Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

Private Channel

We were a month away from Central Prime when Dr. Samara was hailed by one of our sister ships. "Dr. Samara." The Alpha greeted when we answered.
"Hello Alpha Britain. How can I help you?" Dr. Samara asked as we crowded around the screen.
"One of my Theta's is sick, we need your assistance if the Aldwin Pack can spare you."
Dr. Samara turned to look at Zane. "We're all fine here. Dr. Samara can board your ship as soon as possible." Zane replied.
"Thank you. Normally I would take care of this, but she is not getting better." Concern was written all over Alpha Britain's face.
"How far away are you?"
"Two hours max."
"Change course towards us and we will send a shuttle over."
"Thank you Alpha Aldwin. We shall see you soon." Alpha Britain logged off and everyone went into motion to prepare the shuttle for Dr. Samara's departure. I helped Trina, Lyla, and Jasper prep the shuttle, while Deklyn and Rory assisted the doctor. By the time the other ship approached Myrra, everything was all set. Lyla and Jasper climbed into the shuttles pilot and navigator seats as Dr. Samara bid us farewell and strapped herself in the back.
"So now that she's on the other ship, does that reinstate me as doctor?" I asked as we watched the shuttle fly.
"You wish." Zane replied. "Nice try."
"Worth a shot."
"You are still on leave until we return to Central Prime."
"Aye aye sir." I frowned.
"You just need to survive one more month."
"But that's 31 days away or 744 hours."
"You'll be fine. Now come on, we have to finish our training session."

Time went on and we managed to keep ourselves occupied for another two weeks. Life almost became another routine where we'd wake up, eat, train, go our separate ways for a while, eat, and then end up in the Den where we'd all end up falling asleep. Even Trina and Jasper joined in. As crazy as it made me at times to have nothing to do, I enjoyed it. As per usual though, everything fell apart around our little pack. We were two weeks away from Central Prime when I received a distressed call from Chezza.
I was in the infirmary getting some heating pads for my sore muscles when my tablet started beeping. I hooked it up to the main screen and hit accept as I continued to look for the heating pads we rarely used. "Rai-Rai!" Chezza's voice stopped me in my tracks.
I quickly turned to see a fuzzy picture of her, "Chezza are you okay?"
"Ally, where are you?"
"Ah, I'm not really sure. We're about two weeks from Central Prime."
"Don't go!" Chezza kept looking around as she spoke to me.
"Chez, where are you? Is everyone okay?"
"Andy and Sonya are fine, it's you who is in trouble. You have to hide Rai, you and the unit. W Unit 13 is wanted for treason!" I could just make out tears dripping down her face.
I knew my face was pale, "Stay on, I'll be right back."
"Rai!" Chezza's voice followed after me as I ran down the hall. "Zane!" I shouted as I ran. I slid to a halt in front of him, Killian, Trina, and Deklyn.
"Rai, what's wrong?" Zane asked startled.
"No time." I grabbed his hand and started back towards the infirmary.
"Killian, with me, everyone else stay here." Zane called as I dragged him. "Rai, what the hell is going on?" He growled as we stopped in front of Chezza. "Chezza?" Now he was confused.
"Zane! You mustn't go to Central Prime." Chezza cried.
"We're... We're wanted... for tre... treason." I huffed out.
"What?!" Zane's eyes shot up to Chezza.
She nodded, "There are whispers that when W Unit 13 arrives, you are to arrested. I don't know why, but all of you are to be tried for treason."
"What should we do Zane?" Killian asked.
Zane was quiet as he thought, "We'll head back to Xenon and think of a plan from there. Chezza, I know this is a lot to ask, but can you find out as much as possible and pass it on to us?"
"I'll try." She nodded.
"If it gets too dangerous, stop. It's not worth risking Andy and Sonya." I said.
"I'll do my best. Your brother-in-law might be better at getting information than me."
"I'll find a way to contact him. For now, crypted messages like when we were younger, okay?"
"I'm sorry I can't do more."
"Don't worry about it, you've done enough by just warning us. Thank you." Zane bowed his head to Chezza.
"Anytime, I must go. Farewell and be safe." Chezza disconnected.
I looked to Zane, "Have we done anything against the rules?"
"Not that I can remember."
"Not even when we were hostage?" Referring to Killian and me.
"No. As much as some of us wanted to tear into any resistance fighter to find out where you were, we stayed in control and found you on our own."
"Okay."
"We should tell everyone. Let's meet in the dining hall." We turned to go, but Killian put a hand on Zane's shoulder.
"We should tell one of our ally packs that we are breaking off so they don't go on alert." Killian suggested.
"Yes, I'll think of what to say while we tell the unit about this new development." We gathered everyone into the dining hall and broadcasted it to Krynos. "Half an hour ago Chezza contacted Rai to inform her that we, W Unit 13, are to be arrested for treason." Half the pack looked at Zane in shock while the other half growled their dismay. "At the moment we are unsure what treasonous act we have performed, but Chezza is going to try and find out as much as she can and pass it on to us. For now we are going to run and stay out of the government's hand. Our plan right now is to return the Bronebreaker wolves back to Alpha Josiah so they don't get caught up in this." Zane looked to the Bonebreaker wolves and said, "You are not part of the unit, therefore you should not have to worry about being taken in. The government doesn't really know that you have temporarily joined my pack, so you should be safe."
"We can't leave you in this way!" David, the wolf that knew my brother, argued.
"You are and you will. I promised Alpha Josiah that I would bring you back and I will. You can discuss your disagreement with your Alpha when we arrive on Xenon. Any questions?"
"Won't the fleet find it odd that we just suddenly left?" Jasper asked.
"I plan on informing Alpha Lapsyn about our departure, but without too much information as to why so she does not have to lie." The unit talked for about a half an hour more before Zane dismissed the group. "Wait, Rai." I turned and waited. "Can you set up a private channel so no one outside of Leanne and I can hear it?"
"I should be able to. Give me an hour and it should be all set up."
"Get to it as soon as you can."
"On it." I started down the hall to the command room and began coding and encrypting a specialized channel for Zane. By the time he came up next to me, I had mostly created an impenetrable channel.
"How's it going?" He looked at the screen, but could make no sense of it.
"Almost finished. A hacker will have to go through 73 layers in order to start listening in on your conversation. Hopefully by then you'll have finished everything."
"73 layers?" Killian looked at me surprised.
I shrugged, "I wanted to make sure it was as private as possible. My computer has 112 layers with surprises in between each layer."
"Surprises?"
"I had a little too much fun creating my firewalls." I grinned.
"Alright, please hail Leanne for me please." Zane requested and stood up straight with Killian to his right.
"Hailing." I informed as I sent out a communication request.
Twenty seconds later Alpha Lapsyn answered. "Alpha Lapsyn."
"Hello Alpha Lapsyn." Zane greeted formally.
Alpha Lapsyn looked hard at Zane, turned to dismiss whoever was in the room, and turned back to us. "Zane, what is this about? You rarely speak to me so formally."
"I have something very important to talk to you about and only you can be aware fully of the situation."
"This sounds serious."
"I fear mortally so."
Alpha Lapsyn groaned, "What kind of shit have you gotten yourself into? Better question, how did you get into such serious trouble traveling through space with no detours?"
"Unfortunately, we are unsure at this time as to what we did."
"Alright, tell me everything you know."
"You must keep this information between you and I. You can't tell anyone, not even your Beta unless it is absolutely necessary."
"Understood."
"We were informed recently that my pack is wanted for treason." Alpha Lapsyn's gasped as Zane continued, "We aren't sure why, but from what was heard, we are to be arrested as soon as we arrive on Central Prime."
"That's absurd, you've done nothing. At least as far as I know." Her eyes narrowed at us.
"As far as we know, we've done nothing wrong. However, I will not let my pack suffer through that without some knowledge as to what we've done. Therefore, I am first going to return the four wolves that are tentatively in my pack back to theirs and then figure out what to do from there."
"Are you sure that is a good idea? Running away makes you look guilty."
Zane sighed, "I know, but I won't let the Bonebreaker wolves get arrested. After I return them home safely, We'll decide what our next course of action will be."
"What do you want me to do? You wouldn't be telling me this if you didn't need something from me."
"We're going to be breaking away from the group, we need you to reassure the other ships that everything is fine."
"I'm not going to lie. There are wolves loyal to the government and will tell the Council if I am lying."
"Tell them we decided to drop off some volunteer wolves since we were close to their planet. When we return we want to be able to start a new mission instead of flying to Central Prime and then heading back to their planet and then finally start our next mission." I piped in.
"Is that what is really happening?"
"We are going to drop off volunteer wolves to their planet."
"What planet?"
"Their planet." I smiled until she nodded, finally understanding.
"Okay. Anything else?"
"If you hear anything about what is happening, please call us on this secure channel. We really are going blind at this point." Zane said.
"I will try."
"Thank you, Leanne."
"No problem, just be careful. Contact me if you need anything." She volunteered sincerely.
"We will. Farewell and be safe."
"You too." Leanne disconnected, leaving the three of us alone.
"When should we change course?" I asked typing away at the console.
"Do it now. I don't want to waste time. Go normal speed until we are far enough away that speeding up won't look suspicious."
"Will do." I connected to Krynos and informed him, "Krynos, I'm going to be taking over the controls for a little while so I can re-route Myrra. Okay?"
"That is fine, Miss Rai." Krynos replied.
"Thank you. You will have full control in a little while." I started typing away as Zane and Killian remained behind my chair to watch. "Zane?" I asked as I started inputting the coordinates to Xenon.
"Yes?" I could hear some anxiety in his voice.
"What are we going to do with Myrra? We can't run with her, the government will just hunt us down. But we also can't just ditch her either. She's family."
"...I don't know yet. I want her safe, but at the moment I'm only thinking as far as getting us safely to Xenon."
"If we had a bigger shuttle, we could hide easily that way. Use that to cruise about, but the pack would never survive in such close quarters and we can't just ditch Myrra and Krynos."
"I know. We'll decide what to do after we reach Xenon." Killian rested a hand on Zane's shoulder as both of them watched me plot our new route.
♠ ♠ ♠
The last arch of this story... enjoy =)