Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

Wolf Lover

The pilot gave us a tour of the ship, showed us our rooms, and then left us to our own accord. He informed us that we would be leaving within the hour. The doctors and I headed towards the infirmary, while the pack wandered off somewhere else. As soon as we entered, we did inventory of what we had and made up a chart of when we would be working. I was going to have less hours as an on call doctor due to having to double as the mechanic, but I told them that I would have my communicator on during all waking hours. I had a feeling if one of the pack members got sick they were going to call me, not that I really cared.
Right after assigning hours, the pilot went over the intercom and told us to strap in. It took us three minutes to break through the atmosphere and another minutes before we were able to walk around again. I ditched my medical packet in my locker and headed to the belly of the ship to look it over. Once in the engine room, I hooked up my tablet to the ships computer and became familiar with the inner workings of the ship. I introduced myself to the other mechanic and we hashed out a schedule for the next two weeks. When all was said and done, I said farewell to my co-worker and headed back to the infirmary so I could make a dent in the paper work I was going to convert to media files, like they should be.
When I wasn't working on keeping the ship in tip top shape or working out, I was slowly working my way through the pile of medical records for the pack. By the middle of the first week I was ready to bash my head in because of the mess that were the records. After finally finishing with my second person's records (Deklyn's), I leaned back in my chair and groaned. "You alright?"
I removed my hands from my eyes and looked over at my visitor, "My head hurts."
"What are you doing?" Deklyn walked over and looked at my work.
"I'm converting everyone's medical records to the computer so it's easier to access and read, but as I stated before it's a mess. There are contradictions and half finished notes and some words I can't even read. It's maddening! Your file was the easiest since you're so new and even You took three hours to finally enter into the system."
"Poor Rai." He looked at me with sympathy and patted my head. He leaned on my desk and asked, "Is there anything I can do for you?"
"Make all this computerized?"
He laughed, "I wish I could, but alas I'm not that magical."
"Damn." I grinned. "How about getting me a cup of coffee?"
"That I can do. I'll be back." He trotted away and I went back to business. I could feel Dr. Smith's scowl on me as he worked ten feet away.
"You shouldn't let them hang out in here." He commented.
"Why not?" I asked, not looking up from Kellin's file.
"Because they shouldn't be here unless they have something wrong with them."
"Oh cause we're sooo busy? You let the co-pilot hang out in here whenever she wants too."
"That's different." He huffed.
"Sure it is." The conversation died as I typed away on my tablet. Ten minutes later Deklyn returned with my coffee. "Welcome back."
"Thanks, here's your drink."
He handed it to me and I took a drink. "Mmmm, so good. Deklyn do you mind sending Kellin to me? I have a question for him."
"Sure." He replied cautiously.
"Thanks." He left to get the reluctant Beta. A few minutes later Kellin entered guarded.
"Deklyn said you wanted me."
"Yes." I turned to him and smiled calmly. "Minor questions about your medical records." Kellin's eyes flashed to Dr. Smith's and then back to me. "Dr. Smith go take a break, I can manage the fort while you're gone." Without being asked twice he disappeared out the door, leaving the two of us alone. "It says that you had seizures before you were bitten, but doesn't say anything afterwards. Do you still suffer from them?"
"No ma'am, not since I've been turned." He stood at ease, but I could see how tense he was.
"Okay." I typed on my tablet and asked, "Besides the usual, do you have any allergies that you know of?"
"Penicillin, nothing else." I nodded and wrote that down. "May I ask what you are doing ma'am?" He sounded anxious.
I looked up and smiled gently, "I'm converting everyone's records to the computer, they're a mess right now and I can't stand it. This way if I or anyone needs to treat one of you, the doctor can easily access your file and help you correctly. And please, call me Rai."
"Okay. Anything else?"
I looked over the the computerized records and the paper ones and replied, "Not at the moment, you may leave. Sorry to take some of your time."
"It's okay ma'- Rai. Bye." He nodded and quickly left. They hate being in our presence as much as most people hate being in theirs. I sighed and got back to work.
Two days later I was sitting at breakfast, reviewing my progress so far. As the dining hall filled with other life forms, I was left alone as usual. The doctors, mechanic, pilot, and co-pilot sat on my far right, as the pack members congregated to my left; both sides leaving a space between me and them. I scooped the last spoonful of oatmeal in my mouth when Deklyn came up beside me with his tray of food.
"Why aren't you sitting with them?" Pointing with his head towards the non-pack members.
Without looking up I replied, "They didn't sit with me, and I'm not exactly miss popular." I finally looked up as I gathered my things. "They don't like me." I got up and shifted my things in my arms.
"Why not?" He cocked his head in confusion.
I smirked, "Cause I'm a wolf lover. Come by if you have time, I'll be in the infirmary all day. Later." I walked away feeling eyes on my retreating back; some hostile, some confused.
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=68699155 -Mechanic Uniform