Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

Who Won?

The dinner the night before put me in a better mood, but I was still annoyed the next morning. I was aware that I was partially screwing up our plans to lay low so we could collect intell and eventually take on the gov, but I can only act meek and shy for so long. I love people watching and learning thier stories; understanding how they got to be who they are now.
That is why I was up before sunrise making myself something too eat; I had too much on my mind. After tossing and turning for hours, I finally gave up and started puttering about. As I warmed up the ancient pan, I started cracking and scrambling eggs for breakfast. I had just added some milk to the mixture when I heard padding of barefeet on the wooden floor.
"Morning Rai." Zane's groggy voice greeted.
I stayed quiet a moment before answering back, "Hey." I kept my back to him as I mixed.
I heard the kitchen chair scrape against the floor as Zane took a seat, "Rai? I'm sorry about yesterday. I really didn't mean to yell at you, I just wanted to make you aware of how many people know who you are. I know you like talking with others and getting to know them, it's who you are. Please be careful."
I felt my shoulders sag, "I'm sorry too. I know you're worried about me exposing us and all of this would have been for naught." I finally turned to look at him with an apologetic smile, "I'll be more careful."
"Thank you. If anything happens, let me know and we'll think of something." I nodded and turned back to making eggs,
"Do you want any?"
"Please. Do you need help?"
I turned a grin to him, "Naw, I got this down to a science." I poured the egg into the pan and watched it slowly solidify. "Meat in yours?"
"You still remember."
"Yeah, extra meat in your omelettes."
"It's kind of like how the first time we met." I knew what he was referring to from so many years ago.
"Back in Jay's apartment. You two had just gotten shore leave."
"Jay was so excited to see you again. He wouldn't shut up about you as we made our way back to the post." I heard him chuckle behind me.
"Jay was so embarrassing."
"He had no shame."
"Do you mind getting me some cheese?"
"Sure."
"You two seemed tense at breakfast that day, why was that? I never actually got to ask."
"Because..." I was suddenly hyper aware of Zane behind to me.
"Because?" I turned to face him.
Zane looked down for a second before looking back up at me with determined eyes, "I had developed feelings for you."
I felt my eyes dilate in surprise. I opened my mouth and closed it, trying to think straight. "And now?"
"They haven't changed."
We stared at each other, eyes not blinking. I barely spoke above a whisper as I asked, "Want to know a secret?"
"Sure." His volume matched mine.
"First time you scared me, I had a crush on you."
"And now?" A smile tugged on his lips, but there was some hesitation in the act.
"I'd say they haven't changed but, after all this time I think I like you more." Zane growled deep in his chest as he pinned and kissed me against the counter. Tingles shot from my lips down my spine and into my toes as we stood there. I pulled away a little and whispered against his lips, "The eggs are going to burn." He laughed and I heard him move the pan off the burner.
"Better?" I hummed a reply and leaned forward to capture his lips. After making out for a little while, Zane asked, "May I?"
I chuckled, "Go for it wolf man." Zane growled and nipped at my chin before scenting along my jaw line and down my neck. Once satisfied, he kissed my forehead and smiled.
"May I?" I grinned before rubbing my cheek against his. He laughed as I vigorously scented him. "Next time I do this, you are shaving."
"Am I now?"
"Yes." I looked over at the cold omelette still on the stove. "Our breakfast is cold."
"We could heat them up."
"You do that, I'll make tea and coffee?" Zane nodded and we went about our tasks. Right as we sat down, Jasper shuffled in and stopped abruptly.
He took a deep breath and mumbled, "About time." Then he went over to the refrigerator to get something to eat.
"Huh?" I asked, mid bite.
"You two." he gestured not looking at us. "You two are worse than Rory and Lyla and that was pitiful."
"I do not know what you are talking about."
"Right, because you two haven't had feelings for each other for the past three years at least. We may act childish sometimes, but we aren't blind."
Zane and I looked at each other and then Zane asked, "Who won?"
"Won?" Jasper asked innocently.
"The bet. We," He gestured between him and me, "May be oblivious to how the other one felt but we know all of you well enough. Who won the bet?"
"Honestly? Sid. We all thought you two would confess a hell of a lot sooner than... How long have we been a unit?" Zane growled as I began to laugh.
"How many were in on this?" I asked between giggled. Jasper shrugged as he sat down to eat. "Come on, we won't be mad."
"You won't?"
"Well, Zane might but I won't."
"Zane's my Alpha, I'm not going to make him cross."
"Zane." I warned. We scowled at each other before he conceded to not tearing anyone apart.
"Only you." Jasper shook his head. "There was the pack, Kyle and Sid, Alpha Bonebreaker and a few of his wolves, Alpha Lapsyn, and a few other wolves and packs we've met over the years. Oh Chezza and Dr. Samara were in too."
"Shit, everyone." I replied in awe.
"Yeah. Deklyn was the first to call it, followed by Lyla."
"Man all this right under our noses."
"Some of your behavior makes more sense now." Zane leaned back in his chair. "I'd find it odd when you or Trina willingly talked to Deklyn. Was he the one taking the bets?"
"My lips are sealed on the banker." Jasper replied.
"Jasper."
"Leave him, it was harmless fun. Plus, Dek will tell me the inner workings." I grinned.
"Sometimes I wonder who really runs this pack."
"I worm info out of people, but when it comes to it, you're the boss Zane. Now," I stood up and gathered my dishes, "I must change and get to work."
"I'll walk out with you, I have a double today." Zane also got up.
"Sounds like fun."
"You know it. When do you have work?" Zane looked to Jasper.
"I have the afternoon shift. I'm going to go see how Trina's doing." He replied.
"Alright, be careful." Jasper nodded and picked up the paper he had walked in with.
After quickly changing, I met Zane at the door. "Why are you working a double?"
"Coworker asked me to switch with him. I guess he wants to do something special for his son's birthday."
"That's great."
"Yeah, I actually get to sleep in tomorrow."
"Aren't you lucky." I smiled. "I'll see you later tonight. Be safe." I waved and headed to work.
♠ ♠ ♠
We are entering the home stretch everyone. Thanks for sticking around so long =)

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=95131574 -waitress outfit