Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

Eyes of a Wolf

'Well, this is awkward...' I thought as I was pushed blindly into some room. I stumbled forward and fell hard on my right shoulder as I tried to roll. I managed to not crack my head open as I completed said roll and came to a stop in a sitting position.
"Stay there." The gruff voice of one of my captures growled and I heard his footsteps disappeared. I rotated my head from side to side to see if I could catch any noise within the room.
I sighed and asked, "Anyone there?"
There was silence for a moment before a masculine voice answered, "Yes."
"Mind helping me get my hands untied?"
"I'm just as stuck as you."
"Can you at least see?"
"No."
"Alright, keep talking to me." So he did. I got myself on my knees and shuffled over to him. I sat down so we were back to back and felt for his hands. "So how'd you end up here?" I slowly started to free his hands from their bindings.
"I was kidnapped off the street. I wasn't even part of this stupid revolt. I was just walking down the street to go shopping for my family and suddenly everything went black, my hands were bind, and I was dragged away. I don't even know how long I've been here. I bet my family is worried about me, maybe even think I'm dead." I could hear despair in his voice.
"Hey don't think that way, I'll get us out of here."
He scoffed, "Yeah, how?"
"I know people who will come for me and I know how to survive. I'm a survivor." I grinned and finished with the last knot. "There, untie me please." I heard shifting of material and then his hands working on the ropes around my wrists.
"Oh yeah and who are these 'people' who will come and save you? We are forgotten in this revolution young one. No one is ever seen again when they are captured by these monsters."
"My unit and how are they monsters?"
"They're lycans." He growled.
I sighed, "So? Humans can be just as cruel, I don't think they're monsters. Well, not monsters because of what they are."
"So you're one of them."
"Thanks." I replied as I rolled my wrists. "I am, I believe in equality, what we are doing is just like what they did to people who had darker skin during the slavery era. Now," I stood up and took off the bag on my head. "Help me try to find a weakness in this place."
He was quiet a moment before begrudgingly agreeing to help. We walked the small room and examined it carefully, trying to find any weak points in it. "So how'd you end up in here?"
"Well..."

~Flashback~
"SHIT! There's so many of them. How the Hell did the organization get to be so big?" Deklyn yelled over the gunfire that was rain down on us.
"It's not impossible." One of Alpha Lapsyn's Theta's replied back. "If an organization wants something bad enough, they'll be very hush hush."
"Awesome. We need to move." Deklyn told the six of us in the group. "If we stay, they'll kill or capture us."
"Is that a good idea?" Lyla asked.
"What else are we going to do?" Another wolf from Lapsyn's pack questioned.
"I don't know." She bit her lip unsure, something felt wrong.
"Lyla and I will go ahead, listen for the signal." Rory said and nodded to his partner. She nodded back and they quickly left to find us an escape route. While they were gone, we fired back and tried our best not to get ourselves killed.
"Whoever said this was a revolt fucken lied, this is a war zone!" I yelled as I popped up, fired a few rounds of bullets (not laced with anything too hazardous) and dropped back down.
"You're telling me." Deklyn grumbled. The entire unit froze as they heard an inaudible sound. "Rai, with me." He took my hand and pushed me in front of him as Marco lead the way. We quietly moved to where Rory and Lyla were and then continued to find better ground. We weaved through the city that looked like Hell and was crumbling to the ground due to this fight. I felt bad for the people who lived here, but I quickly pushed that aside as I tried to stay alert. At some point, Deklyn and I ended up at the end of the line we had formed.
Suddenly we were surrounded by the enemy and chaos ensued. I stayed as close to Deklyn as was possible, but with so much happening, we ended up being separated. I managed to stay away from the enemy for a while, but my luck didn't last long and from behind I was bagged and dragged away. I struggled, but found it to be useless so I ended up surrendering.
They took my pack and gun from me before pushing me forward. "Hands on the wall and feet shoulder width apart." I slowly stretched out my hand until it hit something hard, but holey. I leaned on it and spread my legs. I received a thorough pat down and then was told to strip.
"Am I at least going to be able to wear something?" Clothing hit me and I quickly changed; still blind.
"Stay still." I let them bind my hands and then I was dragged once again to someplace unknown.

~Present~
"Well... I got separated from my group and then got bagged. Wasn't that exciting." I shrugged. Suddenly we heard a commotion coming from the other side of the door and we ran to see what was happen. The door was metal with a small barred window so we were able to see what was going on. A man was being dragged down the hall with a huge gut wound that was bleeding quite profusely. He cried out in pain and the two other men carrying him had to stop just shy of our door.
"Hope he bleeds out." The prisoner with me grumbled and walked away while I strained to see what was happening. One of the men taking care of the wounded one growled and flashed gold eyes at our door.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
"Nothing." Gold eye man barked.
"Clearly." I replied sarcastically. "Let me out and I'll help him." Gold eyes looked at me like I was stupid and went back to applying pressure to the gut wound. I rolled my eyes, "I'm a doctor and if you don't let me look at him, he's going to bleed out. Do you want your friend to die?" Gold eyes winced and looked to his partner. They had an inaudible conversation and then gold eyes stood up.
"I'll let you out, but if you run I'm killing you."
"Deal, let me out." The door opened just enough for me to slip through. I immediately went down and looked at the wound.
"Get my medical bag that you confiscated. It has a red cross and an afocal moon on it." Gold eyes bolted down the hall while I addressed the other man with me. "You, nonwounded one, what's your name?"
"Steven." A deep voice introduced.
"Hi Steven, I'm Rai. Now tell me what happened, why isn't he healing?"
"We were attacked and Kyle was cut with a sword. From the smell of his would it was coated with wolfsbane."
"Of course it was. Gold Eyes Where's My Bag?" I called. "Keep pressure."
"Here." Gold eyes handed me my bag.
"Thanks." I muttered as I sifted through my bag. Once I found what I needed I addressed my patient. "Hey Kyle." I smiled calmly down at him. "I'm gunna fix you up. What I'm going to do is gunna hurt like fucking Hell, but I promise in the long run it is going to help. Okay?" He whimpered and cringed as he lost blood and the wolfsbane spread through his system. I opened a container and dipped my hand in the creme. "Hold him down please, he's going to flail." Gold eyes and Steve held down their friend as I loaded the edges of his wound. Kyle cried out and almost threw his friends off of him, however they somehow managed to keep him from hurting someone. His skin hissed as the creme did its job. I started counting to 120.
"What the fuck is that doing?" Gold eyes asked with his eyes flashing again.
"It's a neutralizing agent. It stops the spread of the wolfsbane however, the reaction is a reactive one. Basically the wolfsbane is being burned away from his body, but only in this immediate area so I am going to have to give him something else to purge the rest from his system." I started going through my bag again and produced two rags and a purple bottle. Once I counted out two minutes in my head, I slowly wiped away the last remaining creme. "Steve, please go through my bag and find a small white bottle with a tan cap." I doused the second rag with the purple liquid and cleaned the area; the skin already beginning to heal.
"Here." Steve handed me the bottle.
"Thank you, now get me the needle and thread." He nodded and began to look. "You're doing awesome Kyle, just stay with me okay. Gold eyes, talk to him so he stays awake."
"My names Sid." He mumbled and then began talking.
"Thank you." I took the needle and thread from Steve and began the stitching process. Hopefully by the end of this little ordeal the wound would be mostly healed with little complications. Once finished, I went through my bag again and found adrenaline. "Sid I need you to shift Kyle onto his side and hold him. Kyle?" He looked tiredly at me and I smiled again. "I'm going to give you a shot of adrenaline. This is going to cause you to most likely convulse or have a seizure because the wolfsbane is going to start to spread faster. I'm doing this because I need your healing ability to heal your stomach wound before I can purge the wolfsbane okay? Try to let it happen, I will help you and make you better. Understand?"
"How can I trust you?" He asked with a small voice.
"Because if you were one of my men, I'd want a doctor to help them. Ready?" He gave a small nod and closed his eyes.
"3, 2-" I jabbed his side with the needle and he hissed in pain. Within seconds the wound started to heal faster, but with that came the convulsions. They started small, but quickly escalated.
"Rai!" Steve bit out as he dove for Kyle's legs.
"I have this." Kyle's breathing became labored as the allergen coursed through his body. I kept my eye on the wound until a certain point, then I injected him with a thick yellow medicine that I personally prayed I'd never have to take. "Come on, come one, come on." I watched him and bit my lip as the seconds slipped by. His seizure began to slow until it was minor convulsions. "Sid, move so you're behind his head."
"Why?" He asked as he moved.
"Because now Kyle, you are going to vomit." Within seconds of me telling him, he shifted a little a vomited up purple and black.
"Shit!" Sid cried in disgust. "What is that?"
"The wolfsbane mixed with stomach contents." I grimaced. I stroked Kyle's hair as he threw up all of the remaining wolfsbane in his system. Once it was out of his system, he leaned back so he rested against Steve, Sid, and I.
"You okay?" Sid asked softly with concern.
Kyle slowly nodded his head, "Yeah."
"Steve, mind getting him water and maybe something small to eat?" Steve nodded and left to fetch the things. "Feeling better?" I grinned while giving him a small check-up.
"Yeah actually." He smiled tiredly. Sid took his hand and stroked it while I checked his eyes, ears, temperature, and stomach.
"Shit." I mumbled as my contact slipped and fell somewhere. "Bag please." I requested and Sid pushed it over to me. "Thanks." I took out my other contact and replaced them with my glasses. "Contacts suck." I grumbled and went back to examining him.
It was quiet, until Kyle hesitantly asked, "Why did you help me? I mean, I'm your enemy and kidnapped you."
My eyes raised from looking at his stomach and he took a sharp intake of air. "I'm a doctor, I shouldn't be biased to whom I'm dealing. Okay there's a better chance I'll help you because you're a werewolf, but overall if someone's hurt, I'm going to help them. It's my job... And I can't hate you for what you are doing. Granted, I think what you are doing is wrong, but I can see you believe you are doing the right thing. I can't fault you for that."
"You're an interesting one." Kyle kept staring at me.
I cocked my head and asked, "What?"
"Your eyes... You have eyes of a wolf."
♠ ♠ ♠
I tried writing a chapter yesterday, but didn't know how to proceed. Then last night I thought about starting this chapter kinda like this and am now very happy with it. I hope you like it. Cheers!