Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

The Girl That Doesn't Belongs

We spent the rest of the afternoon making up a list of allies we had made over the last few years and adding the list of planets the government wanted us to check out. We mapped out the location of each and found that we were mostly within four galaxies that were relatively close to one another. After we charted everything, Zane and Killian went in search of some of the other groups while the rest of us ate.
An hour later, they returned and informed us that we were going to meet with a few of the W Units in a half an hour.
"You two will be able to eat right?" I asked with a stern look.
Zane rolled his eyes, while Killian replied, "We are in the army Rai, we know how to eat a large meal fast."
"You best, I don't need one of you passing out on me because you didn't eat enough."
"Have any of use passed out due to starvation in the years we've been a unit?" Zane asked pointedly.
"Well, there was this one time..." Zane scowled at me and I laughed, "Just kidding. I'll be back." I waved as I went to answer my comm. "Hello?"
"Hey Ally-Rai." My sister greeted. "How are you?"
"Pretty good. Going on a mission tomorrow." I replied as I leaned on a wall.
"Were you not just on one?" She asked.
"Yep. Got two days off and now I'm off to do another one."
"I feel that is unfair."
"Life of a W Unit sis." I chuckled. "So how are you?"
"Okay. Kally can't stop talking about all she has learned so far." Kay laughed.
"So I take it she's loving school."
"She is. She is just like you were at her age."
"I sure loved to learn." I reminisced.
"You still do." I could picture her rolling her eyes.
"Can't deny that. New knowledge always excites me, especially random facts." We talked a little while more before I signed off and rejoined my unit. Within the half hour, we met up with W Units 20, 119, and 543. I was a little late due to making sure Myrra would be supplied with the necessary medicines for the mission.
I heard Zane greeting the last Alpha as I jogged down the hall. "Hello, I am Alpha Zane Aldwin, please call me either Zane or Alpha Zane, and this is my Unit: Beta Killian Murphy, Thetas Deklyn Ward, Marco Kay, Jasper Birch, and Trina Montgomery, and my Scouts Lyla Montgomery and Rory St. Michael."
"Hello Pack 13, I am Alpha Corbin Tanner, please call me Alpha Tanner and this is my unit." He introduced each wolf, I only caught the tail end of the introductions.
"Alpha Tanner, let me intoduce you to the doctor on my unit, Dr. Aleara-Rain Night." He swept a hand at me.
I nodded, "Hello, nice to meet you. Please call me Rai." I smiled kindly.
"Wait, Rai?" Everyone turned to see two Theta stepping forward.
I grinned, "Long time no see Ed. Matt I see you're doing better."
Matt nodded, "Yes, much. Thank you for everything."
"Just doing my job."
"You have met this young woman before?" Alpha Tanner asked his Thetas.
Ed nodded, "Yes, she's the one who helped Matt yesterday after the dick of a doctor almost killed him."
Alpha Tanner's eyebrows rose and he turned to me. "Thank you for saving my Theta."
"Don't worry about it." I smiled. "It was nothing."
"Nothing you say? Not many regs would help a sick wolf." He pointed out with a bit of a challenge in his voice.
I shrugged, "I'm not like most people."
"I am beginning to realize that." The Alpha smiled gently. "Now that we have introduced ourselves, shall we talk about the mission?" Everyone nodded and we started dividing up the galaxies. We talk to the other units through the comm system and after three hours, each unit had a section to visit. Everything was going smoothly until another unit decided to visit.
"Rai." Alpha Tanner said as everyone got up to go. I turned and waited for him to continue. "Your name sounds familiar, where have I heard you before?"
I grinned, "I'm infamous."
"Yeah, because she's a known wolf lover." We all turned to see who had said it. It was a young snide looking military man.
I gave him a skeptical look, "I am, but you sure you want to try and degrade me?"
He scowled, "What's that suppose to mean?" I didn't say anything as I pointed behind me; many of the wolves had gone defensive and a low warning was being emanated.
"You should be careful what you say youngin', I no longer see that as an offense. I love wolves, so what?"
His scowl deepened and he started stuttering until his commanding officer stepped in, "What is going on here?"
"Your soldier here was trying to pick a fight with my unit's doctor, sir." Zane replied with a hand on my shoulder. I knew when to stay quiet.
The officer looked distugstingly at the wolves and then at me, "I'm sure not without good reason."
I looked at him with some disbelief, but Zane remained calm. "Dr. Rai was minding her own business, your soldier tried to start something."
"Private?"
"I did nothing sir, she was rude to me first." He replied and gave a snide smile once his officer turned away.
"He lies, sir." I said in a calm voice.
"Name doctor?" He asked harshly.
"Dr. Aleara-Rain Night, I prefer Dr. Rai." I saluted and went to ease.
"I've heard of you, you're a troublemaker and a wolf lover." He accused.
"Can't deny that, sir." I replied easily and his face twisted in disgust. "Well, I have to go get ready for our mission, so I will see you later." I saluted again and turned.
After I had fully turned, the private said rather loudly, "I don't see why she gets to act all high and mighty sir, isn't she below you?"
I turned and replied, "Because unlike you I'm kinda important and can talk for the most part how I want."
He scowled angrily at me. I decided to call him Private Scowls. "What makes you so important?"
"The fact that I have been a doctor for about seven years and have earned seniority."
"You're only like 22!"
"Close enough." I shrugged. "I became a doctor at a young age."
"Whatever."
"You may become important one day if you stop pouting all the time. Later." I turned once again, barely seeing his face turn red.
"Yeah, well... I may not be important yet, but at least I belong somewhere!" He shouted and I turned around confused.
"Huh?" Everyone froze except me and him.
He jabbed a finger at me, "You. You act like you rule the galaxies!" I went to deny that but he cut me off, "But we all know that isn't true, you don't even belong anywhere!" Now I was really confused and slightly hurt. "Do you know what everyone calls you? The girl who doesn't belong. You don't belong anywhere. The human race sure as hell doesn't want you and you may live among those monsters, but you aren't a Lycan! You have nowhere to go because you can never be pack and we don't want you."
I heard the units behind me suck in a breath as I cocked my head and quietly replied, "Who said I ever wanted to be accepted by human kind? Who said I wanted to be pack? I am quite happy where I exist now and I don't need anyone's approval, never said I was looking for it."
This only angered Private Scowls even more, "Not even your basket case of a brother's?" He snarled.
I went from uncaring to solar pissed in .1 second and I knew instantly that I was probably the scariest thing in all the galaxies in that moment. I didn't even think as I appeared in front of Private Scowls and pulled him into me by his collar. He held his breath as I quietly growled in his ear, "Don't talk about something you know nothing about." I ran a fingernail down from his temple, across his cheek, and let it drop off his chin. "Disrespect in anyway my brother or a wolf again and you will be black marked for the rest of your sorry ass of a life. Now fuck off." I pushed him back, spun and stalked off.
Sounding like he just pissed his pants, Private Scowls cried, "What does being black marked mean?" I didn't reply as I walked out of the meeting room and headed towards the shooting range. Yeah, I needed to blow of steam... or a dick.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for taking so long, I've had a lot to do. Hope you liked this chapter. Cheers!