Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

That Sounds a Bit Selfish

And so my plan is the reason Deklyn and I are covered in deer guts. At the moment we were trying to sneak up on Jasper, Killian, Lyla, and Cion while hiding our scents with the the deer's. Don't worry, it was already dead by the time we cringed and rubbed ourselves on it. It was quite disgusting, but necessary to see if we could sneak up on the enemy pack and get our men back as safely as possible.
So we crept through the shrubbery and on the count of three we pounced on Cion and Killian, much to their surprise. "How'd we do?" Deklyn asked after moving away from Jasper.
"Well, we definitely did not smell Your distinct scents if that is what you're asking." Killian replied. I was already away from him and regrouping with Deklyn.
"So do you think this plan will work?" I asked apprehensively. I thought it could work, but it doesn't mean They do. They would know better than me after all.
Killian thought a moment and replied, "I do. Where did you get all... covered?" They all looked grossed out by me and Deklyn, but would not hesitate to deck themselves out in blood and guts to rescue their pack mates.
"About a two minute jog NE. You can't miss the dead deer." Deklyn instructed. The wolves nodded and headed toward the deer while I inserted Xantrin needles into my specialized sniper rifle's stock.
"What's that?" Deklyn asked as he looked curiously at my strange needles.
"They're Xantrin needles." He looked at me dumbfounded and I explained further. "Xantrin is a paralyzing agent researchers have recently found. They were able to make it into needle form so our soldiers could paralyze enemies or in our case werewolves and get away safely without actually killing anyone. We don't use it often, but I prefer it.
"I'm going to coat anyone's claws that are able to hold the shift with it. So all you guys have to do is cut and go, not actually fight. It'll make this rescue mission fast and easy as long as you don't cut yourself or a teammate. I have the antidote, but that will still take an hour or so to reverse all of the paralysis."
"You have this all thought out don't you?" He remarked amused.
I shrugged, "I don't like killing, so traquing or using Xantrin is what I would rather use than bullets."
"Ready?" Killian asked as he and the rest of the pack returned all bloody and gross.
"Yes, sir." Deklyn gave a sharp nod.
"I only request one more thing as part of the plan." I produced a translucent blue filled bottle and held it up. "Whoever is able to hold a shift, I'd like to put this on your claws. It's Xantrin and will paralyze anyone you cut. It'll make the mission faster and somewhat safer as long as you don't cut yourself or one of our men."
Killian nodded and turned to explain what was going to happen, "This is what's going to happen: Cion, Lyla, and myself will receive the Xantrin on our claws. Lyla, you can hold correct?" She nodded, she's been a wolf for four years now and could control her shifts well. "Jasper, you're on rescue duty, I want you to cut everyone free and get them out. Rai and Deklyn?"
"We will be on the hill watching over you guys. I will snipe anyone who gets to close to any of you, are causing you problems, or tries to hurt our men. If you need me to come down just signal me and I'll be down soon. I can give you the antidote to the Xantrin once everything is said and done."
"Okay, everyone got that?" Killian asked. Everyone replied with an affirmative and we headed out.
As Jasper was passing me, he quietly warned, "Don't get in our way." Deklyn growled, but I placed a hand on his arm and we followed after the pack. Once we got within a half a mile to where our men were, I dipped the claws in Xantrin and Deklyn and I headed on our own.
We waited quietly and I watched as Unit 13 got into place to attack. They managed to get close to the open area our guys were kept and with a quiet signal, they attacked. Jasper was the last to enter the fray and I focused most of my attention on him since he did not have the paralyzing agent to aid him. Zane and Trina looked pretty surprised to see our men enter the field, but were ready to help once they were free. I ended up firing 7 needles before the fighting was over, with all of their men paralyzed and our men only with minor cuts from the scuffle. I got signaled down and I ran to them; Dr. Spades had a broken tibia, some broken ribs, and losing a lot of blood from it.
I tossed Deklyn a bottle of Syonplaxon, the reversing agent, and instructed him to dip the packs claws in it for 3 seconds each. I then slid next to Dr. Spades and smiled down at him. "Hey Dr. Spades, how you doing?"
"Just peachy." He replied wryly.
"Oh that's the spirit, sarcasm is a guys best friend. Now I'm going to set your leg and trust me, it's going to hurt like an antelope being pounced on by a lion. So sit back, relax, and try not to flail." I turned to Zane and pointed. He quickly held the researcher down as I reset his bone. The man cried out in pain and was on the verge of passing out. "Can't pass out on me yet doctor, ye may neva wake from the darkness again." I rummaged through one of my and produced just enough bandages to wrap his leg with two sticks for a brace. "You're going to be okay doctor, now excuse me got more patients." Zane looked at me curiously as I called to Deklyn and he threw me the bottle of Syonplaxon. "One minute!" I called to the group and quickly went to each of the world's downed pack member and applied the reversing agent to their wounds.
I finally got to the Alpha and he looked at me strangely; a mix of anger and curiosity. "Why are you doing this? Helping us?"
I looked up as I gently applied the agent, "Two reasons: 1. I don't like killing so we paralyzed you and if we just left you here it'll take 5 hours to wear off and in that time you could die. 2. Maybe one day we could have an alliance or you could help us if we need it. A favor you could say."
"That sounds a bit selfish." He smirked.
I shrugged, "Eh, selfish or not, in about an hour you can go on your merry way while we will be out of your hair. Later... What's your name?"
He looked at me seriously for a moment and replied, "Alpha Josiah Bonebreaker."
I smiled as I got up, "Nice ta meet ya Alpha Josiah. Maybe see you around, later." I trotted next to Deklyn and nodded a ready. With the doctor on Jasper's back, we started the run back to the rendezvous point where everyone else was waiting.
"We have an hour to make it back to the ship?" Zane asked as we ran.
I panted out, "No, we have an hour until Alpha Josiah is no longer paralyzed, they'd still have to run to catch up and by then we will be gone."
"What about the researcher, he's in pretty bad condition."
"Maybe, but he has me and two other doctors. He'll be fine. We'll take care of him while we're in flight."
♠ ♠ ♠
Xantrin and Syonplaxon are not real, I just made them up.