Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

No Point in Pussyfooting Around

I sat quietly near Dr. Smith as he talked to Dr. Van Daam about how much this mission was going to suck. I rolled my eyes at how petty they were being, W Units are just has human as us with a few enhancements. Right at 7, a woman came to get us. "This way please." We followed her into a plain room and she turned to us. "You will be meeting your body guards momentarily, so please be patient." She bowed to us and walked out.
Dr. Smith and Van Daam looked around and muttered, "You think we'll be safe?"
"Really?" I shook my head. "They're soldiers like you and me, they won't attack unless they are instructed to which by the way they aren't."
"They're wolves." Dr. Smith glared.
"So? They have an Alpha, they are just as clear minded as you... me. With how paranoid you are, they're probably more clear minded than you."
Dr. Smith was about to protest when the door opposite us opened to reveal three men. The youngest W Unit member grinned at me and trotted over. "When I heard your name, I immediately volunteered to be your guard. How are you doing Rai?" His blue eyes danced with happiness.
I laughed, "I've been fine. You look well, Deklyn." I knew he could smell how happy I was to see him again and to know he was okay. "Pack treating you alright?"
"Yes, ma'am. So before we introduce you to the rest of the pack, I need to mark you. Okay?" He suddenly went serious.
I nodded, "That's fine." I stood in the anatomical position so it would be easier. He rubbed my wrists, brushed up against me, and ran a hand across my neck. Once satisfied that I smelt like him, he backed off. I looked over to the other two doctors and their guards. "The faster you let them mark you, the sooner it'll be over." The doctors glared at me. I shook my head at their childishness.
"You know your guard, we don't know them." Even I could smell their distrust and I had a normal person's sense of smell. I could see the annoyance the wolves were feeling.
"Will you feel better if they mark me first. They'll have to anyway right?" I looked to Deklyn who confirmed with a nod. "Pussies." I muttered as I stepped up to the taller of the two wolves. "Dr. Aleara-Rain Night, call me Rai, nice to meet you." I stuck out my hand in greeting.
The wolf looked at me distrustfully and finally accepted it. "I am Theta Jasper Birch." I nodded and stood so he could easily mark me. He kept his light brown eyes on me as he repeated what Deklyn had done, except to a lesser extent since Deklyn's scent needed to be stronger. He stepped away once he had finished.
"See, now stop being a wimp and get marked." I went to walk to the last wolf, but first turned to Dr. Smith. "And stop being mean, your dislike of them is replacing the oxygen in the room and is causing me to choke." Dr. Smith's cheeks burned red as I passed him and introduced my self to the final guard.
"Theta Marco Kay." I smiled at him as he marked me just as fast as Jasper had. I stepped away, nodded my head at him, and walked back to Deklyn.
"This is going to be a long two weeks." I commented.
"So it seems." I looked up at him and shrugged. "Ready?" The two pairs nodded and we headed into the next room where five other soldiers stood. As soon as we entered, the soldiers formed a small triangle and walked towards us. After glancing at the unit I would be working with, I looked behind to see the other two doctors walking slowly, trailing behind their guards. Marco and Jasper looked to their wards and shook their heads. With a sigh I walked up to the one leading the small band of wolves.
I didn't look into his eyes as I introduced myself and the losers behind me. "Hello, I am Dr. Aleara-Rain Night, please call me Rai, those two behind me," I jabbed my thumb backwards, "Are Dr. Carl Van Daam and Dr. Clyde Smith. It's a pleasure to meet you."
The man before me sized me up before talking, "Alpha Zane Aldwin." Something pulled at me upon hearing his name, but no memories swam to the surface. "We are W Unit 13 and will be protecting you on this mission. You have already met Thetas Jasper Birch, Marco Kay and Deklyn Ward." I nodded and he started pointing to other people behind him. "This is Beta Killian Murphy, Theta Trina Montgomery, Scout Lyla Montgomery, and Scout Cion McGregor." I nodded a recognition to them and listened further. "We will stay out of your way as much as possible while aboard the ship, but when on world your guards will be with you at all times and you must listen to everything we say. Understood?"
"Yes, sir." I replied loud and clear, but the two men behind me just nodded.
"Understood?" Zane asked louder.
"Yes." They yelped out and I rolled my eyes.
"As precaution I have to mark you, do you wish to do it now or later?"
I shrugged, "Let's get it over with before the other two pass out." I slouched and thought offhandedly, "Then again that may make it better for you." Deklyn chuckled and I realized I said it out loud.
"As you wish." I stood once again in the anatomical position, but this time with more of my neck exposed. Like the other Thetas, Zane watched me as he marked the necessary areas. I tensed for only a second when he grabbed my neck and ran his thumb over my skin. He leaned forward and inhaled, when satisfied with my smell, he moved on to the other two. They looked at him terrified and coward away from him.
"Stop being pansies and let him mark you. You saw everything he's going to do, so put on your big boy panties and act like adults." I crossed my arms in frustration at the way the two doctors were acting. They work with wolves on a daily basis, you'd think they'd be over this fear or at least behavior.
"You state things bluntly don't you?" Deklyn chuckled into my ear.
Not letting my eyes leave my coworkers, I replied, "Yep, no point in pussyfooting around. Plus, these guys should be able to act professional, they've both been doctors for like ten years now."
"True. Kinda sad that a person younger than them is showing them up." He whispered so they wouldn't hear.
I smirked, "You learn to grow up fast in this field." My years at the academy and leading up to today flashed through my mind.
Once Zane finished marking both doctors, he walked before us, "Follow me, we are going to meet the pilot of the ship we are taking and you will be receiving packets of information." We followed behind him into a medium size room where we met our pilot and his co-pilot. I received a rather large packet of information and assignments, apparently I was acting doctor and mechanic. I flipped through the packet to find that the medical record of the Unit was a mess.
"Fuck." I whispered in disbelief.
Deklyn ducked his head down to my ear and whispered, "What's wrong?"
"You've got to be kidding me, your records are a fucken mess." I flipped through them faster and faster as I saw different hand writings and half-assed notes.
"What do you expect, we're wolves." I growled almost inaudibly. "Rai."
My eyes lifted up from the papers to see the pack looking at me cautiously. "Sorry." I muttered before looking back down. This was going to be a long trip.
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=68699001 -Doctor uniform