Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

Down in the Underground

A week and a half into the mission, I ended up throwing the papers of Trina up in the air in frustration. "You alright?" Deklyn asked as he waltzed in like he normally did at this time.
I slumped in my chair and looked at him with my head upside down. "No, doctors suck. I think I'm just going to give everyone a check up so I know the information is correct and not half-assed. Most of the time things are only half filled in."
"Aww poor Rai, got such a hard job." He teased as he rubbed my shoulders.
"I dooo." I complained. "You try figuring out what these notes are." I passed him his file.
He turned it about until he handed it back, "Yep, can't read it."
"Didn't think so. Therefore, off I go to talk to Zane to inform him about the check-ups." I swung myself up and out of the chair to head towards the Alpha. I walked into the workout room where the air instantly turned tense. Yeah, they still aren't a fan of me. Most of the time they don't talk to me, but oh well. He agreed to it after I went into a great explanation that it was necessary due to shit-tastic notes from their previous doctors. So I started with Zane and worked my way down.
It was awkward as I worked, since I knew there were questions he wanted to ask. However, he remained quiet and only answered what was necessary. After an hour, I dismissed him and had Killian come in next. He was quiet as always and took a little more time than Zane since he once suffered from seizures. The long process of doing check-ups began and surprisingly it was less stressful than trying to decipher notes and try to figure out complete thoughts.
It was the fourth day doing check-ups and I was walking to get Rory for his. I knew they were still in the dining area of the ship and as I got closer I heard their loud voices. It wasn't until I was only ten feet away that I realized they were having an argument. Well, more specifically Deklyn was arguing with Jasper about me being part of their until. Some sided with Deklyn, while others sided with Jasper and others still did not take a side. I debated whether or not entering but for some reason could not bring myself to go any further.
"We Can't Trust Her!" Jasper's voice yelled.
"Why not? What reason do you have not to? Last time we were on a mission with her, she helped us rescue Zane, Trina, and the researcher back." Deklyn countered.
"Do You really know her Deklyn?" Jasper growled. "We can't read her at all and she didn't even tell Zane they knew each other."
"How do you know she even knew that she knew Zane?" I heard him shift and he asked, "How long had it been since you last saw her?" It was quiet as Zane mumbled something. "See, maybe she didn't realize he was someone from her past."
"We've all seen Zane from when he first joined the army, he hasn't changed that much." The argument went on and after ten minutes of semi-listening I finally left, deciding that a stereotypical movie moment would not occur. So I quietly slipped of my shoes and with a sigh hurried off towards the infirmary.

~~3rd POV~~

Jasper was still yelling about how the pack couldn't trust Rai. Deklyn sighed and rolled his eyes, to him Rai may hold many secrets but he didn't think they were ones that would harm the pack. Everyone had secrets after all and they couldn't blame her for hiding some. He was also aware that Zane was pissed that she never told him that they once knew each other. However, from the expression on her face the last time he saw her, it was evident that whatever happened in her past was painful and she wasn't ready to talk about it. If they kept up this segregation between her and the pack, things would get ugly.
Then he heard it. A light breath of air from outside the dining hall. He turned his head towards the door and started over. "Where are you going, I'm not done." Jasper growled.
"Chill." He snapped back and looked out the door. The corridor was empty, but there was a new scent. He leaned out a little and a strong smell of something sweet and salty lingered two feet from the door. He stared down the hallway at the nonexistent figure that once stood outside the door. He turned back in and went to throw his trash away. "I have to go."
Jasper grabbed Deklyn's shoulder and snapped, "We aren't done here."
"Well, now we are. You don't need me to finish this argument up, you already know where I stand." He started to stalk out the door when Zane asked, "Where are you going?"
He looked up and gauged his Alpha's emotions; he seemed more curious than anything else. "To make sure Rai's okay." He looked back at the door, "I think she overheard part of our conversation."
The room froze and an awkwardness settled into the room. "Well if she's in a pissed off mood, it's her own fault. She shouldn't be eavesdropping." Jasper grumbled.
"I doubt she's pissed, if anything I'd say she's probably hurt." Deklyn replied as he walked out the door and to his friend.
He found her quietly singing along to a strange song that he hadn't heard before and typing away on her computer.
"No one can blame you,
For walking away.
Too much rejection,
No love injection.
Life can be easy,
It's not always swell.
Don't tell me truth hurts, little girl,
'Cause it hurts like hell.
But down in the underground,
You'll find someone true.
Down in the underground,
A land serene,
A crystal moon, ah, ah"
"You have a nice voice."
Rai turned, startled. "Shit Dek, you scared me." She paused the song to talk to her friend.
"I noticed." He chuckled and then looked at her seriously.
"What's up?" She cocked her head slightly to the left.
"Are you okay?"
"Why wouldn't I be?" She asked confused.
"Because." He shook his head and then said, "Never mind. What's up?"
"Finishing up Jasper's file. Do you mind getting Rory for me?"
"Yep, no problem. You sure you're okay?"
Rai rolled her eyes, "Go, don't worry about me." Then she smiled at him reassuringly.
"Alright, later."
As she waited, she finished the song Deklyn had interrupted her on.
"It's only forever,
Not long at all.
Lost and lonely,
That's underground..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Underground By David Bowie from the movie The Labyrinth.