Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

I Get to Feel You Up

Tonight was the last time the pack would have the ship to themselves on a full night for a little while. Starting next week, we would be playing host to W Unit 27 while we travel to Cors. I've been playing with the idea that I should probably see them in their wolf form at least once, but I didn't know how to approach the subject. I paced the infirmary debating to myself whether or not I should ask Zane if I could observe them, when he appeared at the door.
"You alright?" He asked with his eyebrow arched.
I stopped pacing and turned my head to him. "Kinda. What's up?"
"I wanted to inform you that in three days we will be landing on Krallin to pick up the pa- unit."
"Oh, thanks for telling me. How's everyone taking that?"
He sighed and entered to lean on the desk. "You know, they're getting anxious. W Units, especially ones from different planets, don't usually work together or at least travel together like this." He looked over to me and asked, "How are feeling about this?"
I leaned on the desk next to him and let my head fall back, "Hmm, I'm kind of interested in the prospect of getting to know another pack, but I'm nervous. I mean, I'm human, they'll either make snarky comments, ignore me, or be mean."
"They won't be mean."
"Part of my own unit doesn't like me, I won't expect them to like me."
"I doubt they'd be mean to you to your face." Zane tried.
"I'd rather have that than behind my back. At least I can confront them than make guesses. But don't worry about me, I'll be fine."
"I'll make sure of it. This IS my territory and you Are a part of my unit, if they think they can mistreat you then they have another thing coming." His eyes flashed, making me smile.
"Thanks Z. I wouldn't want to be on your bad side." I chuckled. "How are you feeling about your ship hosting guests?"
He shrugged, "Better than the other members, but weary. The other Alpha better be able to handle his or her members or I will put them in their place. I understand they'll try to test their limits, but if they act like newborns, they will grow up fast."
"Just don't be too mean to them." I ruffled his hair, then caught my action, "Ah, um sorry."
It was Zane's turn to chuckle and replied, "It's fine, Jayce use to do the same thing." We both took a solemn moment to think about Jay, but didn't dwell.
"Oh I have a question for you."
"Hmm?"
"Would it be okay if I come down tonight to watch you guys? I know humans don't usually, but I'd like to see what ya'll look like when you're wolves. Partly because I'm curious, but mostly because I would like to know what ya'll look like in case you guys have to shift for some reason and so I can make sure your wolves are in healthy condition. But if it would make any of them uncomfortable or I would be in danger, then go ahead and tell me no, I won't feel bad."
Zane was quiet as he thought about the proposal. "I suppose it would be okay, but under some conditions. 1. You stay by me because they would be really stupid to try and harm you while their Alpha is beside you, 2. Don't smell like food and 3. Come around 12 so the newer wolves have run around and wasted energy. Sound fair?"
"More than fair." I grinned, showing teeth. "I'll be at the door right at 12, okay?"
"I'll pick you up, most likely in my wolven form. If the pack surrounds you, try not to get scared. They are most likely just curious, okay?"
I nodded, "I'll try my best."
"Then I'll see you tonight. Anything else?"
"Nope, I don't think so. Later." Zane nodded and wandered off to do whatever he does during the day.
~~
Grabbing my satchel that held my stylus and tablet, I headed downstairs with only two minutes to spare before Zane was to pick me up. I greeted Krynos as I passed him. He wished me good luck and told me Myrra could feel the anxiety being emitted from the wolves. I assured him everything was fine and that it was the idea of sharing Myrra with another pack. They're a greedy pack. He laughed and shoo'd me off before I was late for my meeting with Zane. I laughed and wandered to the door where the mini forest thing was.
Just as I entered the area and stood in awe, I spotted a large black wolf approaching me. My mouth dropped at how large and majestic the creature was. I held out my palm to let him smell me. "Holy shit Zane, you are gorgeous." He made a light annoyed sound and I rolled my eyes, "Alright you are one ruggedly handsome wolf." He made a happy noise deep within his throat, or at least I think it was happy, and he rubbed up against me. His wolf came up to my hip which is quite a feat considering my leg length was roughly 34". I ran my fingers through his fur was be brushed up against me. "Do the others know I've come to crash the party?" He made an affirmative noise and then nudged me before starting to walk off. I chuckled, "Coming." I jogged up to meet him and then we walked side by side. Through the trees I could see the beautiful simulated moon of old Earth and for a second dreamed of what it would be like to actually see it in person.
Twenty minutes later, we arrived at the spot all the other wolves were at. I was once again amazed at how awesome and unique each wolf was; even the sisters were different. The moment we came near to them, all movement stopped and they looked at Zane and I. Two of the wolves made annoyed stomping movements, but nothing more. A fluffy black, brown, red, and white wolf leaned its head forward and inhaled my scent. Its golden orange eyes glowed for a second before another wolf, this one black, white, and light brown, nudged it with its nose and made an almost inaudible warning growl. Carefully the sister red wolves trotted over, soon followed by the others excluding one, and sniffed me.I remained calm and still as they smelled and scented me. They all basically came up to my mid thigh, making them quite a bit shorter than their Alpha. While they were doing their thing, Zane kept a close eye on his pack to make sure I was okay. All too soon the scenting was over and the wolves trotted off to play and run.
I sat down with my back to a nearby tree and pulled out my tablet. I turned my head to Zane and asked, "Mind if I look you over? You look to be the picture of perfect health and I would like to compare you to the others. Granted I'll have to do it from a distance, but at least I'll have something to compare them to." He trotted over and stood before me. I shifted my position so I was kneeling, "I'm going to tell you everything I will be doing, so if you don't like something, just growl and I'll stop. Please don't bite my face off." I teased which earned me a pointed glare. "Alright, eye test!" I stared into his Silvery blue eyes and flashed a light into them quickly. "You have different eyes than the others, is it because you're the Alpha?" His eyes glowed silver in response. "That was cool and I'm going to take that as a yes." I typed what I found out into my tablet and then looked up to Zane. "Teeth if you don't mind." I carefully parted his lips to show his brilliant white sharp teeth. I moved his head left to right so inspect all of the outside and then parted his mandible from his maxilla. "Wow your breath isn't as bad as I thought it would be." He barked out a laugh and I smiled as I finished up the mouth check-up. I let his jaw go and replied, "Perfect. Next your ears and you body. I get to feel you uuuup." I sang teasingly. He glared and pushed me over with his snout. "Hey!" I laughed and got up. "Ears, then body." I looked into his ears and found them to be fine and then I ran my hand over him, starting from his head then down to his tail. He growled lightly when I touched his tail, so I didn't touch it after the initial inspection. I ended with feeling his sides and stomach for anything out of the normal; I found nothing.
"Wha-la, you have a clean bill of health as a human and wolf. Congrats my Alpha friend." He shook his head in amusement as I finished up my notes and leaned back up against the tree.
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.freewebs.com/silverheartspack/515ae8f1d9db7bab.jpg -Zane
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs19/i/2007/261/3/f/Red_Wolf_by_SolStock.jpg -Killian
http://4packs.webs.com/grey_wolf1.jpg -Marco
http://twilightsun34.webs.com/Night%20Moon.jpg -Jasper
http://www.burkemuseum.org/wolves/large/male_and_female_red_wolves.jpg -Trina and Lyla
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb4r4kUZdq1rgjr6eo1_1280.jpg -Deklyn
http://static.desktopnexus.com/thumbnails/361494-bigthumbnail.jpg -Rory
Their wolf forms, Rai will be informed who's who in the next chapter. Aren't they beautiful!?