Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

I Feel Like a Monster

It's hiding in the dark, it's teeth are razor sharp
There's no escape for me, it wants my soul, it wants my heart
No one can hear me scream, maybe it's just a dream
Maybe it's inside of me, stop this monster

I feel it deep within, it's just beneath the skin
I must confess that I feel like a monster
I hate what I've become, the nightmare's just begun
I must confess that I feel like a monster

I feel it deep within, it's just beneath the skin
I must confess that I feel like a monster
I've gotta lose control, he something radical
I must confess that I feel like a monster

I, I feel like a monster
I, I feel like a monster
I, I feel like a monster
I, I feel like a monster

"You listen to the weirdest songs." I turned to see Deklyn grinning as he enters the sanctuary of the infirmary.
I spin in my chair to face him and grin back, "Ah, but they are more unique than the crap that is coming out nowadays. All the beats are the same and so are the lyrics." I roll my eyes.
"Can't disagree with that. What were you listening to?"
"Monster by Skillet. It's a band from the 20th and 21st century."
"Oh so your ooold school music listener. Ancient stuff." He teased.
"Yes, yes I am. Got a problem with that?" I raised an eyebrow while I played with my lip ring.
"Nope, none from me."
"So what's up? Just visiting or are you on message duty?"
"Both. Krynos says we'll be at the planet soon, about two days away."
"Can't wait, I'm getting tired of being ship bound. Love Myrra and all, but I'll enjoy seeing land again."
"Don't I know it." He perched on my desk, while I turned back to my work.
"How are you liking the room?"
"Love it! It's really feeling like a Den and it's beginning to get a home feeling to it." His smile could have lit Myrra all on its own and I smiled back happy for him. "You're the best Rai, don't let anybody tell ya differently."
I laughed and replied, "I won't. How are the systems? I haven't used them in a while."
"They work great!" Suddenly his voice lowered and he looked down at me sheepishly. "Thanks Rai, having a place to call our own is just... I can't describe it, but it's really important. And letting us have your brother's systems and games to use is beyond nice of you. Ah, this is coming out crappy, but thanks."
I stood up and hugged him, "No problem. Everyone needs a place where they can be them and be able to fully relax. Jay tried to describe a Den to me once, but I didn't quite get it. However, the way he talked about it, I knew it was very important for a pack so it's the least I could do."
"But what about you?"
"Don't worry about me." I ruffled his hair. "This is my sanctuary and I'm quite content with it."
"If you say so. If you want, you can visit. I know Rory would like it if you hung out with us more, he's taken quite a liking to you."
"We'll see about visiting, I don't think a majority of the pack wants me in there. I went in the other day to retrieve a book and most of them glared at me... except Rory of course."
"Of course." He chuckled. "They can't hate you forever, Rai."
"I'm aware, but it is your pack's Den and I'm not pack darling." I looked up to see him looking at me strangely, "Don't give me that, I know my place. I am unit, but I will probably never be pack since I'm not a werewolf. And I am okay with that, so don't worry." I patted his knee.
He pursed his lips and replied, "Okay, but if you want company, just hollah."
"Will do." Deklyn helped me organize more things and fill jars with medical supplies. The following day, Rory helped me resupply my medical bag for when we were planet bound and I got ready for our mission.
The day the unit was going down to Trinity, I met everyone dressed in the standard military uniform instead of my always present medical one. Zane gave me a double take before shaking it off and addressing his unit. "In ten minutes we will be descending down onto Trinity and taking care of the riots that have broken out. We are here to restore peace, so try not to harm as few people as possible. Rory and Lyla, you two will be acting scouts as per usual and Deklyn, you will be acting as Rai's body guard. Make sure she is with you at all times and if the fighting gets too hot, get her out." I wanted to object, but knew it would fall on deaf ears. "The city we will be infiltrating is filled with a mix of humans and werewolves so watch out. They are mostly separated, but do not be surprised if there's a human in the wolf area and vise versa. The leaders of the rioters are in the central building." A 3D virtual model appeared in the middle of the pack and everyone looked to it. "They have taken hostages and our main job is to get in, arrest the leaders, and protect the hostages from further harm. Rai, it is your job to make sure the hostages are okay, while it is everyone else's job to take care of the leaders. Understood?"
"Yes, sir!" Everyone replied in unison and a salute.
"Then let's go." Zane turned and the pack howled as they followed him into the transporter shuttle. We strapped in and after a count off, we headed towards the desert planet of Trinity.
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.polyvore.com/my_unit/set?id=68968905&lid=2194785 -military uniform; she uses a pistol instead of a sniper.