Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

Shh Don't Tell Them

I stood next to Matt's bedside as he slowly drifted off to sleep. "Thanks." He slurred befored closing his eyes and passing into the sleep world.
I smiled gently before casting my eyes back on Dr. Carlton. "So what do you have to say?" I asked with crossed arms.
He scowled, still unhappy with the way I had been treating him thus far. "I have nothing to say."
I raised a brow, "Really? Because from where I stand you almost killed someone. I'm pretty sure That is still considered malpractice, doctor."
Dr. Carlton's face turned beat red. "It was an easy mistake to make."
"Doesn't matter, as a doctor when you royaly fuck up, you should still apologize. Now ask for forgiveness."
"You cannot make me." He bit.
"And you aren't five years old. Ask or I will get your boss in on this and from what I understand he actually likes this job and the patients. Now ask." I was no longer yelling at this point, I was actually eerily calm.
Too intimidated to argue anymore, and fearing for his job, he turned to Ed. In a tight voice he said, "I am sorry for what happened to your friend. Please forgive me."
Ed looked at the doctor in front of him for a minute and then at me. I shrugged, letting him know it was his call. "Apology not accepted." Dr. Carlton's jaw dropped. "However, I personally won't report you this time. DON'T let it happen again. Now leave, I don't want you near Matt."
Dr. Carlton started stuttering in disbelief, so I turned him towards the door, "Bye Dr. Carlton, don't be stupid anymore." Once gone, I turned to Ed. "Very nice." I complimented. Most wolves would have said they forgave a human and let it drop, Ed has guts.
"I'm not going to say it's okay when it's not. He almost killed my best friend and that apology wasn't sincere, therefore there is no way in Hell I was going to let him get away with it." I could see how irritated he was.
"I can request for a different doctor to take care of Matt if you wish."
"Thanks." He looked at Matt before turning to me again. "Why'd you help us?"
I shrugged, "It's my duty as a doctor to help those in need, especially werewolves. Plus, I care very much for wolves and wouldn't want someone I know to not get the best help if they were in any medical situation."
Ed smiled, "Can you be the doctor who looks after Matt? I trust you'll make him better in no time."
"I wish." I smiled, "But I have my own pack I have to make sure doesn't get mortally sick or wounded."
"You have a pack you look after?" he cocked his head.
I nodded, "Yep. I'm the permanent doctor to Unit 13, you've probably seen them around the past day or so."
"Alpha Zane's pack?" He asked surprised.
"Yes, that one." I laughed.
He whistled, "Who would have though I'd meet their doctor. Your unit's famous among wolf packs."
It was my turn to be surprised, "Really?"
He nodded his head like a child, "Yeah, first unit to ever get a perm doc. It's historical for us wolf packs, cornerstone for change. Because of the success of you and the Aldwin Pack, two other packs have gotten perm docs."
"I knew that one other had but I didn't know there were three of us." I nodded my approval.
"The third doctor was just placed like two months ago I think."
"I hope they're doctors that actually like wolves."
"Seems so. There haven't been any word of doctors and packs not getting along."
I smiled, "I'm glad." After a second of silence, there came a knock at the door. We both turned to see my friend.
Chezza smiled as she entered. "Hi." She walked up to Ed and held out her hand, "I'm Dr. Chezza LaFay, I'm a friend of Rai."
Ed took a moment but quickly took her hand, "Theta Ed ma'am."
Chezza chuckled, "Please call me Chezza." Ed nodded and only relaxed a little. Chezza turned to me, "I hate to tear you away from a patient, but it is almost time to go to the restaurant."
"Oh yeah, totally forgot. Okay." I turned to Ed. "I have to go, but I'll make sure Matt gets proper treatment."
"Thank you Rai. It was solar meeting you." He gave me a great big smile as we shook hands.
"Nice meeting you too. I hope we meet again." I waved and followed after Chezza. After sorting out a new doctor for Matt, Chezza and I headed to the restaurant.
"So, you didn't kill the doctor did you? Should I be worried that I may have to come pick you up from jail?"
I scowled, "Just because I'm passionate about my work does not make me a killer."
"Please Rai, if the young man had died, the doctor's entrails would be all over the place."
"No they wouldn't." I snorted. "I'd have killed him and hid him in such a fashion that no one would find him."
She looked at me, "I believe it. I don't know why anyone gets on your bad side Rai, you are too scary."
I grinned, "Because they're stupid.
Chezza rolled her eyes, "Rai, one of these days you are going to get in trouble for your behavior."
"I do all the time. The difference is, I'm too good of a doctor to get rid of and I am one of the few doctors who is willing to work with wolves. I'm more valuable than a liability. At the moment I am an annoyance, not a threat."
She looked at me hard and hesitantly asked, "Have you ever been a threat?"
I looked at her and replied, "Perhaps once."
"Rai-"
Chezza didn't get to finish as a tall man began to walk over to us and called, "Chezza." He gave a happy toothy smile as loving grey eyes fell on his wife.
Chezza turned and her face softened, "Andy." She gave him a quick but sincere kiss before introducing me. "Andy this is Rai, my best friend in all the galaxies."
His eyes turned to me surprised and then lit up with excitement, "I have heard so much about you Rai, I am excited to finally meet you." He stuck out his hand and I easily took it. "I am Andrew LaFay, Chezza's husband. Please call em Andy."
"I've heard so much about you; she gushes about you any chance she gets." I smirked and his cheeks colored red. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you Andy."
He gave me a warm smile and swept his hand towards the door, "Ready to eat ladies?"
Chezza and I smiled at each other and together replied, "Yes." We walked in and were seated immediately. We talked almost nonstop through most of the meal, only being silent when all of us were chewing.
Filling his glass with red wine, Andy smiled, "Chezza tells me you are here on leave."
I took a sip of my drink and replied, "Only for a little while. Tomorrow my unit and I are going to be debriefed on our next mission."
"What unit are you with?"
"W Unit 13."
His eyebrows lifted in surprise, "So you are with a W Unit. Chezza told me you were, but I am still surprised."
I chuckled, "Yeah, there's apparently only three units that have a permanent doctors, mine being one of them."
"She's actually the one who made it a trend." Chezza smirked.
Andy leaned back, "I'm impressed. It takes a lot of work to make something progress especially when dealing with wolves."
"Thanks, all I did was work with them."
"From what I hear that takes skill. I don't really know because I do not have the chance to work with them much, but from when I have they do not really care to be in my presence."
I shook my head, "It took me a while to get most of them to trust me and even then two of my unit mates don't care for me. Deklyn was really the only one who liked me from the beginning."
"And that's coz he probably had a crush on you." Chezza teased.
"Oh please." I rolled my eyes.
"Don't 'oh please me' Rai, I'd be surprised if he didn't. You did save him after all. Something like that makes wolves and people trust you."
"What happened?" Andy asked, lost to our conversation.
Chezza looked to me and replied, "From what I hear, Deklyn was having a hard time taming his inner wolf, so Rai came to his rescue. About a day later, Alpha Aldwin came to pick him up as a new member of his pack. And she wasn't Dek's attending doctor either." She looked at me with proud eyes.
"It wasn't anything big." I muttered.
"Really? From what I hear, you ripped the other doctor to shreds." She giggled.
"And you still have a job?" Andy looked surprised.
"She basically has an 'I can be an asshole' pass because she is one of the few who worked in the lower levels because she wanted to, not because she had to work to the top."
"Yes, but that all access pass also makes me infamous among doctors." I leaned back with a grin. "I'm pretty sure you've heard of me."
"Wait are you the one every doctor bitches about?" He asked with wide eyes.
"That'd be me?" My grin grew wider. "The one everyone hates to work with or be near."
"Should have seen her earlier today. She played hero doctor and bitch simultaneously." She shook her head at me. "Making wolves love her and humans hate her one event at a time."
"More like one patch up at a time." Both Andy and Chezza laughed, making my heart soften. They were fucking adorable.
"I must say, you are one impressive woman Rai." Andy complimented.
"Why? Because I make people hate me?"
He shook his head, "No, because from what I hear, you always do what you think is right. Not many people have the courage to do that."
I raised my eyebrows, "Oh, thanks."
We were sharing a nice moment until someone walked by and whispered harshly, "Wolf lover."
My smile dropped and I turned to face the woman who said it. Looking her straight in the eyes I replied, "And fucking proud of it." The woman's eyes widened and her jaw dropped. "Got anything else to say or can I enjoy my meal with my friends?"
She took in a deep breath and tried to say strongly, "They're monsters."
"Actually they're kinda adorable. But shh don't tell them that or they'll have a complex." I winked which caused her to turn red.
"They are not adorable, they turn into wolves!"
"You're right." She smirked when I conceded, but I looked at her with a smile which confused her. "They're amazing when they shift. Gods if I was a guy, I'd probably get a hard on watching them run. The way their body moves is so majestic." The woman was too shocked to say anything and quickly scurried off. I started laughing at her retreating form. "Her face was awesome."
Andy had a surprised face, while Chezza shook her head. "You should be nicer to people, Rai."
"Why? I was giving to her what she was giving to me."
"One day you may be in trouble and those people," She gestured around the room, "Will be your jury."
"I may get into fights with people Chez, but I don't do illegal things."
"Really?" She smirked knowing.
"Okay, I haven't done illegal things since I got my license."
"I know, I was giving you a hard time. But really Rai, you need to think before you act sometimes. Before it was just you, now you have a unit to think about."
"I think we've been pretty good."
"True." She smiled kindly, "But things change. What you've been able to get away with may not last forever."
"I know. That's why I'm gunna bitch and make noise until I can't anymore. Regret is something I don't want."
Chezza laughed quietly, "That's the Rai I know." I smiled and took a sip of my wine. Chezza got me and if I don't scare Andy away, I may just make another friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I wanted to finish my Teen Wolf fanfic. Cheers!

We met Chezza's boy :3 This makes me happy.