Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

Forced to Show

We arrived with a greeting party waiting patiently for us. Some wolves shook with excitment, but didn't move until Josiah made the first move. "Welcome!" He smiled as he walked confidently towards us. "I was afraid you weren't coming back." There was a minor threat left unsiad.
"I said I would bring them back, I always follow through. Hello Alpha Josiah." Zane nodded and stopped a couple feet away.
"Hello ALpha Zane and Aldwin Pack. Please follow us to the Den and we shall talk there." Josiah turned and everyone quickly followed after. I ended up next to him and we talked all the way there. "How are you Rai?"
"Okay, I've been better but I can't complain." I smiled at him. "You?"
"Besides worrying about my wayward Thetas, I have been well." He looked at me hard before commenting, "You look... I don't mean to be rude but not so well."
I heard a low growled behind, but I chuckled, "War does that to you." I waved behind me and the growling stopped.
"Not what I mean. You've changed..." He paused and looked me int he eyes before resuming the walk. "There is a hollowness in your eyes that I haven't seen since the first time we met."
I looked away from him, "I was taken hostage. I'd rather not talk about it right now."
"Fair enough. how was the trip back here?"
"Rocky at first, but it ot better. I was bored for part of it until I started training with the pack again."
"So, have they finally told you you are pack yet?" I looked up surprised and found him grinning with a glint of mischief in his eyes.
"Am I really the last to realize this?" I groaned.
He laughed as he replied, "Apparently. I'm sure even the wolves you've met throughout the recent years knew you were pack. For one as perceptive as you Rai, you can be quite slow on things pertaining to you."
"You know, you aren't the first person to tell me that." I mumbled. "Am I being blind to anything else?"
Josiah grinned wider as he replied, "Perhaps, but that is for you to find out young one."
"I'm not that young anymore."
"In today's eyes, you are. Maybe a few hundred years ago you wouldn't be, but most people live to be what? 150,200 nowadays?"
"Touche. But with what I've seen, I don't feel that young." I quietly confessed.
"Welcome to the universe young one. When you travel it, you learn to grow up fast." He replied gently.
"Don't I know."
"You're back." Kiara smiled as she and a group of wolves greeted us at the Den.
"Kiara." I watched as loving adoration formed in his eyes the moment he saw her.
"Welcome." She said to us before walking over to Josiah's side. Josiah wrapped an arm around her waiste. "Welcome back." She grinned happily at the wolves who finally returned home. Her brows crumpled together as she looked over our small group. "You are missing a pack member. Has Theta Marco retired?"
I cringed as the rest of the pack looked down sadly. Zane replied, "No, he died."
An awkward silence fell over the group until Josiah broke it by ushering us into his home, "Come, let us eat. I am sure you are hungry after such a long flight." We were brought to the large hall where food was waiting for us. We ate heartily the real food that was offered to us. It had been weeks since the last time we had food that wasn't preserved or freeze dried.
It was near the end of the meal when Josiah finally ended the pleasantries and got to business. "Alpha Zane." Zane looked over to him and steeled himself for the conversation we knew was about to happen. "I can see everyone that arrived with you is... tense. Mind sharing with us why this is so?"
The unit stopped eating as Zane replied, "Coming here wasn't an act of convenience. We have been traveling months to reach here to return your packmates to you."
Josiah narrowed his eyes, "Then why come?"
"We were planning on returning to Central Prime and then returning here once we gave our official reports, however we recieved some distressing news two weeks from landing on Central Prime. A reliable source informed Rai that my pack is to be arrested for treason." Josiah's nose flared as he tensed. "We don't know why. Our source has been trying to gather information but so far has come up with nothing."
"My other source has also yet to contact me as to why we are wanted." I added.
"I decided to return you packmates before deciding anything else. They should not be put on trial for something my pack did." Zane finsihed.
"And you should be on trial?" Josiah asked.
"Depends on what we did. As of now, no I don't think we should be and I will do anything to protect my pack." Zane's eyes flashed.
"And you have no idea what you could have done?"
"Correct. As far as all of us are concerned, we have followed everything the government stands for."
"Some government we have, eh. And they are planning to just arrest you without first contacting you?"
"That's what we hear. Once we land on Central Prime or probably any planet of theirs at this point, we will be apprehended and triad."
"That is unfair, but I suppose that is life... Are they after you now?"
"By now, they are probably searching for us." Zane replied honestly.
"Will they trace you here?" I could hear the concern in Josiah's voice.
"No." I answered. "I removed all tracking devices on Myrra." I grinned as the rest of the pack chuckled. We played a little device baseball once I collected all the small box like devices.
"You should be safe as long as we don't stay long." Zane reassured.
"I hope so, I do not want my pack in danger. I hope you understand that they come first." Josiah said.
"I do." Josiah and Zane talked a little longer before my tablet started beeping at me. I looked down to see Chezza had sent a request.
I looked up and asked, "Josiah, do you have a computer I can use? My informate wishes to speak with me." I saw the look he gave me and reassured, "It is a safe channel that would take a hacker far to long to hack into. It is safe."
"It better be. Come this way." Everyone stood and followed. We walked only a few mintues before entering a large room full of personal computers and one main one. I hooked my tablet to the main computer and sent a message to Chezza. Within seconds, Chezza filled the screen.
"Aleara-Rai Night! The the hell have you done this time?" I saw anger fill my best friend's being.
"I-I... What?" I asked confused.
"What in the mikill konungsríki have you done?"
"I haven't done anything. Especially not recently." I defended.
"If you are lying to me, I swear by all the gods and goddesses in all the verses I will kill you."
"What the hell is going on?"
"You Rai, are wanted for treason and your pack as accomplices. You better think long and hard about what you haven't done."
"Chezza, have I ever lied to you about not doing something?"
"No, but this is serious Rai. WHatever the hell you did doesn't just involve you, it involves your unit."
"I'm aware Chez. But as I've said, I don't know anything." Suddenly another request blinked at me and I connected to Calum. "Hey Cal."
"Hello." Calum glanced at everyone and asked, "Is eerything alright?"
"No." Chezza scowled, "Rai fucked up and doesn't know what she did."
"Thanks Chezza." I glared at her. "The government must be confusing me with someone else because-"
"It's about Jayce." Calum inturrupted and both Chezza and I gaped at him.
"What?!" We shouted in unison.
"More specifically it pretains to Jayce's death." Calum elaborated.
"And how you told your unit about it." Kat glared at me.
"I don't know what you are talking about." I said in disbelief.
"kjaftæði!" Kat snapped. Calum tried to stop her, but she yelled over him, "You could tell your pack, but didn't have the decency to tell me! He was my brother too Selena and I had to find out on my own?"
"You know?" Blood drained from my face turning it an almost translucent white.
"Rai?" A voice behind me called, but I didn't listen.
"What about Jay's death?" Chezza asked, but neither Kat nor I paid any attention to her or the people listening in.
"Yes and how could you keep that from me!"
"How-how did you-"
"You had all those journal entries and kept them to yourself? What the hell Selena!"
"Wait!" My eyes shot up, "How do you-" I cut myself off as I remember back to when my computer glitched. "YOU FUCKING HACKED MY COMPUTER! Tík!"
"How else was I suppose to find out? What were you going to tell me like you told them? They aren't even family Selena! They're wolves!" I heard low growls eminate behind me and I knew some of their eyes had shifted. "He was my brother! We are sisters, I should have been told before some mutts!"
"Fuck you Kataline!" I seethed, "They've been more family to me than you have! I've only known you what, four years? How dare you disrespect my friends and pack and say I should have told you about Jay when you fucking abandoned both him and I! You had no right breaking into my computer and then attacking me about something you know nothing about! Screw you!" I turned and sprinted out of the room, no longer being able to look at the woman who looked at me with such distain and being around people who pitied me. I kept running until I was in the forest and slammed my fist into a tree.

~~~3rd POV~~~
Everyone watched as Rai ran from the room unable to move from the shear anger that radiated off of her. Zane was the first to recover and looked to Killian. "Killian, go make sure Rai is okay." His Beta nodded and quickly ran after his fellow packmate. Zane turned silver eyes on Kat. "Before you snap like that you should understand the full story. Attacking Rai was probably the worst thing you could have done."
"She deserved it." Kat snapped.
"Kataline, enough." Calum's voice was firm and his face was twisted in anger.
"For your information, no she doesn't." Zane kept his eyes on Kat. "Excluding three... two members of thsi pack, we don't know what happened to Jay other than it has yet again compeltely traumatized your sister."
It was Kat's time to look confused. "I don't understand."
"Other than Jay died and apparently in a terrible way, we have do idea what happened that day."
"But, but..." Kat was lost for words as she looked lost.
Calum took over for his wife, "She had to of told people or else her arrest would not me an issue. You said two members of your unit know. If she did not tell, then how do they know?"
"Deklyn." Zane called and the young man quickly stepped up. "Do you mind explaining?"
"No." He looked up at the screen, "As Chezza knows, Rai, Killian, Marco, and I were kidnapped and taken hostage. At first Sebastian, the leader of Evigilantem, had us questioned in the usual manner but then he took Rai into a special room. I still don't quite understand how he did it, but Sebastian managed to make this machine that played memories. He tortured Rai for weeks using it, making her relive her past. At first she was alone, but eventually he brought the three of us in to try and make us talk. We didn't, but even if we did, Sebastian had some sort of vendetta again Rai because of your mother. Anyway, the day we got rescued, Rai was so out of it due to being drugged out of her mind and not having much sleep..." Deklyn pause, it was painful for him to remember that day and seeing the reason why Rai was so broken. "He made her relive the day Jay died. She didn't relive it just once like the other memories. It was so traumatizing for her that she couldn't stop it from playing over and over again... We had to have watched it at least four times before the machine blew up. She never willingly told us, she was forced to show us." The room was quiet when Deklyn finished. Half way through, he ended up looking down.
"I didn't... I did not know." Kat squeaked out as tears slid down her cheeks.
"Yeah and now you've probably ruined your relationship with Rai because of it." Deklyn glared.
"Deklyn, stop." Zane commanded gently. The Theta nodded and moved back to the sea of wolves. "Do you know why the government thinks Rai told people?"
"No, I'm sorry." Calum shook his head.
"I heard it has something to do with a Dr. Sullivan." Chezza added.
"Sullivan..." Deklyn muttered as he tried to think back months ago.
"Deklyn?" Zane asked as he turned to face his Theta.
"The name sounds familiar." He frowned.
"She was the doctor who... you know." Kat whispered. A picture of the doctor popped up and Deklyn pointed at the screen.
"That's the doctor Sebastian growled at when we arrived at base! I knew she looked familiar, but I couldn't place her."
Zane looked up at the picture as Chezza asked, "Besides Sebastian, did either Killian or you react to her in anyway when you passed her?"
"I stared at her, but I think Killian did his silent glare. Sebastian lunged at her."
Chezza sighed, "She must have thought because you three reacted to her presence and were with Rai, she must have told you about what happened. You've never met her before correct?"
"Yeah, never." Chezza gave a sad look at the unit that had done nothing, but was being hunted anyway.
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=93011460 -Rai's outfit since she isn't acting doctor yet