Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

Nest of Legs

~~~Day 29~~~
("KAT!" Selena silently called. Her voice echoed through the mostly empty house as she entered the front hall. "KAT!" She mouthed again. Selena grumbled to herself as she walked with determination to her sister's room. Anger was set on her face as she mouthed out something along the lines of 'you were suppose to come.' "What the hell-" Selena abruptly stopped whatever she was going to say after flinging the bedroom door open. "Kat?"
Kat's room was completely void of all this personal. Unsentimental things still scattered the room, but little trinkets and possessions that Kat loved were gone. Selena stepped cautiously into the room and gave it a thorough look over with fear evident in her eyes. Soon fear was replaced with anger once again and she started tearing the room apart. She broke anything and everything she could as she released her feelings of abandonment. Only when the room looked like a hurricane passed through it, did Selena fall to her knees and scream in anguish.
Unbeknownst to her, she closed her hand around a piece of paper. She did not realize she was holding it until she jerked her hand back and saw blood start to drip out of a thin wound on her hand. She carelessly wiped her hand on her pants and picked up the culprit of her cut. Her learned eyes quickly scanned the note and seconds later crumpled and threw it away from her. Selena began to scream-

A young Selena sat impatiently at the window, watching rain drops race each other down the window. She scowled unhappily, eager to play outside. Jay walked over and tried to cheer her up, but she would have none of it. She crossed her arms over her new dress and shook her head, causing her wavy hair to swish back and forth. Jay smiled and tried to pull his sister out of her seat, but she fought tooth and nail to stay and pout. Finally he stopped and sighed dramatically right before an evil smile crossed over his features. Without hesitation, he scooped to her so her knees rested on his shoulder and her feet bumped his back. As much as Selena fought it, she could not help but smile and laugh at her brother's antics. He walked to their living room where Kat waited patiently with a virtual board game for the three siblings to play.
Jay carefully dropped Selena on the ground and sat cross legged so Selena could climb into his lap. Once situated in her nest of legs, Selena settled down, ready to play-)

"Get out of my fucking head!" Rai snapped as the screen went blank.
"But it is so much fun. I am learning so much about you and so are your unit mates. I bet they did not know this much about you."
"I wonder why." She growled all the while breathing heavily with sweaty dripping down her face.
"And that is why I like you Rai, even though you have had some tough times you keep going."
"Then why don't you help make my life less terrible and let me go? End this stupid war that's making other people's lives terrible."
"First, it is the government that brought this war upon themselves and secondly," He leaned closer, "I am a sadist Rai, I want to see you break apart and never be able to recover. I want to know that after everything you have been through, I am the reason you are completely and utterly destroyed."
"You're crazy."
"More than that dear." Sebastian turned, "Another 5cc please."
"I'm going to end you!" Rai snarled viciously right before freezing up and fighting against the concoction.

(Selena paced the atrium of a flat that was bare but lived in. She only paused when she heard someone approaching her. Jay was dressed up in the standard military uniform of a W Unit member.
Selena frowned a bit as she looked at him and sadness crossed through her eyes. Jay looked up from his bag and smiled reassuringly at his sister. Selena asked Jay a question and he nodded with a mix of excitement and sadness in his emotional eyes. He opened his arms wide and Selena flew into them. The pair held on tight to each other, trying hard to freeze this moment until they were both ready to face reality.
But all too soon the moment was over and Jay pulled away. He kissed his sister's forehead and went to pick up his bag-
The siblings stood across the street from the W post Jay would be stationed at. Selena kicked at the ground and her head tilted forward, trying to hold in the tears that wanted to fall to the ground. Jay leaned down and with his index finger lifted her head so they were eye to eye. His lips moved with a smile, telling her that all would be fine and that he would see her soon. Selena nodded her head right before he kissed her one last time and turned to walk over to a soldier that held authority. She watched him bare his neck to his Alpha and turn to wave. Selena mimicked him and then turned away-)

~~~Day 32~~~
(Selena stood in uniform with the rest of the graduating class. Her eyes looked over the crowd carefully to find no one she knew or at least cared about. She sighed, unhappy with the fact that her family was not there but surprise did not show over her face. She waited patiently as faceless people spoke and told the class they were the future.
The class started to stand, walk and sit as the diplomas were handed to their recipient. With confident strides, Selena walked over the head of the school, shook his hand, took her diploma, and crossed the stage. Once in position for the graduation picture, she waited until the machine had counted down before pointing at the piece of paper that made it official that she was a doctor and a grin that said 'fuck yeah I'm 16 and a doctor.' Parents gave her a disapproving looks as she walked away and back to her seat. She merely smirked as she went by with a raised brow questioning them to why they fucking cared-

"So, anything exciting happen while I've been away?" Rai asked, placing the dirty dishes in the sink.
"Not really. It's been pretty quiet around here. You?" Kyle asked as he washed.
She shrugged, "Been on missions mostly. Still as infamous as ever for my love of wolves. Oh! My friend is having or had," She frowned, not having talked to Chezza in a few months, "A baby and I finally met her husband."
"Really?" His face lit up.
"Yeah. I'm kind of jealous."
"And why's that wolf eyes?"
"Think about it Kyle, I live on a Phoenix as a W Unit's doctor. Not only does it kind of put a halt on dating, but it isn't exactly the atmosphere you want to be pregnant in. If you recall, I was held hostage here the first time I met you."
"Okay, so your job isn't ideal for having kids. You could retire or switch to working at a post or hospital."
Rai leaned with her butt on the counter top and looked down, "I was a hospital doctor before I volunteered to be the unit's doctor... I don't think I could go back to that, or at least not yet. I adore my job too much right now to step down, plus I think there'd be mutiny if I tried."
"Even if you told them it was because you wanted to have a baby?" He raised a brow at his friend.
Rai laughed, "Okay maybe not. I'd need to find a man first."
"Wolf eyes, with your looks all you would have to do is say Hi and a guy would do you in a heart beat."
She rolled her eyes, "Thanks for that image. But if I'm going have a baby, I want it with a guy I'm in love with or someone I trust."
"Don't we all." Kyle smiled kindly, but then it turned into a grin, "Have anyone in mind?" He nudged her.
Rai chuckled, "Maaaybe."-

Selena hummed to herself as she cooked breakfast. She knew her brother and a pack mate got home late the night before, long after she went to bed, thus she decided to surprise them with some food. She was so wrapped up in her own little world that she did not hear some one enter the kitchen.
"You must be Selena." Selena nearly threw the pan she was using as she jolted from surprise. She turned to find a young man a few years older than her sitting at the kitchen table.
"Ah, hey." She stammered.
The young man gave a small nod and stood, "Zane Aldwin, I'm in the same unit as Jay."
"Hi." Selena smiled, "I've heard quite a bit about you from Jay's letter, well all of you but the same none the less. Hope you like omelettes."
"Who doesn't?" Jay grinned as he sauntered into the kitchen. "Extra meat for me please." He grinned. "So how was your night?"
"Quiet, caught up on my homework."
"You're graduating next year, correct?" Zane asked as he helped Jay set the table.
"Yep." Selena chirped, scooping up a fattened blanket of egg. "I can't wait. How'd you know?"
"How does anyone in the unit know? This guy won't stop bragging about you."
Jay growled playfully, "So what, I'm just extremely proud for her. My little sister growing up so fast." He pretended to wipe a tear away.
"So melodramatic. Breakfast is ready." Selena placed the plates down and took a seat. Jay and Zane's eyes burned amber at each other for a minute before returning to their memory color.)
♠ ♠ ♠
See Rai did meet Zane long ago =D

http://data.whicdn.com/images/47063108/1622542141hobbit-movie-aiden-turner_thumb.jpg -younger Zane