Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

Scientists are Sadists

I whistled as I looked over the infirmary. "Damn, we made it look like dinosaur ran through here."
"Rai, how are you so calm about this?" Deklyn gritted out.
"Deklyn, calm down or I will send you back to the Den." Killian warned calmly.
Deklyn whipped his head to his superior, "Killian, Rai was almost killed! How am I suppose to be calm about this?"
"Because it is not helping anyone by getting worked up. We need to help Rai, not freak out. Zane will take care of everything, you need to trust him."
"I do." He rumbled. He tried to calm down, but found it nearly impossible.
Killian sighed, "Marco... Can you come and get Deklyn from the infirmary?" Deklyn gaped at Killian. "Please bring him to the training room to work off some steam. Make sure he does not destroy anything. Thank you." Killian turned his attention to Deklyn. "You may return when you have your anger under control. Right now you are putting Rai in danger by not being able to control your emotions."
"Fine." Deklyn grumbled. He understood why Killian was doing this, but that didn't mean he was going to like it. A few minutes later, Marco arrived and took Deklyn away to relieve some pent up energy.
"Do you mind cleaning my face?" I asked as I got out the cleaning agents and bandages. Killian nodded and stood before me.
"She really scratched you." He observed while taking the alcohol from me and applying it on a cotton ball.
"Didn't expect her to suddenly snap like she did." I flinched when he carefully cleaned the four wounds on my cheek. "You'd think by now scientists would have found a disinfectant that doesn't burn when you use it."
"I think scientist are sadists and like to see other people hurt."
I chuckled, "I like your theory. It would make sense to our inability to find medicine that doesn't burn like thirteen mega suns. Ow." I whimpered a little as he finished up. "Now put on this ointment and use these strips." He nodded and spread the clear medicine over each wound. Once he finished, he used the strips to close the wounds the best he could. "I can take care of my arm if you don't mind sweeping up the glass."
"Yes ma'am." He turned away from me and found a broom in the closet to sweep with. As he worked on making the place less dangerous, I found more cotton balls, medicine, and bandages to wrap my arm with. I was wrapping my arm when Zane entered with Alpha Lapsyn.
"How are you doing Rai?" Zane asked.
I turned to face him and the other Alpha and replied, "In pain a bit and kinda tired, but besides that alright."
"Would you mind telling us what happened between you and Jenna?"
I leaned on the table and recounted what happened, "Well, Jenna came in and scared the sh-crap out of me. She was in a bad mood and started yelling at me. She snapped, scratched me, I think insulted me, threw me into the cabinet over there, and then attacked me. I kicked her, ran, she cornered me here, she jumped over the table, I went under, and ran out the door. I went downstairs hoping to find someone but didn't and continued down until I passed Krynos and then ran into the woods. That was terrible and at some point she shifted and I climbed a tree to stay out of her reach. Then you arrived and she ran off."
"What was the argument about?" Alpha Lapsyn asked.
"She didn't say?" Both Alpha's shook their head and I bit my lip. "I don't know..."
"The more information we have, the more help it'll be to the both of you."
I sighed, "Okay, well she has feelings for Rory and he turned her down. She's pissed cause she thinks I'm with him... actually according her I'm a druslan. You'd think by now that males and females could be friends without sleeping with each other." I shook my head at the nonsensicalness of humanity.
"So this was all over a boy?" Alpha Lapsyn asked dryly.
"I'd go more with mate."
"And how Do you feel about Scout Rory?" Her eyes boring wholes into me.
"Alpha Leanne." Zane warned, but I held up a hand.
"I like him, but no more than in a Phelia kind of way. He's like a little brother."
"Even though he's older than you?" Zane asked with a smirk.
"Technicalities."
"Back on track please." Alpha Lapsyn brought us back to order. "We will have to talk to Scout Rory to see if this conversation transpired or not."
"Agreed." Zane replied.
"How is Jenna? Something seemed... off with her." I asked.
"She's asleep right now." Alpha Lapsyn replied. I nodded and let them leave to investigate more.
I turned to Killian and asked, "How are things going?"
"Almost done, just need to sweep up this last bit."
"Thank you, I can clean up the rest on my own."
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah, I'll finish here and then I think I'm going to take a nap." Killian left soon after and I quickly made the infirmary look presentable. My arm and cheek were beginning to hurt so I took some painkillers and headed to my room. I changed into sweat pants and a cami and right as I climbed onto my bed, Rory flew in hugged me.
"I'm so sorry Rai, this is all my fault." He apologized into the junction of my neck and shoulder.
I hugged him and rubbed his back soothingly, "It's okay Rory, you wouldn't have known this would happen."
"Can I get in on this hugfest?" Deklyn asked as he slunked in.
"Why not." I replied and was enveloped by another set of arms. Deklyn nuzzled Rory and me, trying to calm Rory down and make me feel better. After we hugged for about ten minutes, the guys sat on my bed as I got under my covers.
Deklyn shifted in his seat and then asked, "How are you really doing Rai?"
I looked up and thought, "Well, it hasn't really hit me yet that I was attacked and chased by a wolf so I'm fine. I might freak out a little later, like after my nap."
"Haven't you been chased before?" Rory asked with his head tilted to the side a little.
"Kind of, but not like today. Usually I have a gun or something to protect me with, this time I didn't."
The two wolves nodded and I laid down to sleep. Deklyn stayed up to watch over me, while Rory eventually fell into a light sleep across the foot of my bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
This may be the last update for a little while, I have an A&P practical next week that i need to study for. Cheers!