Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

Taking Longer to Stop the Memories

"AAAAAAAAAAH!" I cried as Sebastian ordered his underling to push more sludge into my vein. I found it was getting harder to not give into the temptation of release. At this point I didn't know what would be better, keeping my memories and all information they stored to myself or letting them pour out. The pain and mental strain of not letting anything through my sheild was wearing me thin. I panted heavily through my mouth as I stared at nothing, trying to keep my head clear of all this.
Sebastian stood in front of me and wiped under my nose. "You should not strain your body so, it can cause problems." My eyes finally focused on the red staining his fingers. "As a doctor you should know better. Bloody noses can mean terrible things if you do not do anything about them." He grinned and nodded. More of the grey liquid was pushed through the IV and I again cried out. "Stop fighting, you are better off if you stop."
"Fuck. Off." I grinded out. The screen flickered black and white for a second before going completely blank again.
With a sigh, Sebastian called, "Enough, shut it down. Drag her back to her cell. We shall continue this later." He turned from me and walked out of the room. I slumped in my chair, utterly exhausted from the day's torment.
"Let's go." His lacky huffed as he dragged my body from the room to my cell. He tossed me in and for a little while I laid on the ground unmoving.
"Rai!" Marco's voice called in alarm.
"I'm... fine." I panted barely above a whisper.
"You don't look fine." I gave a chuckled but said nothing. "What have they been doing to you?"
I didn't reply at first, instead trying to get into a sitting position. Once I accomplished that small task, I leaned on the wall and let my head lull to the side. "They pumped so much of that grey shit into me I don't even know what's up anymore." Marco looked at me sadly. "Why are you still here?"
"I don't know." He coughed for a moment and then continued, "They were interrogating me and then they got bored or something and tossed me back here."
"You okay?"
He looked at me solemnly and replied, "A few punches and such but nothing I couldn't handle." He started coughing again.
"You sure you're okay, wolves don't tend to get sick."
"Yeah..." He took a deep breath, waited a moment to see if he'd cough again, and then he said, "I think it's from not eating and having to heal all the time. I'm fine, worry about yourself Rai. Even a wolf's body can be run down from time to time." He gave a small smile. "Try to get some sleep before they come in and interrupt it like usual."
"I think I will, thanks Marco." I tried to get as comfortable as possible against the wall. "Mind singing? I miss music."
He chuckled, "Sure.
I'll be there, close your eyes..."
I was able to sleep for about ten minutes before I was rudely awoken and taken away once again...

~~3rd POV~~
She was a tough one, this Rai. Sebastian watch with interest and annoyance as the screen in the front never changed color. So far it was day three of Rai's torture and he was only able to see a few glimpses from her past. The most prominent one was her first memory of when she played in the tall grasses, but from there only spurts of when she was younger. One young boy, perhaps five years her senior, popped up a few times. Sebastian assumed the young man was her brother for he shared her unique eyes, but the moment he showed up the memory was gone.
He paced behind the woman, trying to egg her on to remember anything. Sebastian wanted information that would help him win this blasted war and topple the government that looked down on his kin, but the way he tormented showed an alternative motive. His main goal now was to break her. He liked this woman, she was unlike any human or wolf he had ever met, yet something about her pissed him off. She seemed to be made of granite or the strongest material known to man, but she held a dark secret. A secret he guessed that would destroy her and that is what he planned to do.
She said that she was no longer close to her parents and wanted nothing to do with them, but that can never be entirely true. No matter how much a child is smited, there is a part of them that yearns for their parent's love. All wolves feel that way, especially those who are turned. They try at first to get their biological parents to recognize them even though majority of the time that will never be, and then they turn to their Alpha for that approval. The latter is usually where they are able to fill in the whole their parents left and they become content. Pack becomes everything as it should.
As Sebastian looked at the woman in front of him trying valiantly to ward of the mind numbing effect of the drug, he realized she would never have that complete feeling. He knew already that her parents were a solar fail when it came to parenting; experienced it first hand. They did not give a rat's ass about their children, only their experiments. This void probably drove this girl to find acceptance in the wolf world only to find she would not receive it. Not only was she a wolf doctor, something all wolves hate, but she was also human. She would never feel the bond that came with being in a pack and no pack would want a human in theirs. A pack was meant for wolves, not humans even if they were wolf lovers. There was a sadness to her that Sebastian wanted to capitalize on. He wanted to find and exploit this hole in her life and crush her.
Finally tiring of this cat and mouse game, he waved his hand and Rai was taken back to her cell for the night. As one of his subordinates passed, he placed a hand on the woman's shoulder. "Make sure she gets as little sleep as possible and never reaches REM, understood?"
The woman nodded, "Yes, sir."
"Good. Have a nice night."
"You too." She smiled brightly and walked out of the room. Once alone, Sebastian wandered over to the the chair and picked up the device that once circled Rai's head. It was crude and probably painful, one day he would perfect it, but for now he only looked at it. Blood dripped lazily from the four needles which he wiped one off with his finger. He sniffed it curiously and smiled; sad indeed. This sadness and need for self and other's protection was so entwined with her being that it made up part of her scent.

~~~Day 4~~~
*Scream*

("Mumma? Daddy?" A young Selena called as the dark room lit up.
"Ally-Rai?" A 13 year old boy called as he walked into the hallway. "Ally-Rai!" He rushed and engulfed the young crying child in his arms. "Shhh, it's okay. It's only a lightening Storm.")

"No!" Rai cried as the memory cut off.
"Oh yes. Again!" Sebastian ordered and another electrical pulse shot through Rai.

(Selena walked the sterile white halls of the academy alone. Groups of people crowded together, laughing and talking as she walked by. She was a young 13 year old surrounded by students aging from 17-21.
"Hi, I'm Selena." She smiled as she approached a group. Cold eyes in disgusted faces looked back at her-

"Miss Bright-Knight-"

"Miss Bright-Knight-"

"Miss Bright-Knight-"

"Miss Bright-Knight-"

"Miss Bright-Knight, if there is anything I can do for you just ask." A faceless teacher smiled down at her.)

"Enough for today, bring her to her cell." Sebastian dismissed the room and smiled to himself; progress.

~~~Day 6~~~
("About a week ago." The doctor replied offhandedly.
"Are you Fucking me? You haven't assigned him an Alpha yet?" Rai's mouth literally dropped open in disbelief.

"Will you shut the fuck up already?" A dark brown hair wolf snapped as a pack sat at a dining table. Rai and a blue/green eyed effeminate wolf grinned at each other, took a deep breath and started singing at the top of their lungs. Everyone silently laughed out loud as the two young adults pissed off the brown haired wolf.)

Rai barricaded her memory once more with too much concentration. The rest of the session was uneventful as Rai blocked out everything and introverted herself.

~~~Day 11~~~
Sebastian smiled in triumph as Rai's memories showed more than a few second clip. It was taking her longer and longer to stop the memories.

("Doing what a doctor's suppose to do, help someone." Rai scanned her ID at the door and whipped it open. The wolf stopped spazzing and looked over at the stranger. Rai could see the struggle on his face. His eyes bled from their natural blue to amber to blue again as his ears, teeth, and facial hair shifted from long to regular. Just as she pointed the gun at him, the young man roared and charged at her. Rai fired a tranq at him and right as he was about to swipe her, the tranq took effect and she easily caught him. He twitched and struggled to gain control of his body. She whispered inaudible words to him to calm him down. His labored breathing finally calmed and he laid quietly in her lap. "I promise, I will find you a pack and you will no longer have to worry about becoming a rabid." Rai stroked his long hair and he nuzzled into her lap tiredly. She smiled gently down before glaring at the mirror. She pointed a finger at it and commanded, "Bring me my tablet now, I'll fix your mess."

Rai worked patiently and diligently as the muted person on the screen instructed her through the grueling process of removing a brain tumor. Rai carefully removed small sections at a time, doing her best not to harm the wolf she was working on. Finally she looked up and her lips moved as she spoke no words to the screen. Nodding, she skillfully burned away the last of the tumor. She sighed in relief as the surgery came to a close and she wheeled out her drugged up patient.)

"You have accomplished so much in such a short amount of time. I must say, I am very impressed with you." Sebastian smiled at his prisoner. Rai did not reply as she fought to stay awake and keep him out of her head. "You can bring her back now."

~~~Day 20~~~
Rai sat with her glazed eyes staring forward. Her eyes barely moved as Sebastian stood before her. "I have a surprise for you." Sebastian motioned behind her and she heard movement and then seven new people before her. "We are going to have an audience today." She looked over to the newcomers and gasped. Her silver and gold eyes met those of her unit mates.
"No." She breathed tiredly out.
"Oh yes. Maybe they'll motivate you." During the session every time a memory cut off or did not show, one of her friends was beaten. Rai was once again torn between giving in and keeping everything locked up.

~~~Day 23~~~
"How can you let her take such a beating, both physically," Sebastian's hand slammed across Rai's cheek. "And mentally?" He asked Killian, Deklyn, and Marco as they stared in horror. Sebastian changed his methods up when he realized that Rai would still be stubborn enough to only show him less important memories. Maybe he could get information from her unit mates and still torture her. With each passing hit, blow, and memory, the Unit 13 wolves prayed that they would be found. Not for their sake, but for Rai's.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just Call My Name by Blackmore's Night is the song Marco is singing to Rai.

Since I don't know how to use italics, the () are memories.