Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

Drug Cocktails

Killian, Theta Corcoran, and I walked to the Den and patiently waited for the two Alphas to be done talking. Off to the side, Rory sat in a chair with his head in his hands. His eyes shot up and within seconds he was hugging me.
"I'm so sorry, this is all my fault. I'm sorry Rai!" He hid his face in the crook of my neck, holding on tight.
I patted him awkwardly, since my arms were crushed to my sides, and replied, "It's okay Rory, it's not your fault."
"Yes, it is. She attacked you because of me."
"Actually, not really."
"Huh?" His eyes were glossy with unshed tears.
"Jenna has a rather large tumor in the frontal lobe of her brain." All eyes whipped to me. "Her erratic behavior, fatigue, headaches, and the other symptoms are because of the tumor. Alpha Lapsyn," My eyes looked straight into her's. "It's in the late stages and without a surgery it could kill her. She doesn't have time to wait until we clear Cor, she needs it now."
"Are you sure it is as bad as you claim it to be?"
"Yes, my friends Dr. Mack-"
"You let someone else know about this before me?" He eyes flashed silver, but I didn't flinch.
"I haven't dealt with tumors in years and needed another doctors opinion before I was sure it was as bad as I thought. Dr. Waters is one of the best brain surgeons in the universes and he was the one who told me she doesn't have that much time." Alpha Lapsyn growled lowly. "The problem is, because she is a werewolf we are going to have to use a cocktail to perform the surgery. It could be dangerous, but we can't use regular means to numb her since she is a werewolf. I need to know what you want me to do, Alpha Lapsyn."
"So it is either: not do the surgery and sign her death certificate or let you operate and give her medicine that could kill her? Wonderful."
"Well, you have five hours to decide. Find me when you make a decision." I bowed and left the Den to head towards the infirmary again. Jenna was awake and a little confused to what was going on. I stayed with her for the next four hours where we waited for the final decision.
Alpha Lapsyn walk in and with one swift head jerk, dismissed Killian, Theta Corcoran, and I from the room. We walked to the dining hall to eat and wait for what I would be doing.
"So either of you able to handle bodily fluids?" I asked as I lounged in my seat to eat.
Both wolves looked at each other and replied, "Kind of. In what sense?"
"In the "I'm opening up the skull and operating on the brain" kind of sense." I replied easily. "I need a nurse figure to help me."
Theta Corcoran blanched as Killian replied, "I don't know anything medical."
"Hmm, know anyone in either unit who can be my nurse if the need arises?"
"Trina and Lyla are pretty good with that stuff." Rory replied as he entered the hall. "Their mother was a doctor."
"Really? I didn't know that."
"Yep. I can ask one of them for you if you do the surgery."
"I'd appreciate that. Thanks, Rory." I hugged him.
"Anytime, Rai."
Half an hour later, Alpha Lapsyn entered. "I want you to do the surgery."
I nodded and replied, "I'll start in about a half an hour. Rory, go ask Lydia or Trina to assist me. I'll be in the infirmary preparing for surgery."
As I was leaving, Alpha Lapsyn grabbed my arm, "Are you sure you can do this?"
"Yes."
"Fine, nothing better happen to her."
"I'll do beyond my best. Excuse me." I walked to the infirmary calling Krynos. "Krynos, I request in ten minutes for you to start sterilizing the air in the infirmary."
"Yes Miss Rai. May I inquire why?"
"I'm doing surgery."
"Oh dear. I will make the air as clean as I can."
"Thank you. Talk to you later."
"Best of luck." He went off line and I started cleaning and setting up. I shifted some panels to make a divider between one part of the office and the other. After sterilizing myself, I sterilized the surgery room for when I wheeled in Jenna. "Krynos, how is the air?"
"Almost 96% sterile."
"Thank you." After making sure everything was as it was suppose to be, Lyla had arrived and donned the surgery clothes.
"Scrubs." She held out my surgery clothes. First I put on the coat, she put my hair in a net, and then I washed my hands again, slipped on my gloves, and put the mask on.
Lyla wheeled Jenna in and I called Mack. "Hey Mack."
"Hello Rai. Ready?"
"Yes."
"Mind putting me on screen if you have one?"
"Sure. Myrra, call on screen please." A panel blipped on and Mack's face appeared. He first instructed me on how to make the cocktail so she would not feel me working on her. The surgery was long and grueling; all about endurance. I had to take the tumor out section by section until barely any of it was left.
"There's still some left Mack, what should I do?"
"Do you have anything tiny you can use to slowly burn it?"
I looked up at Lyla and she looked for anything we could use. "Here use this. Put it on the lowest setting possible."
"Okay." Carefully I placed the tip near the remains of the tumor and gently jerked my finger on the trigger so the small flame lit and went out within seconds. It took me five minutes to burn away all of it and I sighed in relief when the stressful part of the surgery was over. A Little while later, the entire surgery was done and by the time I wheeled her into the regular part of the infirmary, she was slowly healing.
Semi-out of it, Jenna slurred, "Thank you."
"Don't worry about it, I don't know if you'll have some side effects. Then again being a werewolf there might not be any side effects if I fucked up." I grinned down at her. She chuckled and then cuddled into the bed to sleep.
"You're incredible." Lyla commented.
"Why do you say that?"
"You did a risky surgery and didn't flinch once."
"I'm a doctor, it's what I do."
"I know, but not many would do what you do for us. Especially after being attacked by a wolf."
"I'm not most people."
"I've noticed." She chuckled.
"You stay with Jenna, I'm going to clean up and inform Alpha Lapsyn that she can visit her Theta." Lyla nodded and I headed back into the surgery room. "Hey Mack, thank you for everything."
"It was no trouble, I didn't really do anything."
I snorted, "If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have been able to do the surgery."
"Yes you would, you are a solar talented doctor Rai. Hell, if you decided to switch over to surgeon, I'd be the first to scoop you up." He winked at me.
I rolled my eyes and replied, "I doubt I'll wana go into that field. I'm quite content where I am, thank you."
"If you say so. I have to get to work, I will talk to you later, Rai."
"Okay, thank you for everything Mack."
"You're welcome. Bye."
"Bye." His image disappeared from the screen and I called Alpha Lapsyn. "If you wish to see your Theta, you may. Jenna is in the infirmary and so far recovery nicely." I knew the Alpha had arrived, when Lyla entered to help me clean up. "What time is it?"
"Around 2:45 in the morning, Old Earth time."
"Damn, no wonder I'm tired."
"You do realized, you were also in surgery for three hours right?"
"Really, hmmm. Didn't feel that long."
"Maybe to you." Lyla teased. I stuck out my tongue and then yawned.
"I'm going to check on Jenna and then head to bed. You're dismissed unless you need to finish something."
"No, I'm okay. Thank you and good night."
"No, thank you." I waved as she left and walked over to Jenna. "How is she?" I whispered.
"Okay for now." The Alpha replied. "She just fell back to sleep.
"Let her sleep, it was a long surgery that her body had to go through."
"Why isn't she healing as fast as normal?"
"The drugs I gave her not only numbed part of her for when I cut her open, but it suppressed her healing ability so I could work. Once the drugs are flushed from her system, she'll heal like normal."
"Can you guarantee that?"
"Not 100%. I've never used that type of cocktail before, but I trust Mack. Have faith in her, Alpha Lapsyn, she is stronger than you think. Do you need anything?"
"No."
"Then I am going to bed. If you need anything, just call me. Goodnight."
"Night." She didn't look at me as I left for my room.