Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

More than Anyone

~3rd Person POV~
"How is it going?" A musical voice asked the man working at his computer.
He turned his head slightly to watch his wife walk over to him. "Still trying to crack the last wall."
"You have been working on this for over a year and a half, is her security and firewalls really that hard?"
"Yes." The man replied, tired of this argument. "Her walls are complex and seriously don't make any logical sense. I'm pretty sure she either walked around some city and picked numbers and letters randomly or asked people for a number or letter."
"That would be my sister." The woman groaned.
"Also, every time I get through a wall I get a little 'Congratulatory' video or music that takes at least three minutes to finish before I can access the next wall. Her security has to be customary because I have never seen anything like it."
With a sigh, the man's wife replied, "Who knew Ally-Rai was this tech savvy?"

~Rai's POV~
"So am I ever going to meet this perfect husband of yours?" I asked as Chezza and I walked through the streets. We stopped in front of one store so Chezza could decide whether or not to drag me into it.
"Hmm, let's go in." She pulled me in and started browsing through baby clothes. "You can meet him tonight if you are staying the night. We are having dinner out, so you can come with me."
"You sure? Wouldn't it be solar awkward for me to drop in on a date?" I asked picking up a onesie.
She snorted, "No, if I told him You were coming, he'd be fine with it. He's dying to meet you."
"Why?" I asked a little startled.
"Because you're my best friend and you are the only friend he Hasn't met." Chezza glances at me with her big blues eyes and pouted, "Please join us."
"Chez!" I whined, "I will, okay?"
"YES!" She smiled and threw her arms around me.
"You'd think I'd be immune to puppy dog eyes by now..." I sighed before hugging her back.
"You can never be immune to mine my dear friend. Maybe I should teach them the art of caving Rai's defenses." She grinned evilly.
"Please don't, you don't know how many times I have to tell Dek no. If you taught him whatever art that is," I motioned at Chezza, "The lab would probably no longer exist."
"Likes to mix chemicals?"
"You have no idea. I'm pretty sure if he hadn't joined a W Unit, he would have been a scientist."
"I can see that." She smiled. "He'd look sexy in a lab coat and uniform."
"Please stop. Aren't you married?" I gave her a pointed look.
"Doesn't mean I can't find other men attractive. I can fantasize all I want, but at the end of the day there is only one man I want in my bed." She winked.
"Gross Chez, seriously gross."
"Just because you don't have a sex life doesn't mean I can't." She defended.
"Technically soon you won't either and I don't care if you have one, I don't need to know about it."
"But what are best female friends for but to share their sexual experiences with."
"I don't want to be your friend anymore." I turned towards the door.
"Rai!" Chezza laughed and looped her arm through mine. "Don't be mean."
"Be mean, you're the one telling me you're having sex. Which by the way, I am well aware of." I replied looking straight at her stomach.
"For a doctor, you sure are touchy on the subject of sex." She huffed.
"Sex and all that it entails I can handle, I can't handle picturing you and mystery perfect guy having it. Would you really want to picture me doing it with a guy."
"I don't know, we don't talk about it."
"Whatever." I shook my head and we left the store.
"It still puzzles me how you haven't had sex in a while. I mean look at what you are wearing, I'd even want to do you while you're wearing that! It's so not fair."
"What are you talking about? You have a beautiful body." I paused a moment and thought about what she said further. "Why do you want to have sex with me?" I looked down at my outfit. Granted it was quite form fitting, but it didn't really reveal anything and it would be a terrible outfit to try and derobe from.
Chezza rolled her eyes, "Are you shitting me Rai, you are showing off that sexy body of yours. Have you not noticed how many males and females have been staring at you all day?" I looked at her confused. "For one so perceptive as you, you can be incredibly blind when it comes to yourself."
"Come on Chezza, I doubt that many people are looking at me like that. I'm not even wearing 'the latest fashion," people probably are thinking 'look at that freak' or something."
She looked at me in astonishment, "Sometimes you amaze me at how dumb you are."
She continued on and left me in one stop before I ran after her, "What's that suppose to mean!?"
"Nothing, never mind. Aren't you suppose to meet up with your unit or something?"
I checked my watch and groaned, "Shit, yeah. Let's go."
"Where are we meeting them?""
"Umm, it's called Gryfjunni."
"Isn't that a wolf only place?"
"I don't know, but I'm part of a W Unit so they'll have to deal with me going in. I have a unit to see."
"Will I be okay in there? You probably at least smell like a wolf, I on the other probably don't as much."
"Don't fret, you're with me. Dek and Rory will shut up anyone who will have a problem with you. They really want to meet you."
"They are adorable."
"That they are." We talked all the way to the place we were meeting the unit at. We arrived at Gryfjunni with no problems, only receiving stares but nothing more. I opened the door to the tavern and held it open as a young man of about twenty exited with two mid-twenty aged males walking behind him, one looking particularly ill. I was tempted to say something, but the first man was a doctor so I didn't want to trend in hazardous waters at the moment. I ushered Chezza to go first and as I turned to enter after her, I heard someone exclaim behind me. I turned to see the ill looking man had fallen into his friend's arms.
"Chez." I called and headed back out towards the man. "What's wrong?" I asked as I came up next to the fair haired friend.
He looked at me as he lowered his friend to the ground, the friend unable to hold his own weight up. "I don't know, I think he's having an allergic reaction to something." I looked down at the ill man to see him gasping for breath, coughing, swelling around his neck and face, and hives blotching his skin.
"Excuse me Miss, what are you doing?" The human of the group asked in an irritated voice.
"Checking out what's wrong with this man obviously." I replied as took off my bag and found my stethoscope. "Sir can you hear or speak to me?"
"His name is Matt and I'm Ed." The fair haired man informed.
"Thanks Ed. Matt speak to me, what are you experiencing?"
"Miss-"
"Quiet." I glared up at the young doctor. "Matt."
"I-I-I Can't... n't bre-" Matt stopped taking as his eyes rolled back and he started shaking.
"Shit. Ed I need you to hold him on his side and make sure he doesn't flail too much."
"What's wrong with him?" Ed asked as he moved into position.
"He's about to have a seizure. Chezza!"
"Yes?" She asked standing beside me. "Go find a gurney and a way of transportation, he needs to get to the hospital ASAP."
"On it."
She dashed off as I searched my bag." Fuck, where is it?" I muttered. "You, useless one, tell me what has happened in the last hour."
"I don't know-"
"Tell me before I have two very nice wolves restrain you. TALK!" I found some EPI and went to prep Matt's arm.
The doctor growled and replied, "Theta Matt was complaining of a headache so I gave him something for it. They called me when he still wasn't feeling well so I came over and gave him some more since his metabolism probably ate up the medicine before it had a chance to take effect. I wanted to watch him at the post so we were heading there."
Just after I finished sterilizing Matt's arm, Chezza came up beside me with five other shadows beside her. "The post is sending over an ambulance now, it should be here in about 5."
"Thank you." I measured out a syringe full of EPI, got out the air bubble, and turned back to Matt. "Ed I need you to try and hold him as still as possible without hurting him." Ed nodded and tightened his hold. "Matt if you can hear me I'm going to give you EPI, it'll help with the seizure and reduce the swelling." I slid the needle into his arm and slowly but efficiently injected him with adrenaline. "Useless one-"
"The names Dr. Peter Carlton." He snapped.
"Whatever, what was the medicine you gave him?" I watched as Matt's trembling became less severe.
"A standard painkiller."
My eyes snapped to Peter, "Tell me or I will fucking take your license away!"
Peter took a deep scared breath in and replied, "It was Dexatrin."
My mouth dropped open, "Are you fucking kidding me!"
"What's wrong with that? It's a basic painkiller." He defended.
My eyes narrowed, "List the ingredients of Dexatrin."
"What? I don't remember everything in it." He replied exasperated.
"Then name the fucking five active ingredients in it."
"Rai." Chezza tried to sooth me, but I wasn't having it.
"No, if he's stupid enough to give a W Unit member Dexatrin he has to learn why he never should." I hissed back, "Now list." He stumbled through them and when he said the last ingredient I said, "Repeat the last one for me.
"Aconitum variegatum."
"Excellent, now what is the common name of it?"
"How the fuck should I know?" He cried.
"Wolfsbane. The common fucking name is wolfsbane and what is the number one allergy that all werewolves are severely allergic to?"
Peter paled as he mumbled, "Wolfsbane."
I shook my head as I listened to Matt's heart stay steady, but I knew it wouldn't last long. "What the hell is a W Unit's post doing with a stock of Dexatin?"
"Humans do work there dear." Chezza replied.
"Still there are other painkillers humans can take that aren't laced with wolfsbane." The ambulance arrived and the EMTs quickly went to work to place Matt on the gurney. I looked at Peter and said, "You better pray Matt survives."
"Who cares? He's just a wolf, he's expandable." Peter yelled at me.

~Chezza's POV~
I could see Rai go from being pretty angry to solar pissed. I could see all the wolves around us (many had gathered) react, not to what Dr. Carlton's but to Rai's heightened emotions. "I Fucking Care You Fáviti!"
"And who the Fuck are you? You aren't that much older than me, I probably have seniority over you!"
Rai gave a sarcastic laugh, "I highly doubt that Mr. I don't even know wolfsbane is in Dexatrin. I've been a doctor for almost 10 years, how long have you been one? Not so big now, huh? Get your ass in the ambulance now, We are going to make sure he is okay and if he doesn't survive, you will have to grovel at Ed and their Unit's feet for your stupidity. Now Move!" Dr. Carlton didn't move until Rai pushed him towards the ambulance. I felt someone come up next to me as I watched the car that held my friend disappear from sight.
"I've seen Rai pissed, but that was even a new level for her." I looked to my right to see Deklyn.
"Yeah, I haven't seen her that pissed in a very long time." The crowd started to disperse until it was only Deklyn, Rory, a red headed female, and me. I looked back at the empty space where Rai once was. "She wasn't always this gun-ho you know." The three wolves looked at me curiously. "She'd always been friendly towards wolves, even had a few friends which made her parent angry." I chuckled at the memory for a second. "But she was never this vocal about how they were treated. Sometimes she's stand up to bullies, but nothing extraordinary... It wasn't until after Jay died that she changed so much. Gone was the girl that I had grown up with, in her stead was a destroyed girl.
"The first time I had ever seen her so angry was the night she came to my apartment and went bat-shit crazy. You've seen pictures of her before she became a doctor correct?" The three wolves nodded. "She still physically looked like that but when she came to me she was distraught and broken. He eyes were... so dull like she'd seen something, something no person should ever see and she completely shut down. I sat her on my couch and went to get her tea... when I came back she was breathing heavily, not in the way someone does when they're about to have an attack of some sort, but like when you are trying to keep your emotions in check. Next thing I know she's screaming at the top of her lungs and things start flying." I chuckle, "She completely destroyed most of my apartment in twenty minutes. Surprisingly she left my pictures alone, but everything else...
"She calmed down a little while later in a heap on the floor, curled in on herself among the ruins of my living room. It was the last time I saw her cry. I don't mean like shed a tear, but I mean tears pouring down your face and snot oozing out of your nose cry. I don't even know how long she cried for, but when she finally stopped I helped her into the bath. I tried to ask what happened, but all she told me and ever told me was 'Jay died,' nothing more. When I woke the next day, she's cut her hair short and died her it. Her physical appearance was the first to change, after that everything else followed. She specialized in Werewolf medicine but after Jay, she became obsessed with protecting them. Whatever happened that day so long ago changed her a lot, and is her biggest guarded secret that she carries with her." I looked down at my hands, "And to be honest, the secret scares me. If it could change her so much, it must be a terrible one."
The wolves were quiet for a little while, processing what I had just told them. Deklyn was the first to speak up, "She seems to be healing though. Is she?" He looked to me.
I paused a moment to think it over. "I do think she is. She a lot more open with her emotions now than she was back then." Deklyn nodded. "I should head over to the hospital to make sure Rai doesn't kill Dr. Carlton"
"Should we come?" Rory asked.
I shook my head, "It'll be fine, I can prevent her from doing something stupid. I hope we meet again soon." I smiled and shook the wolves' hands. "Please take care of her, she may not act like it but she needs people to care for her more than anyone." I waved and walked to the street to hail a taxi.
♠ ♠ ♠
Missed the alternative pov? Good cos I made this chapter have three POV's! So did you miss Rai's angry, I-care-very-much-for-wolves side?
gryfjunni- the den
http://www.polyvore.com/my_unit/set?id=68969056 -outfit