Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

Mass of Bodies

I gasped awake to find Deklyn's head on my stomach, Lyla curled up on my side, and Rory's arm and legs touching some part of me. I perched myself up on my elbows and looked at the array of people on my bed. "You okay?" Was whispered just loud enough for me to hear.
I looked over to my doorway to find Zane leaning on the frame. "Nightmare. When did they arrive?" I distinctly remembered going to been alone.
"Probably a little while ago." He walked over and sat at the edge of my bed.
"Oh. I didn't even notice."
"Do you want to talk about it?"
I shook my head. "No, it's okay. I don't really remember it anyway." I slowly slid up my bed until I was leaning against the headboard. Rory whimpered quietly in his sleep and while still asleep Lyla shifted to comfort him as I started stroking his hair. "Are you going to sleep in here as well?" I grinned as I shifted my eyes to look at Zane.
"Only if you want me too. I came to make sure you were okay." He looked at me evenly.
I looked down at all the wolves in my bed, "You don't have too. I have a small party here, but if you think my nightmares might send you back in here you might as well."
Zane chuckled, "Yes or no Rai. You won't hurt my feelings if you tell me no."
I could feel my cheeks burn red as I muttered, "Please stay." I'd never admit this allowed, but I felt better with more people around; I felt less alone.
"Alright. Now get back to sleep, we have training tomorrow."
"Fine, if I must." I grinned as I slid back down to rest my head on my pillow. I looked over to my right to watch Zane try to fanangle himself into a sleeping position. "You sure you can find a comfortable position to sleep in?"
"Of course, this isn't my first time trying to fit half a dozen wolves onto a small bed." Zane angled himself so curved around Deklyn and his head was a few inches from mine. Deklyn shifted, pressing his legs against Zane's. "You sure, you are comfortable?"
"Yeah, though I may get heat stroke with all your warm bodies all over me."
"Pull off the covers." Zane yawned quietly.
"Eh." I replied as my eyelids drooped down. "I'm fine."
"Good night Rai." Zane whispered as he settled down; his hand resting softly on my shoulder.
"Night Zane." I slurred as sleep once again took me.
I woke the next morning to something roughly scratching into my stomach. I groaned and pushed at the mop of hair. "Deeeek." I whined, "Stop, you're giving me scruff burn on my stomach."
"But, Zane's being mean." Deklyn complained back.
"Zane, stop being mean."
"I'm not, it's time for Deklyn to get up so he can eat and then train." Zane's voice replied back somewhere to my right.
"Dek, follow Alpha man's orders or no food for you." I mumbled, my eyes still not opening.
"Rai, you're suppose to be on my side." I could hear the pout in Deklyn's voice.
"I am, but if you don't eat now, you'll vomit bile when you train."
"Rai! Only you would make someone get up in that way." Suddenly Deklyn's weight was gone and the bed shifted as he got off.
"Rai, you should wake up too if you want to train with us." Zane said as I heard feet shuffle out of my room.
"I'll be there in five." I turned and dug my head into my pillow.
"Fine, if you aren't I'm sending Lyla in to wake you."
"You evil man!" I cried. Zane merely laughed as he exited my room to head to the dining hall. After a few minutes of laying in bed, I finally rolled off and landed on the floor. Using every bit of strength I had, I got up and changed into a sprots bra, shorts, slipped on my training sneakers, and topped the outfit off with a sweater. I quickly brushed my hair and put in my contacts and headed out to get food.
"Morning sleepy head." Lyla grinned as she walked past me with a warm plate of delicious looking food.
"Mornin'." I yawned.
"Aww, why you still sleepy? You got to sleep in later than us."
"Maybe it was the mass of bodies in my room last night. If it's happening again, I'm sleepin naked." I went to the island and started filling my plate with some meat, toast, and fruit.
"May I join?" Lyla grinned mischievously.
"I don't care, I've seen ya'll naked enough times it doesn't phase me. However, no sexual conduct will be had in my bed."
"What if said sexual conduct is done by you?"
"Then there will be no audience."
"Aww boo." Lyla grinned until I flicked her on the head as I walked by. "Hey!"
"So, when did everyone decide to join me last night?" I asked once I sat down next to Trina and Deklyn.
"I don't know when everyone else did, but I came in I think around 2." Deklyn replied right before stuffing a fork full of ham in his mouth.
"So you were my first visitor?"
"Yep." He smiled. "You were thrashing a bit."
"We came in a little while later. Dek mumbled to us, but was basically passed out." Rory said.
"Sorry for waking you." I looked at them apologetically.
"Don't be, you've comforted us plenty of times in the past now it's our turn." Rory gave a toothy smile.
"I guess." I sighed.
"When'd you arrive Zane?" Deklyn asked.
"Hmm... around 5 I think. I wasn't really paying attention." He replied as he finished his breakfast. "Be in the training room in ten minutes." He got up and headed out of the room.
"So you're joining us today?" Rory asked.
"Yup. I need something to do." I grinned. Almost ten minutes later, the unit walked down to the training room where we started to warm up. First we started off with stretching individually, then in pairs, and then we jogging around the room.
I ended up being paired with Christoph, one of the Bonebreaker wolves. I stripped off my sweater and then stood before my partner. We bowed to each other, got into fighting stances, and began sparring. It had been a while since I trained with the pack last, but after a few minutes of being thrown to the ground, I got into the swing of things again. As time passed, I was able to evade more attacks and I also managed to knock Christoph down a few times. Of course being a human against a wolf meant I got my butt handed to me quite a few times. One particular instance, Christoph managed to flip me onto the mat and knocked the wind out of me.
"Shit, Rai are you okay?" Christoph asked as he knelt beside me. I couldn't talk as I tried to catch my breath again. "Rai?"
"Everyone keep going." Zane called as he walked over to me. "Hey Rai, deep breaths. Theta Chris, help me get her into a sitting position." Christoph nodded and they carefully got me sitting.
Within a few moments, I was breathing deeply again, "Thanks." I got out, continuing to suck in air.
"Sorry." Christoph apologized, looking like a child who had just broken an expensive vase.
"It's good." I smiled as my breathing became stable once again.
"You okay now?" Zane asked and I nodded. "Alright, just remember to be careful Chris."
"Will do." Zane nodded and went back to monitoring the other sparring groups.
I slowly got up and walked a little to see if I would get out of breath. Christoph watched me as I made a figure 8 and then stop in front of him. "Alright, I'm solar. Let's continue."
"You sure? I flipped you pretty hard."
"Yeah." I got into a fighting stance and he quickly followed suit. We sparred each other for another fifteen minutes before Zane had a switch partners. This time around I ended up with Jasper. Where I was all agility, Jasper was all power. He didn't try to do fancy moves, instead he went in and pushed you to defend yourself. I found it difficult to go on the offensive and ended up more often than not dodging away or deflecting a punch or kick. By the end of our training session, I was covered in new bruises and gleaming with sweat. We finished with a one minute walk around the room and then stretching.
"Hey Rai, where are you going?" Deklyn asked.
"Going to the infirmary for some painkillers." I replied.
"You alright?"
"Yeah, just got my ass handed to me one too many times." I grinned. "I'll see ya later." I waved and headed to see Dr. Samara. "Hey Doc." I greeted as I walked into the sterile environment.
"Hello Rai- Holy shit are you okay?" Her eyes were the size of saucers.
I chuckled, "Yeah, just trained with the unit. Have any painkillers?"
"Yeah, hold on." She started fishing through a cabinet. "They really don't care that you're human, do they?"
"Actually this is them pulling back. Well, mostly pulling back, I think I have a bruise on my back from when Christoph was a little to zealous about flipping me."
"Be careful Rai, you don't have super healing like everyone else."
"I know, believe me. Thanks." I downed the pills and took a swig of water. "You should come some time."
"No thank you. I like not having bruises all over my body thank you."
"It's not that bad."
"Riiight. I also don't want to encroach on their territory."
"We're the ones who asked you to come on, I don't think they'd feel like you were encroach."
"Nonetheless, I'm a strange human on this ship. I know when not to overstep my boundaries."
"I think you're wrong, but who am I to argue. I'll see you later Dr. Samara, thanks for the drugs."
"Anytime and please be careful."
"I will." I headed out to go and take a much needed shower.
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=92511320 -Rai's workout outfit