Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

W Unit 27

Zane, Deklyn, Lyla, and I landed on Krallin and headed straight to the W Unit post to pick up the unit would be working with. When we arrived at the post, Deklyn and I went to the infirmary so I could get the medical record of the unit. The place wasn't especially busy, so I walked up to one of the doctors who wasn't seeing a patient.
"Yes?" The doctor asked with a bored tone.
"I'm here to pick up W Unit 27's medical records."
"And you are?"
"Dr. Alear-Rain Night, their attending doctor as of right now."
"You finally arrived, I wondered when you'd get here." He rolled over to the poorly taken care of filing cabinet. He opened four drawers before finally finding the folder I needed. "Here." He tossed it to me.
I just managed to catch it before it threw up on the ground, "Thanks." I replied wryly. I turned to see a doctor trying to draw blood from a young female wolf.
The young woman cringed as the doctor kept sticking her with the needle; missing the vein each time. "Stop moving will yeah?" The doctor yelled in frustration.
"Maybe you shouldn't jab her fifty million times and actually try to get the vein." I snapped at her.
The doctor turned to see me and looked with disgust, "What the hell do you know newbie?"
"Apparently a lot more than you do, hálfviti. Now give before you kill her from blood loss or send her into shock."
"She's a Lycan."
"Yes, she is a werewolf, but that doesn't mean her body can't go into shock or loose too much blood. Ever see a wolf, as in the lupin, bleed out or go into shock? Not a pretty sight. Now be off, your presence bothers me." I shooed her with my hand. "Hold this Dek." I handed him the folder of papers.
"She's my patient!" The doctor stomped her foot.
"And a wonderful job you're doing with her." I replied sarcastically. "Now shove off, I'm busy." I brought my attention to the wolf in front of me. "Hey I'm Rai and I will be drawing your blood today." I smiled, ignoring the doctor yelling and making a scene. "I'm going to take it from your other arm because this arm is probably been traumatize enough." I looked for the rubber tie and found none. "Of course you don't have one." I muttered to myself as I pulled off my belt and put it on the wolf's arm. I waited a minute and saw a vein popping out. I cleaned the area with alcohol and looked up at the wolf. "Try to relax, I'm going to draw your blood in a moment." The wolf looked at me apprehensively and I tapped Deklyn with my foot. Immediately he began talking to her and asking her questions about her pack. This seemed to distract her as I slipped the needle into her vein and drew a vial of blood. Once I had enough I pulled the needle out and topped the vial.
I turned to the still bitching doctor and as I wrote the young woman's name and ID number on the vial, I said, "Here's the blood. Take better care of your patients." I flicked the vial at her and said farewell to the wolf. "Well, your blood's been drawn so I guess you can go. Leave before bitch Mcgee tries to draw more from you. Later." I waved, took back my belt, and turned to leave. Deklyn said goodbye and followed after me.
"That was nice of you and here's the file." He smiled at me.
I shrugged, "Thanks. That 'doctor' was being rude and a dick, how she got her license is beyond me. I hate doctors like her." I grumbled.
"Most are like her."
"I know, and I hate it."
"This way." He instructed and we turned down a hallway to see Zane, Lyla, and faces I didn't know.
"Here comes Dr. Aleara-Rain Night and Theta Deklyn Ward, the two I was talking about." Zane introduced as we walked up to the group.
The pack turned to face us and looked at us curiously. A tall woman with long wavy brown hair stepped from the group and gave a head nod, "Hello, I am Alpha Leanne Lapsyn of W Unit 27 and this," She made a sweeping motion to the ten wolves behind her. "Is my pack. It is a pleasure to meet you."
"Nice to meet you Alpha Lapsyn." Deklyn nodded back.
"Hello, please call me Rai." I nodded with a smile. After a few pleasantries and such, we headed back to the shuttle.
As we walked Zane noticed the whispers and looks being shot our way. "Rai, what did you do this time?" He sighed.
"Why do you think something is my doing?"
"Because it usually is." He replied pointedly.
I tried to come up with a come back, but found I had nothing, "That's not always true, maybe it's because we are leaving with W Unit 27." I defended weakly.
"Rai." He raised an eyebrow.
"Fine, it may have to do with the striptease I did in the infirmary when I took of my belt. Just kidding it most likely has to do with me calling a doctor a hálfviti and taking her patient."
"Then proceeded to ignore her and then in her presence call her bitch mcgee." Deklyn added.
"Who's side are you on!"
"Rai!" Zane groaned.
"What? She was being an awful doctor. She kept missing the vein in the wolf's arm and then told the young woman to stop moving even though she was clearly in pain. I had to step in before the wolf either went into shock or passed out from blood loss or worse snapped at the doctor and caused an uproar."
We were still talking about my behavior as we entered the shuttle. "That maybe, but one day you are going to go too far and get banned from a world or ten."
I crossed my arms and replied, "It's their own faults."
"You need to be nicer to them."
"They won't listen to me if I don't manhandle them! My first year as a doctor I tried that approach and got laughed at."
"Nonetheless, you need to be nice to the doctors we have to deal with."
"But they're dicks, actually no that's a lie. Penises are much more useful than these-"
I was cut off by Deklyn's hand covering my mouth and Zane growling, "Rai!" He slammed his palm into his forehead and said, "Rai, as your commanding Alpha you aren't aloud to talk for the rest of the ride to Myrra. No buts." I flailed my arms in protest but only got a look from Zane that flashed silver. I pouted into Deklyn's palm and sat back.
"Not going to talk?" Deklyn asked. I shook my head and he nodded. "Good." He removed his and I sulked by looking over the disaster that was W Unit 27's medical files.
"Does she always act like this?" Alpha Lapsyn asked.
"You have no idea." Zane chuckled lightly. "She's tough to deal with and outspoken, but she cares about us werewolves so you're in good hands, medically wise."
♠ ♠ ♠
Does anyone want the pack's picture up? I have them, but I don't know if you'd rather just use your imagination. Let me know. Cheers!