Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

See How Your Hair Fairs

The trip to Trinity was long and relatively low key. I was able to observe the unit as wolves twice before we landed on the planet and it was awesome. Zane tended to stay nearby me, watching over his pack as they ran around, played, fought, and well acted like wolves. Every so often he would join in if they we romping around or having some kind of tournament thing, but then my night with them would end with Rory, Lyla, and Deklyn resting on Zane and I. Around 3am, I would gently wake the sleeping wolves and I would head back to my room to sleep. Overall, during the 5 months I have been with the unit, I had gotten to know and become friends with most of them. Trina still wasn't fond of me, but could tolerate my presence without making a snarky remark, while Jasper... well Jasper was Jasper and still apparently hated me.
We received a video message reporting that the trouble on Trinity had been taken care of so we were allowed two days of shore leave before being assigned another mission. The pack cheered at the freedom they were allowed, while I was just happy to see something other than Myrra. Love her and all, but fresh air will be glorious. There was one catch to us being on leave, our first night on the planet we have to attend a formal dinner. All the important government people were going to be there and we had to tell them how everything went. It was going to be one stressful night, but what can you do?
Three days after the second full moon, we were within orbit of Trinity. Zane contacted the local station informing them that we were here and asking permission to land our shuttle. We were given the go ahead and the unit eagerly loading into the shuttle. Once we landed, we checked in and decided what to do from there. We all agreed to split up, do as we please, and meet up around 5:30 to get ready for the 7 o'clock party. Rory, Lyla, and Deklyn wanted me to go with them, but I declined, wanting to restock Myrra and just brows around on my own. So as they were wandering around the city and probably meeting up with old friends from other W Units, I ordered food and ingredients to bake with. When the order was all taken care of, I traveled up with the unloading crew to show them around our ship, mainly to the kitchen and storage unit. I quickly changed out of my medical uniform, swapping that for baggy pants, a tank (since it was warm on the planet), a vest, gloves, and sunglasses.
I rode back with the crew and said farewell and thank you to them before parting ways and wandering the city. I found many interesting venders and grinned at some of the wares that were unique; I cataloged them for later when I'd go shopping. It was nearing noon on the planet when something out of the corner of my eye caught my attention. I pulled off my sunglasses as my mouth dropped open. The woman started walking away and I quickly followed her. She stopped at a crosswalk and was about to cross the street when I called to her.
"Katalina!" I huffed and stopped about 100 feet from her. She turned and stared at me confused. "Katalina, is-" I cleared my throat, "Is that you?" My mouth hanging opening in disbelief.
"Do I know you?" She seemed utterly confused.
"It's-it's Aleara... I mean-"
"Ally-Rai?" Her mouth dropped open as she stumbled back a bit.
I suddenly got shy and uncomfortable, "Hi Kay."
She opened and closed her mouth a few times before composing herself and carefully walking over. "Is it really you?" I bit my lip and nodded. "What are you doing here?"
I looked down, mixed feelings running through me. I was extremely happy to see her, she is my big sister after all. However, abandonment ran deep and it still hurt thinking back on how she just up and left me almost a decade ago. "I just got in..." I was having a hard time thinking of what to say to her.
"Is mom and dad here?" Her voice became hard.
I shook my head, "No, I don't exactly associate with them anymore." I replied wryly.
She cocked her head, "What do you mean?" I looked up at her and finally saw her; she was so different now. No longer did she look like a hóra wearing belt thick skirts, almost bra covering shirts, and grotesque amount of makeup. She was now a beautiful young woman with blonde hair a little past her shoulders, dress pants that made her legs look like they went on for an eternity, a shirt that wasn't showing skin, and a light sweater. She was a proper lady of society now. "What?" She asked confused by my silence.
"You've changed so much since I saw you last." I muttered; I'd missed a lot.
She was quiet before commenting, "I am not the only one." She reached out and first touched my hair before slowly moving down to stroke my cheek. "I barely recognize you Ally-Rai. What happened?"
"Life." I bit out, not looking up. "But to be honest, I'm doing a lot better than I was."
She smiled kindly down at me. "Why don't you come with me and we can catch up. Only if you want to of course." She seemed unsure.
"I'd like that." I smiled up. "But, we are talking about you first, mines a long crappy story."
Kay chuckled, "Alright. What do you want to know?"
We started crossing the street and heading towards the middle of the city. "Everything after you left." I felt like a little kid again, eagerly waiting for her to update me on all the gossip of her upper school.
"Well, to be honest I was in a pretty bad place when I left. I did some... bad things. I slept around, basically I was a prostitute for about a year. I was out in the could, bone thin and pretty bruised because some of my... clients were not very nice to me, when a young man found me. He took me in and took care of me; gave me a place to stay. He helped me go back to school and earn a degree in business administration and computer technology." Throughout the story, her lips slow formed into a huge loving smile.
"What happened to that man?"
She blushed as she stopped in front of a building. "Three years after meeting him, he asked me to marry him." She slowly showed me her left hand that had two gorgeous gold bands on it with one holding up a sparkling diamond.
I grabbed her hand to look at it. "Shit Kay, this is beautiful. To sparkly for me, but hot damn." I whistles my approval.
She laughed, "Glad you approve."
"Now why are we outside this building?"
"Because," She bit her lip, "We have to pick up my two children. Kally is 3 and Jameson is 2." She started in the building with me slowly trailing behind her.
"I'm an aunt?" I asked slowly, testing the words in my mouth.
"Yes." We rode up the elevator in silence as I digested everything.
"Why didn't you tell me?" I finally asked quietly once we got out and headed towards the daycare center.
Kay played with her ring as she replied, "I told Jay, but when he never answered I thought you guys had cut off all ties with me." She looked at me sadly and asked, "Is Jay still mad?"
I looked down and replied, "No... We'll get to him when I tell you what's been happening in my life."
"Okay." She replied hesitantly and opened the door.
"Meeses Slora, how has yo day bean?" A plump middle aged woman greeted us with a huge smile.
"Kaallee and James have bean so good."
"I'm happy to hear that. Janine, this is my sister Selena, Ally this is Janine our daycare woman." She introduced us to one another.
"Eet is a pleshure to meeet yo Saleena." She hugged me and turned to get the kids.
"She seems nice." I commented, a little startled.
"Yes, she is."
"Momma!" Kally cried as she stumbled over to Kay.
"Hello darling, how are you?" Kay crouched down and hugged her. Being a mother was working for her.
"Gud." She smiled and looked up at me. "Who you?"
I crouched down and smiled, "I'm Ally. It's nice to meet you."
"Kally, this is your aunt." Kay explained.
"Hieee." Kally smiled and held out her arms for me to hug her. Unsure, I leaned over and hugged her. She latched on to me so I was now her main support system.
Kay chuckled and stood so Janine could hand her Jameson. "You are stuck with her now, if you don't mind."
"Naw, it's cool." I stood up and Kally squealed with delight. The four of us walked to their house and Kally told us all about her day. Once we arrived at their home, Kally was told to play, while Jameson was put in a bouncy chair while Kay and I sat at the table to talk.
"So, what have you been up to since I have been gone?" She sounded guilty.
"You sure you want to know?" I smirked as my finger lazily went around the rim of my tea cup. She nodded, so I began, "Well, mom and dad were pis-mad after you left and Jay joined the army. They tried to crack down on me, but they were soon too caught up in their work to even care. I kept going to school and at 16 became a mechanic and at 17 became a doctor... a werewolf doctor." I looked up to see her nodding. "Again mom and dad were mad and divorced me from the family so Jay adopted me. I changed my name, I'm no longer Selena." She looked at me questioningly and I answered, "I'm now Dr. Aleara-Rain Night. Anyway, I lived with Jay for a little while... then he disappeared..." I looked down into my tea as I slowly continued, trying not to cry, "I thought he abandoned me, but come to find out he hadn't... he-he," I took a deep breath and finished, "He died Kay. After that I threw myself into my work and gained the wonderful reputation as a bit-witch and a wolf lover. Everyone hates to work with me and I'm really down to like a handful of friends. Any who, they couldn't get rid of me cause I'm the only one willing to actually work with freshly turned wolves and I'm one of the best doctors they got. So they kept me and I made many... I wouldn't say enemies, but they don't like me. However, recently as in the last six months, the government decided to try out a new program where a W Unit gets a permanent doctor on their team, and guess who's the trial run doctor."
"No way. You aren't." Her mouth was wide open.
"I am. My unit and I just landed today and that's why I'm here. We went to two other planets before here because of revolts and stuff and this was the last planet on out list, but apparently we're only here to go to some party or something."
"You mean the Founder's Party with all the high government officers and important people?"
"Yep that's the one."
She grinned and replied, "I'm going to that too."
"You are?"
"Yes, Calum is a government officer on this planet. Part of the Security Department." Her eyes sparkled with happiness, "We can go together."
"What about your husband?"
"I'm meeting him there because he is going from work to the party. Do you have a dress?"
"No. I don't think I even own one."
Kay rolled her eyes, "And you are suppose to be my sister. You can borrow one of mine."
I made a face, but then smiled, "Thanks sis." I'd missed out on this experience when I was younger, might as well have it now.
"No problem, Ally-Rai. But we have to do something with your hair, your roots are showing." She looked at my hair disapprovingly.
"You try living on a Phoenix for six months and see how your hair fairs." I pouted.
Kay laughed whole heartily and took my hand, "Come, let us fix your hair."
♠ ♠ ♠
So I started this Friday and wasn't able to finish until now... Sorry bout that I was at Genericon XD

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=74199064 -outfit
http://ringsview.com/wp-content/uploads/latest-gold-and-diamond-engagement-ring-women-fashion-505a5f5897c92.jpg -ring