Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

Considered Rude

Days passed with Myrra filling with tension; the full moon was approaching. Even though I didn't have werewolf super abilities, I was slowly choking on the anxiety of two wolf packs shifting at the same time. Although up until now no real problems have occurred between the two packs, excluding the whole Jenna thing, the two units were now hesitant around one another. It was a little nerve racking to be the only human on board and in the middle of the tension. Even Rory and Deklyn were filled with anxiety and every so often snapped at me. Of course they would immediately apologize and I always forgave them.
But even I could only take so much, so I would wander down to Krynos and talk with him. I would busy myself with improving Myrra's systems and making sure everything was running how it was suppose to. I checked on the woods to make sure the moon was working and that two wolf packs could run freely in here and if need be, have their own space if things got out of hand. It was during one of my hideouts, I mean inspections that Zane came to talk with me.
"Hey Rai." He greeted and startled me. I jumped and whacked my head on a pipe right above me head that I was working near. I crawled out from the whole and sat, rubbing my head. "Are you okay?" Zane asked as he bend down and touched where I'd hit.
"Yeah." I flinched a little when he touched the sensitive spot. "Just a bump. What's up?"
He was still inspecting the spot as he answered, "Wanted to talk to you about the full moon night." I gave a slow nod and waited. "I don't want you near us when the moon rises. We're already on high alert and I don't want you hurt."
"Fair enough, I wasn't planning on visiting on the full moon night anyway, even I can feel the tensions. You guys reek of it. However, I would like a description of Alpha Lapsyn's wolves because once again if you have to shift, I won't be much use the traqing gun since I'd be afraid of shooting one of them."
"I can talk to her about that. For now stay with either me or Deklyn."
"What about Rory?"
"He's still too new and with the added tension, I don't want to take any chances."
"Alright, I think I can survive the next few days attached to either Deklyn or Yooou." I smirked and received an eye roll and a shake of his head.
"Are you done down here? I have to get back to the pack."
"Yeah, mostly just tinkering to escape the non-oxygenated air that is the upstairs."
Zane chuckled, "Sorry about that."
"It's cool, wolf stuff. I get." Zane helped me up and we said farewell to Krynos. "So where art thou going?"
"Training room m'lady."
I burst into laughter, not thinking Zane would reply in an old dialect. "Will this lady be amongst thou gents and ladies training?"
"Nope m'lady, thou art sitting this session out."
"Damn."
"That wasn't very lady-like." He smirked down at me.
"And when sir, have I ever been lady-like?" I replied wryly.
He paused and thought, "Touche."
"Jerk." I muttered as I playfully punched his arm. Zane laughed, but froze and looked behind us. "Everything okay?"
He didn't answer for a minute, but then shook his head, "Yeah, let's get to the room." We continued on and a little while later entered the room.
"Rai!" Deklyn smiles and comes over to hug me. "You joining us today?"
"Nope, just here to watch. Make sure you don't pull a muscle or something."
"Really now?" He arched an eyebrow.
"And because Zane thinks it's too dangerous with the full moon being so close."
"That's actually a good idea. Smart thinking Alpha man." He grinned at the Zane.
"Yeah, yeah, go train."
"Aye, sir!" He saluted and went back to the exercise he was doing with Marcus.
I sat on the ground and watched the pack train. "Sorry you can't train with them." Zane said, looking down at me.
"Don't apologize, it's entertaining and fascinating to watch them train. Look how their muscles move! It's like eye candy. Look at that strain in the latissimus dorsi muscle."
"You're a strange one."
"It's better than me obsessing over porn."
"I don't know, the way your looking at my pack it might be considered porn."
"Naaah, they'd have to be naked and I've seen enough naked people in my lifetime to know that's not what gets me off."
"And how many naked people have you seen in your short 21 years?"
"Aaah, over 10. Not including walking in on people having sex or sleeping in the nude." Zane looked down at me with a mock horrified face. "Zane! You know what I mean. I'm a doctor and have had to do autopsies and check-ups." I growled in frustration.
"Everything alright in here?" Alpha Lapsyn asked as she entered the room.
"Zane's making me sound like a druslan." I complained.
She raised an eyebrow at the other Alpha who replied, "She walked into it. It would have been cruel not to call her out on it."
"Skít höfuð."
"I feel you should be nicer to your Alpha, Dr Rai." Alpha Lapsyn crossed her arms as she looked down at me disapprovingly.
"We have an understanding, I rag on him during down time and during missions I listen to whatever he says."
"Really, is that how are relationship works?"
"Yes sir, didn't you know?" I grinned.
"If you say so." He turned to Alpha Lapsyn and asked, "Did you need something Alpha Leanne?"
"Would it be okay if we use the space after you are done?"
"Sure, we'll be finishing up soon. I will let you know when we are out."
"Thank you Alpha Zane." She nodded and turned.
"She doesn't approve of how I talk to you." I commented aloud.
"Well, I am your 'Alpha' technically so you should be more formal."
"But not even your pack members address you as Alpha Zane and on occasion they rag on you too. Prime example was a little while ago with Deklyn calling you Alpha man."
"I'm very... loose in my pack. If you've noticed, Alpha Leanne's pack always addresses her as either Alpha or Alpha Lapsyn. In most packs, it's pretty strict on pack etiquette especially when strangers or other packs are around. So you being so informal with me can be viewed as rude and that you don't take me seriously."
"Oh." I was quiet as he rounded up his pack and dismissed them. We were walking to inform Alpha Lapsyn that the pack was finished when I looked over at him, "You know I take you seriously right?"
He looked down slightly startled, "Yeah."
"Good."
♠ ♠ ♠
The strange words are in Icelandic.