Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

Black, White, and Sepia

I was dragged to a room that looked to have once been a theatre room. Not the actual theater mind you, but where the reel was held and the movie projector was. It wasn't large, but big enough to hold about seven people comfortably. The once window for projection was boarded up and and had a sheet pulled taught, so it to be used as a screen.
I was forced into a lone chair where my legs, arms, and head were strapped in so I couldn't move. I fought a little, but quickly found it pointless. "What are you going to do to me?" I growled.
"My Miss Selena, you sound almost like your ancestors." Sebastian smiled as he walked over to a large machine with tubes attached all over it and a million buttons.
"It's Rai. I changed my name to Aleara-Rain Night. I'm not exactly on friendly terms with my parents so this 'revenge' of yours isn't going to work." I snapped.
"Oh my dear," He cooed as he walked back in front of me and once again stroked my cheek. "I don't think your mother hates you as much as you think."
"My mother?"
"Yes, it is from your mother that you get your eye color from."
I tried to cock my head as I replied, "Really?"
"You are so ignorant of your own history."
"They don't talk about it much..." I quietly replied, slightly embarrassed.
"Too ashamed to have our blood in them. For being the reason wolves exist." He shook his head. "You cannot hide that information forever and you cannot escape who you are." I tried to keep him talking, but before long he started attaching things to my head, fingers and wrist. "Now this will sting a little." He slipped four needles through my skin and into the four quadrants of my brain. I yelped in pain and could feel blood dripping down my face.
"The fuck a little!" I hissed.
"I did not know." Sebastian shrugged. "You are our first test subject. Now, try to relax and not flinch. You should know better Doctor." I growled again but did my best to relax as he slipped monitors onto four fingers, and an IV drip with some strange concoction into my left hand.
I felt the thick grey liquid slip into my blood system and hissed, "What the hell is this stuff?"
"A unique substance that will help me in my endeavor to crack your little mind open."
"What?" I knew my heart picked up and I internally cursed myself; my increased heart rate would spread the foreign liquid throughout my body faster.
"This beauty," He looked lovingly at the machine, "Will show memories like a movie and that thick goo will force you to think of your past. If you thought getting needles crammed through your skull and into your brain was painful, that was not even scratching the surface." I looked in horror as Sebastian smiled at me and said, "Let us begin." He flipped a switch and I felt an electrical charge surge through my body, reacting with the foreign chemicals.
It took a minute but soon enough an image formed on the screen. Forcing my eyes open, I saw a memory of me playing in the park when I was about six. I had wandered off into a part where the grass and wild flowers were tall, taller than me which I thought was the greatest thing ever. The colors were distorted. Most of the image was black, white or sepia except for the flower petals. I clenched my teeth as six year old me turned to find that I didn't know where anyone was. Fear crossed Selena's face for a fraction of a second before a small orange and purple bird flew by and she smiled in glee. She chased after it until it had disappeared and she had opened a portion of the grass to find brilliant green eyes staring back at her.
The black, white, and sepia boy flashed elongated teeth at Selena. She tensed for a mere millisecond before smiling and moving her lips in a greeting. Not wanting to have anyone else watch private parts of my life I calmed my breathing and closed of my memories. From that moment on it was a battle of wits and endurance. Sebastian tried to force me to think of my past, a few times succeeding, while I tried to not think and keep the blockade to my mind tight.
Gods know how long later, I was detached from the machine and dragged half asleep to where the others were. This time however, I was placed in a separate cell across from my friends. Killian, Marco, and Deklyn rushed to the bars and looked at me concerned. "Rai, what happened to you?" Deklyn asked, his voice an octave higher than normal.
I leaned against the wall, wiping the crusty blood from my face. "The bastard's trying to access my memories."
"They can do that?" Killian asked surprised.
"Apparently. There's this machine, a projector, monitors, and this concoction they feed into your veins via an IV drip that screws with your mind. I think it target the amygdala that has to do with memory suppression and things like that."
"I have never heard of anything like that before."
"Neither have I. I want to know how they invented such a thing."
"I do too."
"I'm apparently their first test subject on it. It's the eeriest thing ever."
"Rai, be careful and if we can help in anyway let us know!" Deklyn's face was crumpled in emotional pain; unable to help me.
"I'll try." I smiled back.
"What happens?" Killian asked.
My eyes shifted to his. "After they jab needles into the four lobes of your brain which is a treat, they put the monitors on your fingers and slip the IV into your wrist. He flips the switch, you feel an electrical surge, and if your defenses aren't up, your memory plays like an old family movie. I don't know how other's would look, but mine were mostly in black, white, and sepia colors while a few things were in colors. Example would be my first memory. I was playing in a field and everything was bland except for the flower petals. It was weird."
"Did he access any other memories?" Killian's voice was strained, praying nothing important played for all to see.
I shook my head, "No, I think today was just a test run of what the machine could do and how to tweak it. I'm sure the longer we stay, the more he'll do to get what he wants."
Our two cells were quiet as our thoughts turned grim. It wasn't until another person from my friend's cell asked a quiet that the silence was demolished. "Why you though?" Our eyes turned questioningly to the person. "I mean, yer human. The more they torture you physically, the more likely yer gunna pass out and be of no use. At least if they used a wolf, we can heal and they can continue their weird experiment."
"I wondered that too. Are they going to switch between us?" Deklyn asked.
"I don't know. They didn't say anything about using any others, but I also wouldn't be surprised of they started pulling you guys. And as far as I know, I'm their first subject because Sebastian hates my parents."
"Who are they? And who is Sebastian?" The same person from before asked.
"Sebastian is the leader of this place. And my parents are prominent doctors in the government."
"What'd they specifically do to Sebastian for him to take it out of you?"
"I don't know, but I'd like to know." I sighed, "I don't even like my parents. I doubt torturing me will do any damage to my them."
"Do they really dislike you that much?" He asked startled.
"They disowned me because I became a wolf doctor, yeah they don't like me." I smile wryly. "Then they had the balls to act like it meant nothing." My friends went quiet as the memory of the first time we parted played through their minds.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated much, physics is still kicking me in the face and laughing. Hopefully I'll be able to update at least one more this week as I prepare for my final. Cheers!