Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

Dominating Female Population

After returning from yet another planet with once again gaining very little information, Myrra received a distress call. "Master Zane, we are receiving a call from W Unit 20." Krynos informed over the com system.
"Put it through please." Zane requested as we all waited.
The com crackled as an unfamiliar voice called, "Mayday. Flight Ship Cosmos is in need of backup. I repeat Flight Ship Cosmos is in need of back up. We are being attacked by an unknown fleet! If anyone is out there, please answer!"
"Krynos, please put us through." Zane's voice grew hard as we rushed to the piloting bank.
"You are connected, Master Zane." Krynos reported.
A fuzzy picture of a man popped up. "Sir, I am Alpha Zane Aldwin of W Unit 13 and Alpha of the Phoenix Myrra. What is happening?"
Once again the man's voice crackled as he informed, "We are under attack by an unknown fleet. They came out of nowhere and started firing upon us. I don't know how much more we can take Alpha Aldwin." Panic in his voice was evident to everyone on board.
"Where are you? Please send us your coordinate."
"We are in the Lexicon Galaxy." He didn't look up as he sent us his location.
After quickly looking over the data, Zane replied, "We will be there as soon as we can. Hold them off the best you can and stay connected."
"Yes sir. Thank you Alpha Aldwin. I am Alpha Cory Filmont, under better circumstances it would be nice to meet you."
"Just do you best, we are on our way." We watched helplessly as the Cosmos did her best to stay alive and keep the attackers at bay as we high tailed it to their location. As we drew closer to the location, we cloaked ourselves until the last possible moment and then started firing upon the enemy. Myrra was a larger ship than the Cosmos and built for space fighting. She easily damaged three of the nine ships and was working on two more when the fleet retreated away. We tracked their movements until they were too far to trace. Gently maneuvering to The Cosmos, we stopped right next to her to offer assistance.
"Do you need any help, Alpha Filmont? We have a doctor and mechanic on board if you need her, but she can only do one thing at a time. We can also help where needed." Zane offered.
"If you have time to spare. We have a few men that need some medical help and our ship is in some rough shape." Alpha Filmont replied embarrassed.
Zane nodded, "We'll connect to you and head over soon."
"Thank you." Alpha Filmont nodded and then blipped off.
Zane turned to us, "Killian, Jasper, and Marco, I want you to stay on board and hail me if there is any sign of trouble. Everyone else, get ready to move out to the Cosmos." We all nodded and I headed to the infirmary to retrieve my bags. Once ready, we met at Myrra's cargo bay and prepared to head over.
The moment we stepped onto The Cosmos, we were greeted by Alpha Filmont. "Thank you for coming to our rescue."
"It was nothing, luckily we weren't too far away." Zane nodded.
"We are lucky indeed."
"This is my unit Thetas Deklyn Ward and Trina Montgomery, Scouts Rory St. Michael and Lyla Montgomery, and our doctor and mechanic Dr. Rai Night." Zane introduced, while pointing each of us out.
"It is a pleasure to meet you. Dr. Night, there are a few members of my pack that need to be looked at if you do not mind."
"That's fine, it's what I'm here for." I smiled. "Please call me Rai and Deklyn will be coming with me, he's my guard."
Alpha Filmont nodded, "That is fine."
"We can help where ever you need us, Rai has taught most of us simple patch up works." Zane offered.
"That would be great, thank you. Rai I will drop you and Theta Deklyn off at the sick bay, and I will show everyone else where we need the most work. Follow me please." Alpha Filmont ushered us to follow and we walked through the damaged ship.
I didn't have to do much since werewolves tend to heal fast. I mostly made sure the wounds didn't have anything in them and cleaned them so they didn't get infected later. For the unfortunate wolves that broke something, I reset the bone and monitored the healing process until they were basically healed. I found it interesting that most of W Unit 20 was made up of female wolves and asked about it. Apparently the planet they hail from is over populated with the female gender and more tend to turn, while males are less likely. It was pretty cool to finally have a dominating female population compared to the usual male dominance that I was use to. Lyla and Trina both seem to enjoy getting to know and share experiences with the females of our allied pack.
"Rai, they're being mean." Deklyn whined, pointing to where Lyla and four other female wolves were standing and laughing.
Without looking up from the wires I was working with, now on mechanic duty, I replied, "How are they being mean? Also," My eyes shifted to his for a second, "You shouldn't be eavesdropping."
Deklyn looked down, "I know, but it's kind of hard to not listen when you have super hearing."
"I am well aware that you are at the point in your wolf ability that you don't Have to listen to anything outside of a normal human range."
"Raai, that's besides the point." Sometimes I wonder if he really is twenty.
"Then the point is?"
"They're being mean."
"Once again, how so?"
"They're making fun of us males and talking about things I don't understand."
"Welcome to being part of the minority of the minority."
Deklyn groaned, "You are suppose to be on my side."
"Why should she side with you, Dek?" Lyla asked with a smile as she waltzed over, the wolves she was talking to following behind her.
"Because." Having no real comeback.
"Maybe Rai's enjoying the ratio that favors females, she is one you know." Deklyn pouted as he handed me a tool I requested. "Aw Dek pup, don't pout." Lyla giggled.
"I'm not pouting and you're being mean. We males aren't that bad and I am no pup."
"Whatever you say." He growled lightly at her and she shook her head. "I'm sorry, want a hug?"
Without looking, I knew he brightened up and he grinned, "Yes!"
Lyla and the rest of the wolves laughed. "Okay." She wrapped her arms around her pack mate. "Better?"
"For now. Hey Rory." Deklyn greeted.
"Hey, what's going on?" He asked.
"Lyla's being mean." Deklyn smiled.
"I said I was sorry." Lyla argued.
"I correct, she was being mean."
"Better."
Rory shook his head. "Rai, what are you up to?"
"Finishing up this section. How'd yours go?" I replied.
"Pretty much all done, I was sent to see if anywhere else needed help."
"Great. Deklyn I need your shoulders and Rory, you can pass me stuff." I instructed.
"Aye aye!" Deklyn saluted and bend down so I could sit on his shoulders.
"Thank you." I climbed on and he stood up, enabling me to reach the ceiling. "Rory, I need a sheet of metal and the solder." He passed me what I asked for and I slipped on my goggles. "Thanks, everyone be careful."
"Awesome, you're doing this on my shoulders. If I get burned, I'm blaming you." Deklyn threatened.
"Kay." I replied as I began the process of fixing another hole in the ship.
Five hours later, my unit and I stood at the cargo bay of The Cosmos preparing to leave. The Cosmos was patched up enough to fly to a nearby planet, land, and get fixed. We said farewell to the pack and headed home for a much needed rest.
♠ ♠ ♠
Last full week of being a Junior in college... yep trying not to freak. Cheers!