Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

Your Sister

~~~Day 35~~~
(Selena was still wearing her graduation uniform when her parents arrived home late that night. The fight almost started immediately. Selena had left her graduation certificate on the counter and once her father saw it, he started yelling. His daughter barely has time to step into the kitchen before Dr. Bright-Knight started cursing at her. Veins made themseles prominent on his head and neck from all of his yelling.-)

The screen flickered as the memory skipped rapidly through the time frame. The only indication that time was moving was the position of the shadows as they darkened from white to sepia to finally black.

("You Are Not Becoming a Wolf Doctor!" Dr. Bright-Knight yelled and threw the diploma off the counter.
Selena glared as she retrieved her much deserved laminated peice of paper. "I am and you can't stop me." She shot back.
"I can and I will."
"Oh how so? They will not give up a chance to have a willing doctor in that department even if you are the great Dr. Bright-Knight!"
"Hold your tongue young lady. Just because you are a doctor now does not mean you can run your mouth like some street kid from the 21st Century!"
"Street kid or not, I am working in the Werewolf department of the hospital starting in three days." Selena grabbed her coat and headed to the door.
"You walk out that door and start working with those monsters then you are no longer part of this family!"
"You are going to disown me just because I want to work and help werewolves?"
"They are monsters and we are not... soiling ourselves by working with them."
"Oh and what about Jay?"
"What of him?"
"You disown him because he joined the army?"
"Not because he joined the army, because he became a monster."
Selena's temper finally broke, "He's more human than you'll ever be, gaurinn." She spun on her heels and headed headed to the door.
"Walk out and you are no longer welcomed in this home." Dr. Bright-Knight growled.
Selena glared as she turned her head to her father, "This place was never a home anyway. Screw you."-

Selena walked with determination to the W Post. The guard outside stopped her and asked why she was there. "Is," She cleared her throat of emotions, "Is W Unit 101 here?"
"What is your business with the unit if they are?"
"My brother is part of it and I need to talk to him. His name's Jay, Jayce Night."
"One moment please miss, stay here." Selena waited as the man walked inside.
A few minutes later, Jay walked out from behind the building and called, "Ally-Rai?" Within seconds Selena crashed into him. "What's wrong?"
"I graduated today." She smiled as tears dripped down her face. "And then I proceeded to get into a fight with dad and got kicked out of the house. Congratulations to me!" Jay wrapped his arms around her.
"I'm so proud of you Ally-Rai. Screw them."
Selena laughed a little as she continued to cry, "I called dad a gaurinn."
"That's my baby sister."-)

"Just for shits and giggles, never really understood that saying, but anyway, what's a fond memory of you and your shipmate?" Sebastian baited.

(Rai walked slowly through the woods to find her friends romping around. She smiled as some of them came up to greet her. She smiled happily as she ran her fingers through their long colorful fur. Once satisfied that they received enough attention, they ran of to wrestle. She watched them with both wonder and awe until she settled down with one large one pressed up against her leg and a few others scattered about her.-)

"Beautiful." Sebastian's smile turned sinister.

~~Day 36~~~
Rai was exhausted, more so than any other day. She had not eaten in three days, usually they feed her ever two days, and they were extra vigilant in making sure she got as little sleep as possible. Everything about her screamed to just give in, but she was a fighter. Has been for a very long time and that would not changed now. However, her mental defenses had been cracking far worse than she could ever have imagined.
"Hello Rai." Rai looked up from heavy eyelids to see Sebastian in front of her as per usual. "Ready for a very interesting day?"
"Gaurinn."
Sebastian laughed before saying, "What's a fond memory for you?" Without thinking, the movie of Rai's past started.

("Ally-Raaaaai." Jay sang as he picked a seven year old Selena up and began spinning her around.
"JAY!" Selena giggled as she held her arms out. "I love you Jay!" She threw her arms around his neck and snuggled in closer.
""I love you too baby girl and I'll always protect you."
"Promise?" Selena pouted.
"Promise." He kissed her forehead-)

"What's your worst?" Rai gasped.

(*BANG*)

"All of it, from the beginning." Sebastian's voice slithered through Rai's head.

(Rai walked down down the hall in a hurry, carrying dozens of folders in her arms. She quickly swiped her ID and entered, looking down at her pile. "Dr. Larson, here are your files."
"Yeah, yeah, put them over there." The woman waved her hand, not leaving the glass she was staring at. Selena walked over and placed four folders on the desk. She turned to leave when something crashed into the glass. Selena jumped and dropped the remaining folders on the ground.
"What the hell was that?" She looked over to see crazed amber eyes glaring into the window. The man's face was twisted into a grotesque mix between human and wolfen features. The feral wolf clawed at the glass and snarled, no humanity shining through. Rai's eyes widened as she pushed the doctor and her three assistants out of the way and whispered. "Jay?" The wolf pounded on the glass some more and let out a heart breaking howl.
Rai turned with a glare pointed at Dr. Larson. "What the hell is wrong with him?"
"What does it matter, he's a wolf. Leave us be newbie." Dr. Larson dismissed and went back to observing her experiment.
"No!" Rai grabbed the doctor bu her collar and grinded out, "What the fuck have you done to him? What have you done to my brother!"
Dr. Larson froze. "Your-"
"Yes, tell me now!"
"I didn't-" Rai pushed Dr. Larson out of the way and stalked to her desk. She rifled through the the papers to find a specific folder. "What do you think you are-"
"You never assigned him a new Alpha!?" Rai cried. "What the fuck were you thinking? Wolves need an Alpha!"
Dr. Larson straightened up, "We were conducting an experiment."
"On how long it takes a wolf to become feral?"
"Actually yes."
"Are you insane? Do you know how much pain he's in?"
"Pain?" The doctor scoffed. "He's a wolf doctor, don't forget that."
"He's a person, he has feelings like you and me!"
"Whatever. You are dismissed Doctor." Dr. Larson snapped and turned to observe again. Glaring at the woman who caused her brother so much pain, she swiped the pistol that was laying carelessly on the desk. "What do you think you are doing?"
"What you should have done." Rai snapped and bolted from the room. She quickly swiped her ID at the door to her brother's room and cautiously stepped into the room. "Jay?" The wolf turned to look at Rai with unseeing eyes. Rai's heart broke as she saw nothing of her brother left. "Jay, it's me, Ally-Rai. Your sister." He cocked his head, listening to her voice. All of a sudden he howled at her and crouched, clawed fingers flexing. Drool dripped from his open chops as snarls emanated from his mouth. "Jay." Rai whispered right before things fell apart.
Jay howled one last time before he bounded towards Rai. All the time he ran, claws extended and everything, he roared as if going in for a kill. Without hesitation, Rai lifted the gun and fired. *Bang*
Jay collapsed to the ground with a bullet hole through his forehead. Blood began to pool around him as Rai let the gun clatter to the ground and ran to her brother. Her uniform began to soak up the blood as she chanted Jay's name over and over, watching Jay's amber eyes shift back to their two different colors and his feature return to normal. Rai fell on top of her brother screaming as tears flowed down her face.

Jay's body flew backwards as the bullet impacted his forehead, instantly killing him.

Rai pulled the trigger, killing her brother

*BANG*

*BANG*

*BANG*)

The room was silent as the memory played in a loop. Rai could not stop it, it was her one greatest weakness. She knew that if she ever let herself think of that day, she would relive it and never be able to stop it. It took her years to finally build up a wall that rarely let pieces of that memory leak through and in only a month this man had managed to destroy it.
She could not hear her friend's hesitant voices call to her, her eyes glued to the screen as her brother continued to die. Her breathing sped up each time blood spattered from his head. Finally, everything became too much and she shut down; Sebastian finally broke her.
"Sebastian!" One of his underlings cried frantically. "The machine, it can't-" He never finished as the machine blew up, causing everyone to fly about like a leaf on the wind.
♠ ♠ ♠
The government bastards! Rai's secret is finally out.