Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

What Makes You So Special?

"Raaai..." A light, drawn out whisper called to me, but I was too tired to respond and was swallowed by the darkness.

~~~
"Rai! Her pulse is too slow." The panicked voice of whoever was over me, made me want to respond but before I could I blacked out.

~~~
"Come on you have to wake up!" A different voice was frantic for me to respond, but alas I couldn't.

~~~
"Look, her eyes!" The voice was loud next to me. "Rai, come on you can do it."
"Mmm." I made some sort of throaty sound. I slowly opened one eye to see familiar faces.
"Thank the gods and goddesses, we thought you were done for." Deklyn sighed with relief.
"Thanks for the faith." I mumbled; one eye still closed.
"How are you feeling?" Killian asked as he started to gently poke and prod me.
I hissed as he touch an especially tender spot. "Stiff and sore. I'm really bruised aren't I?"
"From what I can tell yes. Miraculously, you haven't broken anything." Killian finished looking me over and smiled kindly at me. "What do you remember?"
I slowly sat up as I replied, "Umm, shouting... Fear for something... I heard you guys call to me.... but after that nothing. What happened?"
"There was a bomb and we were caught in the explosion. Even with our healing, we were not with it enough to getaway from our captors. We have become hostages."
"Wow, and I thought it wouldn't get worse." I sighed as I slowly sat up and leaned on the wall. "Well, what do we know so far?"
"We haven't been visited in about 48 hours since our capture." Deklyn informed.
"We've been here for two days?" My eyes widened.
"Roughly." Deklyn nodded.
"How do you know? There aren't any windows."
My three guardians grinned as Marco answered, "Wolf senses."
"Well aren't you special."
My friends chuckled for a little while before Killian grew serious again. "It actually is not that great. It is more of a count down until we go crazy. We are not meant to be kept in cages."
I nodded my head slowly, "I think I get what you mean."
"Some of your wolves gone a little crazy when kept at the hospital too long?"
"Yes, actually. I noticed the strange behavior but never really understood why."
"Now you know."
"Indeed, thank you." We waited and got to know our other cellmates until a door opened revealing a group of four; two young men, a young woman, and a man who appeared to be in his mid thirties.
"I see everyone's finally awake." The older of the four, who appeared to be the leader, greeted. "I was beginning to worry we would have to become grave diggers." He seemed to be trying to lighten up the atmosphere but failed. "Well, not a talkative bunch. Lets see, who should be part of the first round?" Everyone's stomachs dropped as dread filled our beings.

~~~
Deklyn paced our cell, now 2/3 empty, as Marco tried to sleep, and Killian remained calm. At this point I had nothing to keep my mind on except terrible things, so I turned to Killian. "How are you staying so calm?"
"Partially through meditating and partially through trying to figure out how to escape with minimum damage."
"How's the escape plan going?"
"I did not see or I do not remember the layout and how many people there are in here, thus they are not going so well. If it was only Marco, Deklyn and I, we may be able to escape but escaping with you would be harder because you are hurt and cannot run as fast. Please do not take my explanation the wrong way."
"No, don't worry Killian, I'm human and hurt, I know I'll slow you down." I smiled understandingly. We were quiet a moment before I thought, "I didn't know you meditated. "
"A lot of werewolves do. It helps us keep in control and relax."
"You learn something new everyday." I laughed right before the door opened again.
My cell turned our heads to see the lead man and seven of his lackies following after him and stop in front of us. "Let's see." The man's hazel eyes scanned the cell. Instinctively, Marco, Deklyn, and Killian moved to create a wall between me and the man. He smiled cruelly as he pointed out my little group, "Those four will do beautifully. Bag 'em and follow me." My friends growled and their eyes flashed in warning as the man's lackies moved closer to the bars.
The lackies didn't open the cell, instead waited patiently for something to happen. I thought we were going to be left alone until my friends flinched. "The fuck?" Deklyn muttered as he looked down at his arm that a protruding needle coming out of it. The three wolves started swaying a little as the lackies now entered, threw a bag over our heads, and marched us off to places unknown. The four of us tried to fight but I could do very little to a wolf and my guardians were still fighting the heavy drugs coursing through their veins.
When we reached our destination, we were forced into chairs and locked into place. The bags were removed and instantly my friends howled at our captors. "Relax and everything will be fine." The man smiled.
"What do you want from us?" Killian asked, eyes still glowing.
"Information of course. Give us what we want and everything will be fine, refuse and there will be consequences." There was more growling as the man started circling us. "This is rather fascinating." He didn't take his eyes off any of us as he spoke a loud. "Do you see this?" This question directed more to his underlings than to us. "Look how they automatically shift to try and protect this... this fragile, insignificant human. Even in the cell they tried to shield her from us." He crept closer to me and my friends grew louder. Then he stepped back and their volume decreased. "This is so interesting!" He grinned.
"Stay away from her!" Deklyn snapped.
"How protective!" His glee was unnerving. He walked closer to me and leaned in to inspect me, "What makes you so special that three wolves would react in such a way that they would be willing to kill me to keep you safe?" I kept quiet until he grabbed my face and asked again.
"Special I guess. I have a way with wolves. Call me the wolf whisperer." I replied with a sarcastic glint in my eyes.
"Not going to give me what I want I see. I'll try the nice way first, but I have a feeling I'm going to have so much fun breaking you." He once again gave a cruel smile before stepping away and addressing us as a group, "So, first question..."