focusing on my tuning.

"That's what I thought." Tony sang.

I shook my head and chuckled. "Let's just start practice, huh?"

~~~~

(Wednesday)

I closed my locker with my books in my hand, about to head to English class. I turned my head to the right and saw Jake and Alesana talking, it looked as though he was trying to get her to listen, but she just kept walking away with a pissed off expression on her face.

I waited at my locker until she reached me, Jake stopping a few feet back when Ally wouldn't respond at all.

"Hey." I said softly as she was next to me. "You okay?"

"Yeah. Let's just go to class." She said. I put my hand on her lower back, rubbing her to comfort her.

I looked back to Jake and saw him glaring at us. "What did Jake have to say?" I asked as we started walking.

"I don't know. I'm just really not up to hearing him out yet. He pretty much broke up with me, so it's his own fault." She said, hugging herself with her arms.

I fully put my arm around her shoulder and she leaned into my touch.

"Whore." We turned our heads to the left to see Sierras group of friends sitting at a bench, snickering at us.

Ally took it upon herself to give them the middle finger with a sarcastic smirk on her lips, slyly enough so only they and I could see it.

They shot us glares and we continued to walk to our class laughing.

"My best friend." I simply said with a smile, as she wrapped her arm around my waist.
♠ ♠ ♠
Liking it so far? c: some more recommends would be really nice!!