Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

He Needs You

"Rai, can I crash in here for a while?" Rory asked the next day.
I looked over at his form by the door; he looked exhausted. "Sure, the bed is open. Actually, it's always open."
"Thanks, if Zane asks tell him I'm not feeling well."
"Are you really not feeling well?" He shrugged as he flopped down on the bed. I walked over and sat on the edge of the bed. "You alright?"
He shrugged again, but then shimmied closer to me so he was cuddling into my leg. "I had nightmares last night." He whispered so quietly I almost missed it.
I stroked his hair soothingly, "Get some sleep, if Zane comes I'll tell him you're in no shape to train today."
"Thanks Rai." I shifted and his hand immediately caught my wrist. "Please don't leave."
I smiled down at him. "I won't until I know you're asleep, okay?" He nodded and scooted even closer to me. I sat with him, running my fingers through his hair until about twenty minutes later when I knew he as in a deep sleep. I slipped from my seat and walked over to my desk. I brought up his file on my tablet and looked over it again. Poor kid, well not kid he's technically older than me but whatever.
His whimpering snapped me out of my reading trance and I headed over to the bed. I started stroking his hair again and spoke softly to him. After some time, he finally calmed down and his breathing became even again. I watched him sleep until Zane came in, trying to find his Scout. "Rai, have you seen-"
"Shhhh." I put my finger to my lips and gently got up. I walked over to Zane and pulled him out into the hallway. "He had nightmares last night and didn't sleep. He's sleeping now, but maybe you should stay with him. Let his wolf know another is nearby."
He nodded and asked, "Why now? He hasn't had any in a while." I bit my lip, unsure if I should tell him about Rory. "What?"
I shifted and replied, "It's close to the time his parents were murdered. He was there when it all happened; he saw it happen." I bit my lip again and then looked straight up into his eyes. "He needs you Zane, go." He nodded and walked back into the room. I followed in after him, but instead of going to the bed, I went to my computer to do more work. Zane and I talked quietly and stopped whenever Rory moved, afraid we'd wake him.
Eventually, I decided it was time for a coffee and tea break and headed to the dining hall. "Rai, do you know where Zane is?" Lyla asked when I walked in.
"Yeah, he's in the infirmary." I replied as I poured a cup of coffee.
"Is he okay?" I didn't need super hearing to know Lyla and everyone else's heart rate escalated.
"Yeah, Rory's just not feeling well so Zane's looking after him at the moment. Making sure he's okay and all. Which by the way, he is." Next I poured myself some water and let the tea diffuse into the cup.
"You sure they're okay?"
"Doctor's honor." I grinned and turned, taking the drinks with me. I just stepped out the door when the wolf from yesterday bumped into me, spilling the drinks all over my clothes.
"Watch where yer going." She growled and stalked off.
"Shit, shit, shit, fuck, shit. Hot, hot, hot, hot, hot." I cried as I dropped the cups and stripped off my shirt.
"Gods Rai, are you okay?" Deklyn asked as he rushed over.
"Oi! Say you're sorry!" Lyla called after the female.
She was about the go after her when I said, "Don't worry about it, leave her be. I don't want an all out war over something stupid. I'll be right back, I'm gunna change. Can one of you make Zane his coffee and let him know I'll be back soon?"
"Yeah, I can do that." Lyla gritted out and almost ran back into the hall.
I jerked my head and got up to head to my room. Deklyn followed and when we were near my room I asked, "Is Lyla okay, she seemed awfully pissed."
"It was Jenna, she gave off a really nasty vibe. She really didn't like you."
"Weird, I don't even know her." Deklyn turned around as I changed my tank top, bra, pants, and underwear. "Man this sucks, now my shit is going to smell like coffee now."
"Don't you like coffee?"
"Not particularly." Once I changed, I walked up next to Deklyn and we began the walk to the infirmary.
"I can still smell it on you, the coffee."
"Glad I don't have your smell ability, I don't think I could stand it."
"You'd be surprised how fast you get use to it. However, on occasion it does get annoying. Try focusing on training when another wolf nearby, or human even, smell like sex. Grooooss!"
"Ew. Well, I'm splitting here, see you later."
"Later, tell Rory I hope he feels better."
"Will do." I smiled and walked the last few minutes to the infirmary. I entered to find Lyla whispering to Zane as he stayed on the bed Rory was still sleeping on. "Knock, knock?"
The two wolves looked up and Zane gave Lyla a dismissive nod before addressing me, "Hey Rai, heard you got coffee spilt on you. You alright?"
"Burned a bit, but otherwise okay. No second or third degree burns thank gods and goddesses. And thank you for liking a solar amount of creamer in your coffee." I smiled.
Zane chuckled and replied, "Glad I could be of some service." It was short lived as he looked at me hard, "Lyla said one of the other wolves did it."
"Most likely an accident."
"She also said she was giving off a threatening smell."
I shrugged at the accusation, "I can't confirm or deny that, I can't smell emotions."
"Touche. Be weary of her okay? I don't want you getting hurt."
"I'll be careful. How's Rory doing?"
"Fine, hasn't moved in a while."
I walked over to him and looked at his sleeping form. "I hope he has peaceful dreams."
"Me too."