Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

Code Names

Over the course of six months, we had visited nine planets and found very little information about the terrorist group. All we were getting from our allies were that they were growing big and fast. We entered Cors' atmosphere, preparing to land within five minutes. The moment we landed, we were instantly greeted by Kyle and everyone we met back on our first mission together as a permanent unit.
"Rai." Kyle smiled. He looked to Zane before enveloping me into a hug. "How have you been?"
"Quite well. And yourself?" I smiled into the hug.
"Pretty good, no near death experiences." He greeted everyone else and ushered us towards town. "So what are you doing here on this barren wasteland?"
"We have questions that you may be able to answer." Zane replied.
Kyle smiled again, "Anyway I can help, I will. What do you need to know about?"
Zane looked around, "Is there a place a little more private where we won't be over heard?"
"Yeah, follow me." We walked for a little while before Kyler entered a medium sized living compound. "Is this okay?"
"Who lives here?"
"Ten wolves, all of whom can be trusted." He opened the door and we walked into the complex. "Straight down the hallway and the last door on your left is where we can talk." We filed down the hallway until we came to a decent sized living room with a large dining room table. Kyle was the last one to sit down as we crowded around the table.
"So what did you need to talk about?" He asked, folding his hands seriously.
"Over the past year a rebellious organization has begun to grow. They call themselves Evigilantem and have been gaining power to try and take down the government. From what we understand they are heavily werewolf member based with only a few humans scattered in their ranks. They appear to be excellent at cover their tracks and keeping people from finding out about them or talk. Have you heard anything about them?"
Kyle was quiet as he thought, "What was the group called again?"
"Evigilantem or the Awakening."
"Sorry I haven't." He shook his head. "I could ask Sid."
"Ask me what?" Sid asked as he walked in and stood next to Kyle's chair.
"Perfect timing?" Kyle smiled up at his mate. "Have you heard anything about a group called Evigilantem?"
Sid's face darkened, "Why?"
"We are investigating them." Zane replied.
Sid was quiet a moment and then looked straight at Zane, "I've heard whispers of them. They're working hard to expand, only talking to wolves that have been so injusticed by the government that they will either support or join their cause. We recently had a member come, but even though we rebelled, we do side with the government. She left quickly without anyone knowing it; we were a lost cause."
"Did you speak with her?" Zane asked, all of us eager for new news.
He nodded, "Only for a little while."
"Did you catch a name?"
"No, they use code names so they can stay under the radar. She called herself Fire 9 and she wasn't alone. There was a hooded figure not ten feet from her, I'm assuming the wolf was her guardian."
"Can you tell us anything else?"
"They're very... persuasive. Saying that we should stick together and that we had every right that regs do." His eyes flashed to me and bowed his head slightly. "Sorry for using that word."
I shook my head, "It's fine, I don't care. Please continue."
He nodded, "I listened to her speech for a little while, it was actually solar creepy how much she knew about me."
"What do you mean?" Zane asked.
"She knew about the rebellion, which isn't that secret, but she knew other things like about me and Kyle. She actually brought up our relationship in trying to get me to join her."
Kyle looked at him surprised, "You never told me that!"
"I was going to but then we had that earthquake and I kind of forgot about it until now. Sorry."
"It's okay."
"Anyway, I think you should have someone try to see of anything like personal records have been hacked. Something like my relationship shouldn't be that well known to people other than those who are actually looking for that stuff."
"Agreed." Zane nodded. "Jasper, I want you to start looking for hacks."
"Yes sir." Jasper nodded and pulled out a portable device.
"Try asking around some more, especially wolves who seem to have it harder than most." Sid suggested. "Specifically aim for those involved in the rebellion. It's been tough for us, we're always being watched to make sure we aren't thinking of doing it again."
"But you aren't being harassed right?" I asked fiercely.
"Don't worry, Alpha Lapsyn has made sure we are okay. Her pack is the one mainly watching us, so nothing to fret about." Kyle smiled.
I relaxed, "Good."
"Also try her pack, you never know what they see and hear while patrolling." Kyle winked.
"Thank you. Anything else you can tell us?" Zane asked.
Kyle and Sid were both quiet, Sid finally saying, "No, but if we think of something we'll inform you."
"Thank you for everything, you have been solar helpful."
"Anytime." Sid nodded and shook Zane's hand, Kyle mimicking the act.
"Zane, can I stay here and talk with Kyle?" I asked as we were saying goodbye.
"I don't see why not, just make sure we can contact you." Zane replied.
"Thanks, keep me updated." Zane nodded and everyone left to investigate some more. I turned to Kyle and smiled, "So how've you been?"
Kyle chuckled, "Just fine wolf eyes." His eyes sparkled as his lips set into a grin.
"Haven't heard that nickname in a while. How are you Sid?"
"Good." He nodded but didn't elaborate.
I turned my eyes back to Kyle, "How are you feeling?" My medical side clearly showing.
Kyle rolled his eyes, "Just fine, it's been over two years."
"Never know. Wolfsbane is dangerous and what you went through, I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't reoccurring problems."
Sid's nose flared as he took a step closer. Kyle shook his head and placed a hand on Sid's arm, "I'm fine. I'm pretty sure You would have noticed if I wasn't. Come on, let's go out and talk." For the rest of the day I hung out with Kyle and visited some of the wolves I had helped when I was their hostage. We ended the evening in their compound, laughing as we finished dinner.
"So, anything exciting happen while I've been away?" I asked, placing the dirty dishes in the sink.
"Not really. It's been pretty quiet around here. You?" Kyle asked as he washed.
I shrugged, "Been on missions mostly. Still as infamous as ever for my love of wolves. Oh! My friend is having or had," I frowned, not having talked to Chezza in a few months, "A baby and I finally met her husband."
"Really?" His face lit up.
"Yeah. I'm kind of jealous."
"And why's that wolf eyes?"
"Think about it Kyle, I live on a Phoenix as a W Unit's doctor. Not only does it kind of put a halt on dating, but it isn't exactly the atmosphere you want to be pregnant in. If you recall, I was held hostage here the first time I met you."
"Okay, so your job isn't ideal for having kids. You could retire or switch to working at a post or hospital."
I leaned with my butt on the counter top and looked down, "I was a hospital doctor before I volunteered to be the unit's doctor... I don't think I could go back to that, or at least not yet. I adore my job too much right now to step down, plus I think there'd be mutiny of I tried."
"Even if you told them it was because you wanted to have a baby?" He raised a brow at me.
I laughed, "Okay maybe not. I'd need to find a man first."
"Wolf eyes, with your looks all you would have to do is say Hi and a guy would do you in a heart beat."
I rolled my eyes, "Thanks for that image. But if I'm going have a baby, I want it with a guy I'm in love with or someone I trust."
"Don't we all." He smiled kindly, but then it turned into a grin, "Have anyone in mind?" He nudged me.
I chuckled, "Maaaybe."
"Oh come on Rai, tell me!" He whined.
"But it's fun to see if people can guess if I am or not."
"I will find out you know." He scowled.
"That's what Chezza said when she asked."
"I'm assuming she's your friend."
"Spot on. Enough about my depressing lack of a love life, how are you and Sid?" Sid had long gone to work.
Kyle smiled lovingly, "We're good. Other's are still dicks about us being mates, but besides that we're great."
"I don't understand how we can be in the 31st Century and still have prejudices against homosexuals."
"Society has, for the most part, accepted it, but we are wolves and therefore automatically get harassed."
"So stupid!"
"I know." He patted my shoulder.
"Have you two talked about having a baby?" I asked curiously.
"Wolf eyes, you should know by now that we can't."
"Why not?" I asked confused.
"Well we are kind of missing something essential, like a vagina and oocytes."
It was my turn to scowl, "Kyle stop being dumb, you know what I mean. Why don't you adopt?"
He looked down sadly, "I don't know. With us being constantly watched, I don't want our little one to have to go through more shit than it has too. Being a wolf is hard as it is, adding to it that its parents are gay and known rebels would just cause problems."
I gave Kyle a side hug, "Does Sid also feel that way?"
He shook his head, "No, we haven't talked about it much, but when it's come up he's all for it. He wants a family, I'm the one who's unsure."
"Do you want a children?" I asked softly.
He nodded, "Yes."
"Then fuck society and start a family, well if can support it of course. You two will be awesome parents, I should know! I watched you two closely when I worked here and you are wonderful with adults and children. Don't let society scare you into not having one."
Kyle sighed into my shoulder, "You're right. Thanks wolf eyes." He looked up with appreciative eyes.
"No probs man, let me know what you two decide."
"I will." he pulled away. "We shouldn't have cuddled, both Sid and your units will be unhappy."
I rolled my eyes, "Screw them, we are people and sometimes we need to cuddle for comfort!"
Kyle couldn't help but laugh, "You are like no other wolf eyes."
♠ ♠ ♠
So this wasn't going to be that long but... here yeah go. I love Kyle and Sid!