Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

I Miss Him More Everyday

Chezza sat quietly a moment as she replayed my words in her head and placed her cup on the table. She chewed her lip as it finally sunk in; I had seen my parents. "How did that go?" She asked hesitantly. She was well aware of my family situation since we have been friends since I was 3 and she was 8.
I continued circling my finger around the rim and replied sarcastically, "Awesome, great family freaken reunion."
"That bad huh?" I just made a face that indicated it went pretty bad. "What happened?"
She's the only one I'd tell my problems to. "I was helping W Unit 13 unpack the ship since I wasn't any use with the injured researcher. So we were working and they were talking when I heard my... birth name called out. I turned to see my parents and went over to talk to them. As usual, we ended up yelling at each other and now the entire building probably knows our family's love for each other. It was just a giant mess of yelling and how could I be a wolf doctor and how I had a rep as a wolf lover blah blah blah. Then I was paged and my parents fucken freaked out when they found out I took Jay's name. Like it was a sin or something that I decided to take my brother's name, seriously! Are they two or something?
"Anyway, we fought even more and they were all 'how can you consider him family?' And I'm like 'well cuz he is unlike you.' And they actually scoffed at the idea that we weren't family any more and mum said I was being 'melodramatic' when I said we weren't. I was fucken stunned and then spit back that they were the one's that divorced me and they actually laughed."
"Wait, they forgot they disowned you and divorced you from the family?" She looked at me with a WTF face and I nodded.
"Right! I mean they made sure I was no longer family and now they're like 'we are still family and shit.' I mean come on, that's when I brought up the whole legally we aren't anymore and then my dad flipped when I said Jay was my mom, dad, and brother, unlike them. Yelling and shouting and crap and then I was paged again and I had to leave." I got quiet as I remember the next part.
"Rai, you okay?" Chezza looked at me side-ways with a concerned face.
I shrugged, "Mum brought up Jay." Chezza looked at me confused. "I don't mean me being adopted by him, but... she asked me how he was doing."
Chezza's jaw dropped open and she sputtered, "W-w-what!?"
"Yep." I nodded, "She didn't even know he's been dead for the past four fucken years!" My anger rose and I growled. "He was her and dad's SON and they don't even know he's dead! I got so pissed that I wrote where he was down, flicked it at them, and told them to ask him. I marched off and now I kinda regret it. Someone Not them probably picked it up and that's not something I want..." Chezza pulled me into a hug and I curled into her. "I miss him, Chez... I miss him more everyday."
"I know, Rai, I know."

~3rd POV~

Zane took the piece of paper from Deklyn and read it over three times before shoving it into his pocket. How did he not recognize her? He pushed the thought aside and ordered, "Let's finish up here and get debriefed." The pack slowly nodded, still stunned by the scene that had just occurred, and started unpacking the ship again.
As Deklyn passed Zane, he stopped and poked his Alpha. "Zane? What about Rai?" His eyes held hurt after she brushed passed him and left without saying a word.
He patted the young Theta on the head and replied, "Leave her be for now, she seemed to be in a lot of pain. She'll come around."
"But we won't see her again. I'm worried about her."
Zane was too, and he had questions. "We'll see if we can leave her a message, okay?"
Deklyn nodded sadly, "Okay. Zane, have you met Rai before?"
"Why do you ask?"
His cheeks turned pink and replied, "You froze when you heard her parents call her Selena and went almost white when you saw the paper."
So he had been obvious in his reactions. Usually he was very stoic, but hearing her and Jay's name again caught him off guard and he lost his composure. "I may, I want to confirm something first before making assumptions. Come on let's help the others." The Theta nodded and together they finished up the last of the supplies. After finishing up the work, they headed to the local W Unit post to debrief, shower, eat, and sleep before shipping out to another mission or going home to their post.
Zane had finished showering and borrowed a tablet from a wolf in another pack to check out some information. As he ate, he updated himself on local and universal news, found out the pack was heading back to PreOle, and then pulled up old newspaper and records. He searched for Jayce Night, Werewolf #101013 and held his breath as he hit the search button. Almost immediately a picture of him smiling in his uniform popped up and information about him was underneath:
Name: Jayce Night
ID: #101013
W Unit: 101 (y:3036-3039)
Role: Scout
Deceased:_Septem/ 3040_____
Buried: The Cimeterium #101013
Family:
Name: Dr. Aleara-Rain Night (Formerly: Selena Bright-Knight, M.D./Mech)
Relation: Sister
Zane ran his fingers through his fingers as he reread the little blurb about his friend and stared at the familiar smile of his best friend. It made sense why Jay never wrote, called, or saw him after their pack got broken up, but how did he not know? Why didn't someone tell him? For that matter, why didn't Rai tell him during the two weeks they lived on the ship together?
He cleared the history and shut off the device before he stared at it too long. He told his pack he was going back to the bunkers and going to sleep. He doubted he would be sleeping a lot tonight.
Zane was on his side trying to sleep when Deklyn walked into the bunker and said, "You know her?"
"Yeah, I knew her..."
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=68968905 -W Unit uniform. The shirt comes in male and female fitting. Sorry this one's late, but I just made yesterday.