Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

Significant Trait

"What?" I asked.
"Oh yes, the Tunglþræll bloodline is infamous. Humans," He spat out the word as if it had personally offended him now, "May have forgotten the legend behind it, but almost every wolf knows of that powerful pack. Am I right?" Sebastian's underlings nodded. I looked over to my friends to see that they had also heard of them. "They were the originals. The Alpha pack. The Tunglþræll consisted of only strong disciplined warriors. Every young pup who has heard the legend has some desire to one day maybe be as great as the father of all wolves."
"But my family is made up of all humans. My Tunglþræll bloodline can't be a wolf line or else we would definitely have wolves in the family; it's a dominant gene."
"Here is a little secret that not even most wolves know about the great Tunglþræll pack... their disappearance was not some accident or terrible war that wiped them out. Oh Noooo. They lost many in one of the great galaxy wars and the aftermath, but that was not what ended the wolf line."
"What did?" I was too in awe at the moment to keep quiet.
"Your great ancestor, the Alpha of your family's pack, found a way to reverse Lycanthropy and turn the last of her pack into weak, fragile humans."
"But, Lycanthropy doesn't have a cure. We would know if there was one!" I looked to my friends to see if Sebastian was telling the truth.
Killian answered my unspoken question in shock, "He is not lying, Rai. Or at least he believes it to be the truth."
My eyes went back to my captor, "It can't be true... it just can't"
"Oh, but it is. I found a book a while back that once belonged to the last Alpha herself. She wrote down everything in her journal... well almost everything. The only thing missing was how she made the 'cure,' but everything else was there. Ready to hear your family's history?
"It was a time of war. Earth was fighting itself and then spread through the Milky Way. The Earth managed to unite to fight the 'aliens,' but they still were not strong enough. Your ancestor Jace Tunglþræll researched and created a serum to create a powerful yet disciplined soldier."
"The werewolf." I whispered and Sebastian nodded approvingly.
"He infected him and his children so they could protect their home. At the time they were not part of the military, so the W Unit was not even considered. The Tunglþræll's became legendary within their city because they protected it. The first pack worked because they were family, it was a key part to why none of them went crazy. A few years passed and they found that the Lycanthropy was a dominant mutation gene that could be passed from parent to offspring even if one of the parent's was human.
"The pack grew and became strong, slowly dispersing in groups to stop the alien threat from spreading. Eventually, the government asked the pack to join the army and help them end the war. Most agreed, but some stayed behind to protect their family.
"Through hapchance, another person was bitten. Some say it was when the Alpha dragged a person to safety in his wolfen form, while other's say it was an accident where the wolf snapped his jaws during battle not realizing it was an ally. Whatever the cause, another person was bitten and infected. Thus, it was found out that werewolves could be created through a bite, not just the serum. It took them a little while to realize it could only be transferred through an Alpha bite, but that is neither here nor there. With the help of more wolves, the United Government of Earth defeated their enemy and things became peaceful.
"Except, now the wolves did not know what to do. Some wanted to go back to their families, while others were welcomed into the Tunglþræll Pack. The ones that left slowly grew aggressive and had trouble controlling their wolf. Thus the clean up began and more Alphas were created. It started off with only the direct decedents of Jace becoming Alphas, but after some time strong men and women with leadership qualities outside of the family grew in rank.
"Mind you, wolves were still a minority and were often left alone to live like normal people. As long as there was an Alpha nearby that a beta or theta could defer to, no wolf went feral. The Tunglþræll Pack stepped down and acted as guardian and watchers. They did not interfere in pack affairs unless they were requested or they became too dangerous. They were basically wolf royalty and no one messed with them; everyone respected them.
"However, things once again grew tumultuous and fighting broke out across three galaxies. The wolves were requested to join the military once again when the humanoids were getting decimated. The Tunglþræll Pack agreed and most went off to battle. Because they went, many packs also joined, but with the request that each pack stay together. The packs, especially your ancestors, saved millions. Your pack becoming most famous for single handedly taking out the enemies and saving a continent.
"However, the price was high for their bravery. The great Tunglþræll Pack was now barely more than twenty wolves strong. By the end of the war, only fifteen family members returned home. The pack watched over the other packs but were much more withdrawn due to mourning. Although still one of the strongest packs around, they were never the same; too many had been lost.
"Peace between humans and wolves decreased until they were seen as monsters. Wolves became hunted for fear they would try to turn everyone. No matter how hard the wolves tried to plead they would do no such thing, humans did not listen and killed so many wolves that only about 2% were still alive.
"The Tunglþræll Pack tried to stop the massacre, but their numbers were to few to make much of a difference. The town that once loved them, turned against them and killed every last Tunglþræll. Women, children, men, wolves, and humans, all killed for being a wolf or wolf lover.
"Here is what most people do not know... four family members survived. Alpha Genevieve, her brother Arthur, a cousin Tyrnin, and Genevieve's daughter Melinda. When she could save no one else, she ran with her last remaining family members into the woods where they lives until things simmered down a bit. They found a large city to live in and Genevieve created her serum. So distraught from her loss and feeling responsible for the death of so many, she turned everyone back to being human. And thus your family became humans once again. In her journal, Genevieve planned on going around to offer other wolves the serum, but apparently this never came to pass for we still have wolves."
"That doesn't explain my eyes though." I found it odd that my eyes gave so much away about my ancestral history and yet he never brought it up once.
"It was a side effect of become a wolf the first time. Everyone who was part of the original wave had the sudden effect of heterochromia iridum of silver and gold. What was interesting though was what happened when they shifted; the Alpha received the silver eyes, while the beta and everyone under him received the gold."
"But no one bitten had the change in eye color?"
"No, they kept their human eye color except when they shifted or their wolf surfaced."
"But if my family is so well know, why does no one realize I have Tunglþræll in my blood?"
"That part somehow became lost. Very few remember that very significant trait. And now, it is just the thing that makes you so special." Sebastian smiled and the hair on the back of my neck stood up.
"Why does this not sound good for me?"
"Because, you get to be our first test subject. I hope you have a very strong mind Selena Aleara-Rain Brightknight."
I felt my face drain of blood as I replied, "How do you know that name?"
"I know everything about the woman who tortured my, including her precious, brilliant youngest daughter." He turned sharply, "Bring her to The Room." He walked away as I yelled after him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shit just hit the fan...