Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

What a Doctor is Suppose to Do

"What the hell is going on here!" I growled as I entered a special room in the medical facility.
"This does not concern you, Dr. Night." An older doctor replied as he watched through a two way mirror.
"Like hell it doesn't!" I glared at the heartless person in front of me. Down the hall I could hear a poor person screaming bloody murder. My eyes flickered to the room the doctor was watching over. A young man with shaggy brown hair was crying out as he tried to stay in control of his other self. "How long has he been turned?" There was blood on the walls from where he pounded his fists until they bleed; not that you could tell physically.
"About a week ago." The doctor replied off offhandedly.
"Are you Fucking me? You haven't assigned him an Alpha yet?" My mouth literally dropped open. The heartless bastard.
"We'll get to it."
"His wolf needs someone to follow! You're driving that poor young man and his wolf insane!" He merely shrugged. I growled again before stalking over to a table full of drugs. I picked up a gun and walked out the door.
"Where do you think you are going!" The doctor shouted.
"Doing what a doctor's suppose to do, help someone." I scanned my ID at the door and whipped it open. The man stopped spazzing and looked over at me. I could see the struggle on his face. His eyes bled from their natural blue to amber to blue again as his ears, teeth, and facial hair shifted from long to regular. Just as I pointed the gun at him, the young man roared and charged at me. I fired a tranq at him and right as he was about to swipe me, the tranq took effect and I caught him. He twitched and struggled to gain control of his body. I whispered to him to calm down and that I was going to actually take care of him. His labored breathing finally calmed and he laid quietly in my lap. "I promise, I will find you a pack and you will no longer have to worry about becoming a rabid." I stroked his long hair and he nuzzled into my lap. I smiled gently down before glaring at the mirror. I pointed a finger at it and commanded, "Bring me my tablet now, I'll fix your mess." Two minutes later the door opened and the doctor handed me the thin computer. "Let this happen again and I swear to God I will castrate you or throw you in with a pup who is slowly going insane. You understand?"
"You-You c-c-cannnnot doo that. I-I am y-y-y-your sssenior." He stuttered out.
"You may be my 'senior' but I am a hundred times better than you and unlike you, the government won't get rid of me because I'm one of the few willing to be here. So leave, you're pissing me off." The doctor scurried off, leaving me with the slowly drifting young man. "Sorry you had to hear that, now can you tell me your name."
His blue eyes shifted groggily up to my two different colored ones and replied, "Private Deklyn Ward."
"Nice to meet you Deklyn. My name is Dr. Alear-Rain Night, please call me Rai, and I am going to find a pack for you. So get some rest, you look tired." I smiled down at him. He tiredly smiled back and snuggled into my thighs.
As he slept, I looked over his record and then looked through W Units that were in need of pack members. I read through 12 packs before I found one that caught my interest. W Unit 13 or the Aldwin Pack. It was lead by Alpha Zane Aldwin and at the moment had only 6 members. I read through the personalities of all of the members and decided Deklyn would fit in well with them. I re-read over Zane's records and knew he would treat Deklyn well and properly teach him how to be a wolf. Zane also seemed familiar and it took me five minutes of staring at his picture before giving up and assigning Deklyn to Zane's pack. I send the request in and placed my tablet on the floor. I gave Deklyn a quick check-up, not trusting any of the doctors who have seen him so far, and then called for help to put him on the bed. I stay for another hour, when he started to wake from his induced sleep.
"Hi Deklyn, how are you feeling?"
"Hey Rai, I'm tired but okay for now." His smiled faltered at the prospect of going insane when he wakes up.
"I assigned you to a pack while you were sleeping. All it needs to do is get approved and the Alpha will come to see you. You are going to be fine."
"Thank you."
"Most welcome. I have to get going, I've been slacking on my duties." I chuckled.
"Will I see you again?"
"Who knows, I hope so. Bye, pup." I teased. He rolled his eyes and waved as I left his room to make my rounds.
♠ ♠ ♠
I thought this would be a cool take on werewolves, so here you are a futuristic take on werewolves being part of the military. Cheers!