Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

Words are a Funny Thing

"So Dek," I smiled as I slid up next to him as the pack slowly gathered at Kyle's apartment. "Were you the bookie in this bet?"
Deklyn froze and with a forced smile asked, "Whatever do you mean?"
"You tell me Dearest friend of mine." Everyone but Jasper froze in what they were doing as they watched us. "May want to tell me before Zane arrives and you have to tell him and me."
"How'd you know?"
"Can't you smell him on her?" Jasper asked finally plopping down on a couch.
Deklyn leaned forward and sniffed me. "Huh... Oh... OH!" His face broke out into a grin. "Congrats!" And hugged and danced me about.
"Okay, okay enough. Now talk boyo." I laughed.
"So yes I was the one taking bets. It started off as just me, Lyla and Rory, then Marco got in and eventually the whole pack were taking bets. You two are ridiculous you know that?"
"So I've heard. When did this all start?"
Deklyn paused as he though back, "Couple months after you permanently joined our merry pack."
"Everyone else joining in?"
"Hmmm, Alpha Lapsyn was next when she was living on Myrra, then Sid and Kyle, and Alpha Bonebreaker joined in when we saw him about the terrorist group. He was actually surprised you two hadn't gotten together yet. Wait there were a few other in between when we met them. You have no idea how many wolves and regs asked us if you two were together."
"It was ridiculous?" I grinned.
"Yes!"
"So how long did you think it was going to take us?" I directed the question at Sid.
"Originally, right before the war. When we updated, I was banking on after you got this situation under control." He replied.
"Thanks for the faith in us guys." I replied wryly.
"Don't give us that sass Rai, we've updated at least two times because you and Zane are slow!" Lyla cried.
"Why am I slow?" Zane asked as he walked in.
"Because it took you and Rai forever to admit your feelings for each other." Kyle smiled.
"So find out everything?" He asked me.
"Basically. I think we should have prolonged it a bit longer just for shits and giggles."
"Please, no!" Everyone groaned causing Zane and me to laugh.
Things were going fine. Twice a week the pack would talk to one of our many contacts to find out anything about our situation. It was difficult, but slowly we managed to find out quite a bit about what the government was going to use against us. They were getting angry and were willing to do anything to find us, but we still managed to walk among them undetected.
Well, that was until three weeks after Zane and I admitted our feelings for each other. It was a bit chilly out, Lyla, Jasper, and I were out shopping for groceries. I'd wandered off a little from them to get something when I heard a commanding voice. "Scout Lyla Montgomery and Theta Jasper Birch, you are under arrested for treason and fleeing from custody!" A G Unit member barked as he and four of his unit mates pointed guns at them.
"You must ha-" Lyla was cut off when one of the G Unit men hit her with his gun. She yelped and took a knee. Jasper lunged for her, only to also receive a hit. Other wolves watched unsure as the G Unit hit them again.
"Oi! Back the fuck off, they aren't resisting!" I shouted as I stepped towards them.
"Back off Lycan." A Female G Unit member glared.
"Once you stop hitting them, I will." I stood my ground.
"Want to be arrested for obstruction of justice?" A vicious smile spread across her lips.
I looked down at my pack. "If it means you'll stop hitting them, then yes."
The woman scoffed, "Go back to shopping this has nothing to do with you." She turned and raised the butt of her gun to strike Jasper.
"That's abuse of power." I snapped as I grabbed her and pushed her off to the side. I pushed the next closest G Unit member away from my pack and stood before them protectively.
"Out of the way!" G unit member 3 slapped me across the face and then pushed me aside. I stumbled to the ground, swiping away a smear of blood dripping down my nose. Jasper and Lyla's eyes burned amber as they growled at the unit. "Ooooh wait." The guy smiled as he grabbed my neck and made me stand. The growls grew louder the harder he held me. His eyes scanned me before he turned slightly to another member. "Jackson, if you please."
"Yes sir." A deep voice answered right before dust was thrown in my face. I tried to cough and sneezed to clear my orifices of the invading particles.
"Just as I thought. Hello Dr. Night." He threw me into one of the metal shelves and flipped me so my face was being jammed into one. "Dr. Aleara-Rain Night, you are under arrest for treason against the Council and fleeing arrest." He gave me an extra shove into the shelf, receiving louder growls from Lyla and Jasper. They started to struggled against their captors who in turn started hitting them with their guns.
"Stop." I whispered to them, "I'm fine."
"That's what you think." The man whispered into my ear as he cuffed me.
I didn't reply as I kept my eyes on my pack members. "Don't struggle." After a moment, both stopped but their eyes never changed back to their normal color.
"Let's go." I was pushed and stumbled as I headed out of the the aisle. Every few steps we were hit until we walked out of the store.
"What the hell is going on here?" A demanding voice snapped. I looked up to see Alpha Lapsyn with her arms crossed and her pack behind her.
"We're talking these criminals to the post." The head G Unit member replied.
"Really? Why? This is our jurisdiction Captain, not yours."
"Are you sure you should be doing this? I mean you know these criminals, how do we know you won't let them go?"
"Because I'm professional enough to get my job done. Unlike you." She glared at the human before her.
"What's that suppose to mean?" He snapped back.
"Beating three non hostiles, one of which is human and clearly doesn't need to be manhandled like a wolf. I am taking them from here Captain. If you have a problem, take it up with head quarters but remember this," She looked him directly in the eyes as her eyes shifted to silver, "This is my town, I am the highest commanding officer here. Now hand over my prisoners and get out of my sight." The captain scowled and begrudgingly passed us off to Lapsyn's pack. They created a circle around us with Lapsyn in the lead. We didn't speak until we were at the post and in the interrogation room.
"Hello Dr. Rai, Scout Montgomery, and Theta Birch." She greeted. "I am sorry about the treatment you were given when you were arrested."
"Not your fault." I smiled, but flinched a little from where a bruise was forming on my cheek.
"Do you know why you have been arrested?"
"It is believed we, W Unit 13, have committed treason against the Council and we fled arrest. Although technically we didn't flee arrest if we weren't informed we were being arrested."
"Rai." Lapsyn warned.
"Sorry."
Lapsyn clicked on a recorder and began. "You, Dr. Aleara-Rain Night have been missing for over 14 months, were you aware the Council has been looking for you?"
"Yes." I replied without hesitation.
"Scout Montgomery and Theta Birch, same question."
"Yes." Both replied, they both kept their eyes on me looking for cues.
Lapsyn nodded and found it curious that they were looking to me for instructions. "Dr. Rai, are you the one to be addressed while this interview is in session?"
After getting a nod from both of my pack mates, I replied, "Yes."
"You are under strict orders to reply honestly to all questions asked. All questions falsified can and will be used against you in the trial you are legally allowed to have. Are you aware that a lie will be known the moment you speak it?"
"Yes."
"The questions shall begin. Again, are you aware of why you have been arrested?"
"Yes."
"Is the rest of Werewolf Unit 13 aware to why there is a warrant out for their arrest?"
"Yes."
"Do you know the known location of Alpha Zane Aldwin, Beta Killian Murphy, Theta Deklyn Ward, Theta Trina Montgomery, and Scout Rory St. Michael?"
"I haven't seen them in a while, I don't know where they are at this point in time."
"When was the last time you saw them?"
"I'm unsure, we split from them a while ago."
"One last time, you are unaware of their current location?"
"Yes."
"Do Scout Montgomery and Theta Birch know of their location?"
"No, they have been with me."
"Scout Montgomery, do you know where your other unit members currently are?"
Lyla looked up from her lap and replied, "No." Then her head went back down in submission.
"Theta Birch, do you know where your other unit members currently are?"
Jasper mimicked Lyla as he replied, "No."
"Thank you. Do you believe you are guilty of the crime put before you which is treason against the Council?"
"Not guilty."
"Do you believe you are guilty of the crime put before you which is fleeing from arrest?"
I hesitated a a second, "Guilty." I couldn't lie about that one, we were all well aware of what we were doing when we broke off and came here.
"Dr. Aleara-Rain Night, Scout Lyla Montgomery, and Theta Jasper Birch, you are to be tried at the Supreme Court on Central Prime for the crimes put before you. You are to leave immediately by guards of the Werewolf Units 33 and 1190 and Galaxy Units 22, 897, and 1000." Lapsyn turned off the recorder and stood. We stood along with her as her pack filed in and escorted us to the bay where the ship waited for us. We were handed over to the other W Units and G Units and escorted to our cells.
"Scout Montgomery and Theta Birch." A tall wolf announced as we stopped beside a reinforced metal cage of a cell. My wolves looked at me before silently walking into their prison.
"I'm staying with them." I announced.
A G Unit member scoffed, "You wish."
I glared, "Unless you want them to give you a migraine and flip out, I'd suggest you put me at least in the same vicinity as them. They don't take kindly to being separated from pack members."
"You aint pack sweet heart."
"I'm not? Who says?"
"Yer a wolf?" He sneered.
"If I am?" I leaned forward with a smile.
"Stop it Martin, let her be. If she wants to be in the same prison as wolves, let her. It's not like she can break out of these cells anyways and the wolves can't help her." Another wolf rolled his eyes and let me walk in. He uncuffed us and left us to our own devices.
I sat down and leaned against the wall. "Well, this sucks."
"You think?" Jasper growled as he paced the cell.
"You think the others know?" Lyla whispered as she looked at my wounds and bruises.
"By now? Probably." I replied, hissing as she poked one of my sore spots.
"I was a little worried when she asked us if we knew where the others were."
"I'm glad you caught on."
"Took my a little while, but I soon understood."
I chuckled, "I didn't lie. Words are a funny thing."
"They are."
"I just hope they don't do anything stupid."
"Me too, Zane and Rory will be the hardest to control." Jasper replied as he finally sat down next to me; arms touching.
"Zane most of all." Lyla sighed.
"Why? I mean we kind of made a plan if some of us were arrested." I asked.
Both wolves looked at me. "Because you were taken." Jasper finally answered as if I should have known.
"I know that," I rolled my eyes, "But I'm not the only one in his pack taken."
"That maybe, but it would have been bad enough if only we were," Lyla motioned between her and Jasper, "Or Killian or Deklyn or Rory. However, you were taken."
"So?"
Lyla looked me in the eyes as she answered, "A wolf will do anything to get their mate back, that's why they tend to be the most dangerous."
I flushed, "He's never called me his mate." I knew it sounded weak to my own ears.
Jasper snorted, "He doesn't have to, it's all in the way he acts. He's been solar protective of you way before he told you he liked you."
"I'm human, I tend to need more protecting than others." I weakly fought back.
"Really now? That's the excuse you're coming up with because I've seen how dangerous you can be and how much protection you don't need." I groaned. "Faced reality yet?"
"Shut up."
"Is that why you never told him how you felt? Because you were afraid of being his mate?" Lyla asked with curiosity in her voice.
"Kind of." I ran my fingers through my hair. "I'm not a wolf, I don't just know who my mate is. I didn't want to do anything to hurt him. Wolves mate for life, human feelings tend to wax and wane. I didn't..." I trialed off.
"Want to hurt him. But Rai, he would be aware of the possibility that your feelings for him would change."
"Humans may be fickle about love," Jasper added, "But even they can sense their... soul mate. Isn't there an old myth about soul mates or something?"
"There is, the story Astophanes told Plato."
"Then accept your feelings, whatever they maybe, and stop fearing the worse."
"Jasper." Lyla scolded.
"What?"
"Is it really that easy, Jasper?" I looked at him tired. "Is my life really that easy?"
"It could be one of the easier things in your life."
I chuckled, "Let's hope so."
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=95192949 -Rai's outfit

I start my senior year of college tomorrow... Holy Shit!