Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

22 Years Old

One of my unit mates came looking for me, however he quickly left me alone when he say my target crotchless. I heard the whimper and the scurrying of boots, but didn't turn because I just wanted to get rid of my anger. After spending about two hours in the shooting range, I finally put down my weapon and went for a walk. Before getting far, the person who worked at the range called me.
"Um m-m-miss?" A young man asked.
I turned cold eyes on him, "What?"
I heard the saw the man swallow, "D-d-d-do y-you-you want y-our t-t-t-target?"
I looked over the piece of paper that was missing its genitals and head and replied, "No you can recycle it. Thanks." I turned and left without looking back. Still having anger bubbling inside me, I decided to get rid of it by physically making myself tired. That is how I ended up a local club that was having a throwback weekend to the 21st Century; my era. I couldn't help but smirk and shake my head as Pain by Three Days Grace blasted through the speakers. I entered the dance floor, obviously not in uniform, and started dancing. Three hours and too much alcohol later, I was a giggly mess who was ready to go home. I took out my comm and dialed Dek's number so he could pick me up.
"Hello?" A deep voice that was clearly not Deklyn answered.
"Heeeeeeey!" I smiled at my comm.
"Rai?"
"You guessed right!" I giggled before pouting, "Where's Dek? Is he Okay!?" My voice squeaked, suddenly afraid something happened to him.
"Deklyn is fine, he's sparring Marco right now. Rai are you drunk?" Zane asked concerned.
"Maybe a little." I looked down even though he couldn't see me like a child.
I heard him sigh, "Where are you?"
"At Revi's Club."
"Why are you there?" He asked baffled.
I started tracing circles on the table I was sitting at, "I was still mad so I wanted to burn the energy away and I like dancing soo..."
"Okay, I'll be there soon. Go outside and DON'T move. Okay?"
"Yes, sir!" I smiled and hung up. I staggered outside, almost falling a few times, and sat on the curb, bouncing happily.
"You okay miss? Do you want me to have someone call you a cab?" The bouncer asked.
I looked up at him with a smile, "Hi! I'm Rai." I offered my hand.
He took it, "Hi Rai, do you need me to call a cab for you?"
I thought a minute and then shook my head with a grin, "Nope, my friend's coming for me. He said he'd be here soon, he's so nice." Then I had an epiphany, "You should meet him! I'll introduce you two!"
He shook his head with a small smile, "Alright, let me know when you are leaving."
"Will do." I chirped, "You're such a nice person." I heard footsteps and saw Zane. "ZANE!" I waved excitedly. "HI!"
"Hi Rai." He looked down at me stunned "You ready to go?"
"Wait wait wait." I tried to get up but swayed.
"Careful." He warned as he helped me into a standing position.
"Thanks." I grinned. "Zane, you have to meet my new friend." I tugged on his shirt and pointed to the bouncer. "Mr. Bouncer! This," I pointed to Zane, "Is my solar friend Zane. Zane meet Mr. Bouncer, he watched after me until you came. Isn't he nice?" I was again grinning like a fool.
Zane didn't know how to handle my inebriated state, but turned to the bouncer and held out his hand, "Thank you for watching after her."
"No problem. Take care of her." The bouncer nodded.
"Yes, sir. Come on Rai time to go home." He tried to usher me home, but I resisted.
"Noooo." I whined, "I can walk on my ooooown." However, I only managed three or so steps before tripping on my own feet and falling on my butt. "Oooow." I pouted up at Zane who was wearing an 'I told you so' smirk. "Okaaaay, help me pleeeeease." I flailed my hands a little until he helped me up and started to carry me bridal style. "Zaaane, I can waaaalk."
"Rai, you are getting whiny." He commented gently.
I pouted and then yawned, "No I'm not." I laid my head in the crook of his neck. "Am I going home or the barracks?"
"Your flat, I don't want you killing my unit. You reek Rai."
"Rude." I huffed.
"I may get drunk off the fumes." He teased and I chuckled.
"Best not, you're my DW."
"DW?"
"Designated Wolf, can't have a drunk wolf carry me home." I slurred before passing out. I woke to Zane opening my door.
"Rai, your home."
I cracked open an eye and saw I was in fact home. "Hoooome..." It sounded mournful even to me.
As he carried me to my room, he asked, "What wrong Rai?" I shook my head and buried it into his neck. "Rai, talk to me." He whispered as he put me on my bed.
I shrugged as I sat on the edge of the bed, "It's too quiet without Jay... Myrra's more of home than here..." I soon got distracted by trying to take off my boots. "Boots, stop being difficult." I cried, almost falling over.
"Rai." Zane chuckled. "Stop, let me."
"Okay." I replied, defeated by a pair of leather and rubber. I watched him untie my laces until my eyes landed on his hair. I reached out and started gently pulling on his dark curls.
Getting distracted, Zane looked up and asked, "What are you doing?"
I giggled, "Your hairs spoings." I pulled another curl straight and let it go, watching it recoil into itself. In my altered state, it was the greatest thing ever. Zane merely shook his head and continued with my shoes; a smile gracing his lips. The smile didn't last long as he started scolding me for getting drunk.
"Rai, why did you get drunk, you know we have a mission tomorrow."
"I didn't mean to, it just happened."
"You're usually more responsible than this." I grumbled something and Zane looked up at me sharply, "What was that?"
"I'm 22 years old, why can't I get drunk every once in a while?"
"Because we have a mission and your should know better. You're an adult Rai, you can't make reckless decisions."
"Why not?" I challenged. "I've been a freaking adult since I was 15, can't I just be reckless every so often? Sometimes I think everyone forgets I am only 22." I mumbled the last part.
Zane looked at me hard and his face softened. "Sorry, Rai."
I looked at him surprised, "It's okay." Then I smiled as I continued playing with his curls. But even that entertainment didn't last long as I started petting his soft hair. "You're an awesome Alpha, Zane." Zane froze, my second shoe still in his hand. "Don't let anyone tell you otherwise." Oh hear comes the depressant part I thought vaguely as tears started falling down my face.
Slightly startled, Zane stood and bent over, "What's wrong?" His hands framed my face.
"That guy was mean." Zane just stared at me. "It's... it's like he knows things." I frowned and pulled away to lay down. "It's like he knows things that happened to Jay," I yawned and started to bury my face into my pillow. "But what he knows is wrong... or warped."
"Rai, what happened to Jay?" His voice was desperate, but I didn't pay attention.
Groggily I started singing, "I am a little bit of loneliness a little bit of disregard
Handful of complaints but I can’t help the fact that everyone can see these scars
I am what I want you to want what I want you to feel."
"Rai." I recognize the whine, but I was too tired to do anything about it.
"But it's like no matter what I do, I can't convince you, to just believe this is real
So I let go, watching you, turn your back like you always do
Face away and pretend that I'm not
But I'll be here 'cause you're all that I got."
"Rai, please."
"I can't feel the way I did before
Don't turn your back on me
I won't be ignored
Time won't heal this damage anymore
Don't turn your back on me
I won't be ignored."
I fell asleep to Zane quietly begging, "Rai."
♠ ♠ ♠
Faint by Linking Park