Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

We Were Best Friends

"How are you feeling?" I asked Jenna when I entered her room.
She looked up from her book and replied, "Much better. I can't believe I was in surgery three days ago, wolf healing is amazing." She smiled.
I smiled and took out my stethoscope, "Your healing is a pretty solar thing. Breathe in please." She did and then out and I repeated the process four more times. "Hold still while I scan." She became like a statue while I scanned her brain.
"Hey Dr. Rai?" I hummed in response as I focused on her brain scan to make sure I didn't miss anything. "I'm... I'm sorry for attacking you."
I was silent for a fraction of a second before shutting down the scanner. I looked down at her and replied, "Don't worry about it, no harm done."
Jenna rolled her eyes and shot back, "Really? Then you magically have claw marks across your cheek and arm from an invisible wolf?"
"Oooo sarcasm, you must be better." I grinned. "And it's nothing. I live with two packs of wolves, if I don't have some kind of scarring what kind of doctor am I?"
"One who lives with well behaved wolves?"
"Touche, you guys really are solar to live with. I have nothing to do half the time." I whined.
"Except when one goes crazy because of a brain tumor."
"Exceptions to every rule."
"So how am I?" She asked apprehensively.
"Bad news is: you can't lounge around anymore. Good news is: you're basically all better and no signs of a regrowth. I suggest getting scanned twice a year, but besides that you're in picture perfect health. However, I want you to take it easy for the rest of the week to recuperate from having your healing abilities inhibited during the extensive surgery. Understood?"
"Yes ma'am!" She smiled and launched herself at me. "Thank you so much!"
I laughed and replied, "No problem. You can go tell Alpha Lapsyn the good news. I know she's secretly been freaking out since the surgery."
"I will, thanks again!" She flew out the door. I shook my head and packed the few things I had taken out. I meandered back to the infirmary to update Jenna's file. I attached her most recent brain scan to her medical record and then filed it away in the digital filing cabinet. While I was surfing through medical journals, my com beeped in my ear.
"Hello?" I asked somewhat distracted by a study on the newest drug synthesized.
"Heeeeey Rai." Chezza's voice greeted me.
My feet almost fell from their perch on my desk from surprise. "Chezza?"
"Of course silly, who else would call you while you were in the middle of nowhere?"
"Um no one I suppose. How's it going?" I smiled, happy to hear my friend's voice.
"Pretty good. I called because I solar miss you and I wanted to update you on things."
"Aaaah and how are things?" I shifted my feet so I swung back and forth in my chair.
"Excellent! We are almost done with the renovations here and have recently started on fixing up another post."
"Which one?"
"The one your wolf pack is stationed at. I thought you'd appreciate that." I could picture a smug smile on Chezza's face; clearly pleased with herself.
"Wonderful, it'll be a great surprise when we go home."
"Yes ma'am." She laughed. "Oh and guess what!?"
"What?"
"I told you to guess."
I sighed and replied, "Fine... um, you got promoted?"
"No sadly, but this has to do with our... work."
"Oh, hmmm... the government isn't suspicious of anything?"
"Well yes, that's true. You suck at this Rai Rai." I chuckled and waited for her to tell me her great news. "We got another company to donate money."
"No shit?" I got so excited, I pushed too hard and started spinning in my chair.
"Shit. It's a private sector and also wishes to me anonymous, but we have another benefactor."
"Hot damn, I can't believe it."
"Me either. Maybe there are more sympathizers than we thought."
"Gods and goddesses, that'd be awesome if there were." I put my foot down, finally dizzy from spinning. "How's the account looking?"
"Are you kidding me, you weren't lying when you said you had a shit ton of money. You sure you have extra money for living expenses and such?"
"Yes Chezza, don't worry." Just then someone entered the infirmary.
"Hey Rai, whatcha up to?" Deklyn's voice came from behind me.
I turned my head to see him, "Talking to my friend Chezza. What's up?"
"Nothing, just came to visit. Hi Chezza!" He shouted so she could hear him.
"Gods Dek!" I winced.
I heard Chezza laugh, "Hi Deklyn!"
"Chezza says hi." His face lit up with a grin.
"Oh put me on screen if you can. I wana meet this person you've talked about."
"Wanna meet Chezza?" I asked Deklyn who eagerly nodded. "Alright." I brought up my screen and connected it to my com. Within a second, Chezza's face popped up on the screen. "Chezza meet Deklyn, Dek meet Chezza."
"Hi!" He grinned and waved.
"Hi cutie!" She winked. Deklyn's eyes widened as his cheeks flushed.
"Chez." I groaned. "Aren't you madly in love with businessman?"
"I am." She pouted, "But that doesn't mean I can't comment on how cute this pup is." Deklyn's cheeks grew darker and Chezza laughed in delight, "You are so adorable. Why do you get all the cute ones?"
"I don't know what you are talking about." I replied and leaned back in my chair.
"Come on Rai. Every time you get a job or have to work in a group, you end up meeting all the cute guys."
"Oh yes, that's why I have dated sooo many."
"Rai." Chezza rolled her eyes, "The problem with you is, you never see them more than another person. Deklyn, you should have seen the guys flock to her at school and yet she didn't even bat an eye. It was so infuriating!"
Deklyn chuckled, "That sounds like the Rai I know."
"What's that suppose to mean?" I scowled.
"Come on Rai, so many guys hitted on you while we were on the last planet that I thought I was going to have to form a security unit just for you."
"Pfff, yeah right."
Deklyn looked at Chezza and shook his head, "They were all but confessing their love for her."
"Why didn't they? Rai tends to be thick when it comes to feelings like that."
"Hey!" My two friends chuckled.
"What's with all the laughing?" Rory asked as he entered.
"Deklyn and Chezza are teasing me!" I whined. Rory chuckled as he came up beside my chair.
"Really Rai!?!" Chezza threw her hands up in the air and huffed.
"What now?"
"Look at this guy, he's almost as adorable as Deklyn! How are you not fawning over one of them?"
"Aah, they're my friends? And unit members?"
"Seriously? Since when were you a 'don't date someone you work with' girl?"
"Probably since my last wonderful breakup?"
"That was like three years ago and he was a hóra. Move on darling. Don't you think she should date?"
Deklyn and Rory look at each other and replied, "Maybe?"
"Don't ask them and plus how am I going to date when I'm on ship and doing missions?"
"Fine I concede, but next time you're on planet I am setting you up on a date. Double dating with me and that's final."
"Fine, whatever." I sighed.
"I'm holding you to it! You two as my witnesses, Rai agreed to letting me set her up on a date." The two wolves chuckled and nodded.
"Traitors." I muttered as I crossed my arms over my chest.
"Don't say that." Deklyn hugged me.
"We love you." Rory grinned and completed the sandwich.
"Awww that's adorable." Chezza squealed.
"Rai, we'll be... What's going on?" Zane asked as he walked in to me being squished in a hug.
"Rai's talking to her friend Chezza." Deklyn replied.
"Do I want to know why you are hugging her to death?" He asked with a raised dark brow.
"Ooo, another new person. Come hither newbie, I wish to see the face to the attractive voice." Zane looked at me and I shrugged. He took a step forward and Chezza whistled. "This really isn't fair. Who are you?"
"Zane meet Chezza, Chezza meet my ALPHA Zane Aldwin."
"Nice to meet you." He nodded in her direction.
"Wait, You're Zane?" Chezza's eyes grew wide.
"Yes?"
"Jay use to talk about you all the time. I finally get to meet you!"
"You knew Jay?"
"Of course. I grew up with him and Rai, we were best friends. If you want any dirt on this one here," She jabbed her thumb at me, "Just let me know."
"Chez." I glared.
"What?" She replied innocently.
Scowling I turned to Zane. "Did you need something?"
He looked down and replied, "I wanted to let you know we will be near the planet in three days. Be ready to move out." I nodded and then turned my attention back on Chezza.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay Chezza's back!