Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

Things Don't Always Go as Planned

"We will be arriving at the drop off point in 30 minutes. Please prepare for the drop." The pilot announced over the intercom. Excitement and nervousness coursed through me as I packed up my things and headed to the area I needed to be at. I met up with Deklyn halfway there and he excitedly greeted me.
"Are you ready?" He smiled.
"You know it. I just hope I didn't forget anything, but I'm pretty sure I'm good." I had checked my medical bag at least three times and then my gun and found that I had everything I needed. We arrived at the back of the ship at the same time the other two doctors arrived.
"Alright everyone, listen up." Zane's voice boomed. "We will first break atmosphere, which will hopefully not announce our presence to the pack, and then two minuted after entering we will parachute down to the ground. Once on the ground we will track where the researchers are via their GPS's on their necklaces. There is a chance that the pack has taken off their trackers and we will have to search for them by smell and sight, so be prepared for a change in plans to stay longer than originally planned. We will do a circle formation around the doctors. Lyla and Cion," He pointed them out just in case we had forgotten, "Will scout ahead and inform us if it is clear, the researchers are there, better ways to reach their defense, etc. However, if we must enter their Den, we will respect it." He looked directly at us humans to drive the point into us. "Understand?"
I understood, a wolf's Den was a sacred place and another wolf would never desecrate it unless they wanted a death wish. "Understood, sir." I confirmed with a nod.
"Yeah, sure." The other two replied with little to no acknowledge behind it. I watched as Zane silently told Jasper and Marco to watch them and they replied with a nod.
"Alright, once we get them we will rendezvous with the pilot and head home. Be prepared for change of plans, things rarely go as planned. Understood!"
Everyone but Dr. Smith and Dr. Van Daan shouted an affirmative and prepared for the jump. Zane met with me, Deklyn, Dr. Smith, Jasper, Dr. Van Daan, and Marco to go over our portion. "You three," He pointed to us doctors, "Will jump with your guards. When on planet you will either be with them or surrounded by us. You will give the researchers a quick check up and then we will move them as quickly as possible. Just do your job and let us do ours. Get ready."
"Zane." I called as he turned.
"Yes?" He looked at me with his always observing eyes.
"If something happens to our guards, not that I'm planning on it but as you said 'things don't always go as planned,' what should we do?"
He paused for only a second and replied, "Either one of the other guardians will protect you or one of the others will. You will always be protected." I nodded and he left to get ready to jump. I turned to Deklyn and we started getting ready.
I zipped up my jumper, slipped on a pair of goggles, and strapped on the harnesses that would connect me to my jumping partner. Once I made sure everything was secure, I walked over to my friends and smiled. "Ready?"
"You know it." We were placed in the front and I was attached to him. He bend down so I could hear him. "Hold on." He guided my hand to the a rope and I held on tightly. "Don't worry about anything, I will protect you." His voice was serious and full of promise. The back hatch opened and the small area was filled with roaring winds, so I nodded and leaned into him. He counted down for me and then he threw us out of the plane. We dived to the ground and fear took hold of a part of me. I could not stop it as the realization that I had no control over what was to happen hit me. But another part of me tried to fight back, having complete confidence in Deklyn.
Once we hit a certain altitude, Deklyn pulled our parachute and we jerked back. I felt like a rag doll as I slammed into his body and then we were floating the rest of the way down. We landed less gracefully than we wanted, but neither of us got hurt and he quickly detached us. I slipped off the harnesses and jumper and we hid them in the bushes along with the parachutes. The pack formed a circle around us and Zane looked to me. I was already fishing out the tracker and pointed N, NE with coordinates being around Latitude of 234 and longitude of 119. We silently started the trek to save the researchers. When we were halfway to our destinations, Lyla and Cion were sent ahead to check out the area. They kept in contact through their com units and only reported every 10 minutes, unless danger or complications were needed to be told.
Sneaking into the Den was pretty easy. The pack must have been out getting food or something because there were no guards at the entrance of the place, then again once inside it was difficult to navigate around. There were doors upon doors and many stairwells to choose from, how Zane managed to get us to the right floor almost amazed me. Almost because he was a werewolf after all and could smell his way to our researchers.
We came to a room that held our people and Killian had to pick the lock so we could enter. "Quickly." Zane barked quietly as he and Trina kept watch. The doctors and I ran over to the researchers and started checking them out. They looked pretty rough, they had cuts and bruises all over them but seemed to have no broken bones.
"What are you doing here? Get out before they return!" Dr. Spades cried quietly, true fear was in his eyes.
"They'll kill you." Dr. Hart warned.
Deklyn and Marco hauled the two researchers up and Zane replied, "We won't let that happen. Let's go." Lyla and Cion had already gone ahead to scout the area and we quickly followed behind. We were able to make it to the first floor, the researchers had been on the sixth, when we finally hit trouble.
"Alpha *static* there are *static* find *static* way. *Static and howling*" Lyla did not reply even though Zane called to her three times and once to Cion. We turned to find an alternate way out when we found that there were wolves behind us. We ran up and out to find a fight was going on between our men and the planet's pack. I whipped out my hand gun and kept up with Deklyn as we did our best to run from the fray.
We all met up three miles away near a cave, only to find Zane, Trina, and Dr. Spade missing. We waited five minutes before coming to the decision that they had been captured. The group bickered back and forth about what to do. Jasper, Lyla, Dr. Hart, and Deklyn wanted to go back and try to retrieve them while Cion, Dr. Van Daan, Dr. Smith and Marco thought we should go to the rendezvous point and decide from there. As Beta and next in command, Killian thought hard about what to do; what was best for the pack.
As the others argued, I scooted next to Killian and looked at him. He raised an eyebrow at me as I answered, "I have an idea if you'll listen to it."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm going to play Persona 3 now, I hope you enjoyed the chapter.