Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

Long Ass Mission

"Raaai." A low voice whispered into my ear. I swatted at the noise and turned over to dive deeper into my pillow. "Raaai." The voice got louder and I growled at it. I heard the person chuckled. "Rai, you need to get up or I'll have to resort to drastic measures." Still not fully awake, I made noises and went back to sleep. Next thing I knew, cold wetness was hitting me.
I screamed and jumped up, murderous eyes on the culprit. "You're dead!" I growled and pounced on Deklyn. He laughed as he easily caught me, but I had been training with the unit for over a year and a half and I knew out to take a wolf down. There was a crash and when Rory, Layla, Marco, and Zane rushed in, they found me straddling Deklyn, him having both my wrists so I couldn't get too close to him.
"What is going on here?" Zane asked a little confused.
"I was waking her up." Deklyn grinned.
"Fuck you." I bit, shivering a little from the water that was still dripping off my body.
"Rai, get off of Deklyn, we need to get going." Zane commanded calmly.
I debated whether or not I should actually get up, but then I though better of it and leaned back. I stood and swung my leg over him so I was no longer in the straddling position. I glared down at him and he tried to give me puppy dog eyes. "Aw don't be mad Rai, I was only playing with you."
I gave him a swift kick in the side and when he pouted up at me from the pain, I looked down at him and said, "I was only playing. Now excuse me, I'm going to change before I catch a cold." I stalked off into my bathroom so I could change and get ready.
"What's up her ass?" Jasper asked right as I shut the door. I gave him the finger before being isolated in the bathroom. I let out a breath and looked at myself in the mirror, man I looked like shit. My face was paler than normal and I had purple bags forming under my eyes. I scrubbed my hand over my face before washing it, brushing my hair, and finally changing into my medic uniform. Once again looking semi normal, I walked out, grabbed my shoes, and headed to the kitchen where my unit had taken up roots.
I yawned and asked, "So what's everyone in my apartment for?" Now that I was basically up, I didn't care that I had people over.
"We came to get you." Rory replied.
"You coulda sent a message or something." I poured myself some tea and fixed it to my liking.
"We tried, but you never answered."
"Really?" I checked my comm and found that I indeed had a message. "Huh, musta been in REM."
Deklyn cautiously scurried up to me and asked, "Are you still mad at me?"
I sighed, "No. Sorry about tackling you and kicking you."
"It's okay, sorry about dumping cold water on you."
"What made you think that was a good idea?" I inquired.
He chuckled, "I thought I'd be funny." Then his face scrunched up, "I didn't think you'd attack me, you're usually very easy to wake up."
"Why were you so hard to awaken?" Zane asked with a raised brow.
I thought back to last night. "I got home late from hanging out with Chezza and Andy, then I had a hell of a time falling asleep, and then I had nightmares. I fell asleep," I looked over at my clock. "Two hours ago."
Deklyn looked at me in horror, "I'm so sorry Rai, forgive me!" He cried as he hugged me tight.
"Yeah yeah, no problem." I laughed, "Please be more gentle before you either break me or spill my tea."
"Oops." He smiled bashfully and stopped jostling me around.
"It's cool."
"Who's Andy?" Lyla asked curiously.
"Chezza's husband. Finally met him yesterday, he seems pretty solar."
"She's married?" Deklyn asked surprised.
"Yep, got married last year. She's also pregnant. Surprised you didn't notice yesterday."
"We were a bit preoccupied." Deklyn replied.
"Touche. Well, we should go before we're late." I placed my cup in the sink and started for the door. Twenty minutes later, we were in the briefing room with three very important military looking people; they were kind of intimidating.
"Alright unit, you are being put on a very important mission. The government has been informed that there is a rogue group that is planning to take down the government as we know it. We need you to collect as much intel as possible and recruit for a possible battle between us and them. From what we have collected already, the enemy has been collected an army. If we do not stop them in time, this could turn into Galaxies War II. We do not know who the leader is, but the group calls themselves Evigilantem or The Awakening. It is of vital importance that you collect as much information on them as possible and report back to us as soon as possible. Do you understand?"
"Yes, sir." We confirmed.
"Talk to all allies and we will be giving you planets to visit. You will also be working along side other werewolf and military units. W Units: 119, 243,291, and 543 will be visiting known locations of Evigilantem. W Units: 20 and 111 will also be collecting intel. Keep in constant contact with these units and if they need help and you are close, go to them. You will also need to talk to different Galaxy Units. G Units: 24A, 121A, and 1249Y will be visiting locations , while G Units: 379B, 777G, and 798K will be doing Recon like you. Any questions?"
Zane raised his hand, "Will we be breaking off into sections for the recon?"
"That is probably best instead of intersecting and wasting time."
"Yes, sir."
"Do the other units, both the G and W units, have medics on board their ships?" I asked.
The Captain's eyes landed on me, "The G Units will and two W Units have doctors that have been assigned to them."
"Thank you sir." I wasn't happy that only three out of seven W Units have doctors, but I guess it was better than nothing. There were a few more questions before we stayed silent.
"Anything else?" After a silent pause, the Captain continued, "Good. You will be leaving tomorrow. I suggest making up a list of places you would like to go to and talk with the other units to break up the galaxies. You are dismissed." We stood up and saluted before walking out.
"This is going to be a long ass mission." Jasper grumbled.
"It is, so psyc yourself up for it." Zane replied. "We'll have lunch and then meet up to discuss the planets and people we would like to talk to. Once we've made up a list, we will contact the other units and figure out a course of action. Dismissed for lunch, be back at 1:00 OET." Everyone nodded and most of the pack left. "You okay Rai?"
I looked up at him and nodded, "Tired and hungry. Let's go eat." As we walked to a little diner, I asked, "Do you think we'll have to house another pack?"
"I doubt it. This seems like a very individual mission, however if it becomes bigger we may have to."
"That'll be interesting. I wonder how Unit 27's doing."
"Last I heard, they were doing fine. Jenna ended up leaving after finishing up her time."
"Really? Wow, I didn't think she'd ever leave." We arrived at the place and were seating a few minutes after arriving.
"Not everyone wants this as a career path."
"Like Cion?"
"Exactly. Most of the pack will probably leave once they turn 27."
"Killian hasn't."
"He may one day but he's like me, military career."
"So you've already decided to make the military your career path?" I asked with a piqued interest.
He nodded, "I wouldn't have become Alpha if I didn't plan on staying longer than the 9 years requirement."
My brows furrowed together in thought, "I always wondered how one became an Alpha."
"It's a mix between staying in the military, choosing it as lifestyle, and if you have the... dominant personality to command wolves."
"Okay, I think I understand. So, you need the drive to stay in the military or else it's just a job and you don't put that much into the position which would be detrimental. And you need to be able to control your underlings or the pack dynamics would fall apart. That's what you're saying?"
"Basically. An Alpha needs to also be able to make hard decisions and live with the consequences; think about what's best for the pack and the people you are protecting."
"Sounds like you have a lot of weight to bare."
He shrugged, "No more than what you have to."
"What do you mean?"
"You're a doctor, it's your job to be objective all the time and be able to work under pressure. You often walk the line between life and death. You have to be able to accept death as something that happens; people die even when you try your best to save them. How many people have died in your presence?" I looked down and opened my mouth. "That was rhetorical, but do you understand what I mean?"
"Yeah, I'm beginning to. I never really thought of it like that before." I took a bite of my food. "We sure know how to have a meal conversation don't we?"
Zane chuckled, "That we do. So, Chezza's having a baby?"
My face lit up, "Yes! She's solar excited."
"I don't think she's the only one." He grinned.
"I like babies, they're adorable. I especially like them when I can pass them off when they start fussing and becoming too much." Zane couldn't help but laugh. "Do you have any nieces or nephews?"
He looked up from his fit and replied, "Two nephews, Jacob and Michael."
"So you do have siblings."
"No one's ever asked, so it never came up. I only have one." He shrugged.
I stared at him and said, "This sibling is... older?"
"Nice guess." He replied impressed.
"And it's an older... sis-brother."
"Now how'd you guess that one?"
"Your face. It scrunched up a little when I was in the process of sister." I grinned.
"As observant as ever."
"You know it." I looked down at my watch and sighed. "We should get going, it's almost 1." Zane nodded and we paid for our meal so we could meet up with the unit.
♠ ♠ ♠
And so their new mission begins =)