Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

I Deserve to Know

I woke up feeling better and got annoyed when the unit acted cautious around me. Seriously I wasn't going to flip or anything, I just needed to sleep after everything that happened yesterday. I ended up walked around the city with Deklyn, Rory, and Lyla, apparently we were going to leave tomorrow. It was kind of odd walking around with them dressed in civilian clothing instead of their uniforms, but I liked it. If you didn't talk to them or knew them before hand, you would think they were regular people hanging out. Around lunch time, we decided to eat at this small little restaurant which turned out to be quite a delicious place. While we waited for our food, our conversation turned towards the party.
"How did the end of the party go?" I asked, sipping my drink.
"Okay, it was rather boring like most parties of this caliber are. However, I did enjoy dancing." Lyla smiled happily as she looked over at Rory. He busily tore apart his napkin as his cheeks changed color ever so slightly. "Stop blushing, you're an excellent dancer."
"He is?" I asked and Lyla nodded. "Next time you'll have to show me."
His blush deepened as he mumbled, "Okay."
"You only danced once right?" Lyla asked.
I laughed in embarrassment, "Yeah. I planned on dancing more, but never got around to it."
"Next time you'll have to dance with me too." Deklyn smiled. "I danced with Lyla and a few of the other wolves in the two other packs, but you look like you've been dancing since before you could walk."
"Probably have been." I chuckled. "Jay loved dancing so he taught me. I'm pretty sure he's the reason Zane knows how to."
"I was surprised when he agreed to dance with you. I have never seen him dance in the years I have been part of his pack and we've been dragged to a few parties." Lyla commented.
"Wait, do we have to attend more of these types of shingdigs?" I blanched.
"Not a ton, but we usual attend at least one a year. Why?"
I groaned, "I hate them."
"I don't understand why. You seem to fit almost right in."
"I grew up having to attend them, that doesn't mean I like them. They're boring and you have to dress up." I twisted my face in disgust. Before anyone could say anything, a waitress brought us our food and placed it in front of us.
Once we were alone again, Rory said, "I think we should attend just to see you dress up. Rai you were beautiful last night." Lyla and Deklyn both nodded their heads vigorously in agreement. "When you first entered I didn't recognize you. Hell, our entire unit didn't recognize you until Zane said something. I never knew you had that many tattoos. Do they all mean something?"
I moved some of my food around as I thought. "Um the design on my upper left arm is the old Irish Claddagh. The three parts are what make up a perfect relationship: the hands stand for friendship, the crown for loyalty, and the heart for love. The tribal paw is for Jay, he picked that one out and the afocal moon under it is just the moon phase I like most. The Chinese lace flowers are Sakura flowers and stand for life's fleeting presence so you shouldn't take it for granted. I actually have another in the middle of my back of a feather breaking apart into birds which is to keep me grounded."
"What about the large bird across your shoulders?" Deklyn asked.
"That is a Phoenix. They symbolize new beginnings and rebirth. I got it soon after Jay adopted me and I started out as a doctor."
"That one was interesting to watch as you danced around; it looked like it was flying."
"Really?" I laughed, I'd never really thought about it. "How did everyone take me showing off my ink?"
"I think a little surprised. Then again that could have been because you were dancing with a wolf."
"Oops." I grinned.
"You like causing scenes don't you?" Lyla grinned.
I smirked back and replied, "Nope, I just like being me. By the way, I think you were all quite gorgeous and handsome last night."
"Thanks." Deklyn smiled.
"Um thanks." Rory nodded, embarrassed again.
Lyla beamed as she said, "Why thank you. I was just happy to look like a girl for once. I mean, just because I'm in the army doesn't mean I don't like to dress in cute clothes."
"I think you always look cute." Rory mumbled to himself.
Of course Lyla heard and gave him a hug, "Awe thanks Rory." She kissed his cheek which instantly burned red. I grinned at how cute the two of them were.
"Everyone ready to go?" Deklyn asked, possibly oblivious to the flirting that was happening across from him.
"Sure." We all agreed and left what we owed. We wandered around until it was beginning to darken; Lyla and I holding a bag or two. Just as we drew near the entrance of where we were stationed, someone called my name.
"Ally-Rai!" I turned to see Kay walking over to me.
"I'll catch up with you." Lyla, Rory, and Deklyn nodded and headed inside.
"Sorry it is so late, I just got out of work." She smiled.
"It's okay, I just got back." We began to walk a little.
"Here are your clothes." She handed me a bag. "They are all washed."
"Thanks." I looked at her guiltily. "I have your dress, I just haven't washed it yet."
She waved her hand, "Do not worry about it, you can have it. I have had it for years and have only worn it once."
"You sure?" I didn't want to be a charity case.
"Please! It will give me an excuse to go dress shopping." She winked with a smirk. I chuckled and bowed my head in thanks. "So you are leaving tomorrow?"
"Yeah. We have a meeting at 8 am Earth time and then leaving right after."
"I wish you were staying longer, we could have talked more."
"Yeah..." I was sad I didn't get to see Kay that much, but hopefully we'd be able to talk more. "I can call you right?"
She looked at me stunned, "Of course! Please do, I would not be the only one sad if you did not. Kally keeps asking when she will see you again." Kay chuckled and I joined in. We walked in silence for a little while until Kay hesitantly asked, "Hey Ally? What happened to Jay?"
I looked over at her from the corner of my eye, "He died."
She made a frustrated noise before saying, "I know that, but you are holding back something." She stopped in front of me. "You know what happened to him don't you?"
I stared at her for a moment before nodding, "I do."
"What happened to him?"
"I can't..."
"He was my brother too Ally! I think I deserve to know." I could see the hurt and sadness in her eyes.
I sighed, "I know Kay, but... I can't talk about it." She opened her mouth but I held up a finger. "Even if the government didn't make me swear never to talk of it. Never made a deal that as long as I keep up my side, they'll keep up theirs, I wouldn't be able to tell you. I'm sorry Kay, but I can't talk about it." I dropped my head. "It hurts too much to talk about. I'm finally able to talk about Jay without wanting to fall apart... If I tell you, I don't know what would happen. Please just leave it at he died."
I didn't look up, but I knew Kay was looking at me long and hard. Finally I heard her let out a breath and she whispered, "Fine, I will not push you. I have to get going Ally, I will talk to you soon okay?"
I looked up to see her smiling. I saw something else but let it go, not knowing what it was. "Of course. Bye Kay." I pulled her into a hug and held her tight.
"Stay safe my sister." She whispered into my ear.
"Of course. Remember I have a W Unit to keep me safe." I smirked and she shook her head while laughing. A minute later, I walked into the post and headed straight to the barracks where my unit was.
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=74729337 -Lyla and Rory
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=74729428 -Deklyn