Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

Neither Do I

I watched Jasper pace the cell, restless from not being able to run or walk around freely. Lyla whimpered next to me, missing Rory with every fiber of her being. "How long have we been on this ship?" She asked with her head on my lap.
"About three weeks." I replied, having kept track after each sleep cycle. "Yo guard!" The wolf turned to look at me. "How long do you normally have wolf prisoners on this ship?"
"Couple of weeks maybe. We don't tend to be a prisoner transport ship for long distances. Why?"
"What are you going to do with these two? The 'full' moon is approaching for them."
He blanched, "Not quite sure."
"You may want to find out because these two without their Alpha will be difficult and not allowing them to shift will be even more dangerous."
"Why's that?"
"Have you ever seen a wolf shift after missing a full moon? It's like feeling the moon's pull for the first time. Or at least that's what I've been told."
"You aren't wrong, I can feel it." Jasper commented as he continued to move around. "We may not see one, but we can feel the pull every month."
"Have you ever been somewhere where the moon was never full?"
"Once or twice, but I've always had an Alpha with me."
"How much danger am I in?"
"I'd like to say not alot, but that'd be a lie. I may be able to control myself even in wolf form since you're pack, but again I'm a wolf without an Alpha."
"How about you?" I bounced my leg.
Lyla looked up, "You should probably be in another cell when the 'full' moon comes. My wolf is already unstable from being away from her Alpha, now add the fact that my mate isn't with me... I'm going to be in rough shape."
"But will she be even more uncomfortable with having me away?" I stroked her hair as she thought.
"I don't know. More pack members present especially on an unknown ship would help ease her, but you are human and I don't want to hurt you by mistake."
"I'm a tough lady. I was told so quite a few weeks ago."
"Still."
"Fine, I'll leave. I know when I'm not wanted." I pouted before bursting into laughter at the pitiful look I received from Lyla. "I'm kidding." Another week passed before anything happened. It was in the middle of our sleep cycle when I was suddenly woken up by growls. I heard my friends breathing hard and saw their eyes burning. "Jasper? Lyla?" I whispered with some uncertainty in my voice.
"Rai.." Jasper breathed out through clenched wolf teeth.
"I'm here. It's okay." I reassured as I put my hand on his back.
"I can't... I can't hold it."
"Dr. Night." A W Unit guard came up to the cell. "We need to get you out of there now." He started fiddling with the lock as a few more W unit and G unit members came to stand next to him.
"I don't think-" I was cut off by a howl. Jasper fully shifted and lunged as two wolves tried to enter the encasement. They jumped back, away from his snapping jaws. Jasper stood two feet in front of me while Lyla, who had shifted also, stood over me baring her teeth.
"What are we to do Alpha Hawkin?" One of the wolves asked as an Alpha walked over.
Lyla and Jasper started growling louder as Alpha Hawkin approached. He stopped just outside the door. "Seems they view us as a threat." He growled back, deep and baring his teeth. Jasper and Lyla responded with hackles raised and shifting their stance, preparing to pounce. Alpha Hawkin's eyes glowed silver as he continued his litany. Jasper's growl became less threatening as he backed up towards me, though his eyes never left the Alpha's. Lyla whimpered, unsure of what to do but not leaving her post over me. Finally Alpha Hawkin stopped and stood straight up, "Dr. Night, do you feel safe in there?"
"At the moment, yes. I'm more worried about these two starting a fight with you or your pack." I replied honestly.
"They don't intend any harm to you at the moment, they are more comfortable with you there. However, I fear their stability will falter as the night continues since they won't submit to me while on this journey."
"What should I do?"
"I will have guards watching you and your pack mates closely, if they do anything threatening you are to be removed from the cell. Understood?"
"Yes sir. What is the likelihood of them attacking me?"
"Normally I'd say there is a great chance of it."
"But?"
"But," He leaned forward a little to which he was growled at, "You smell of their Alpha. If their wolves are smart they will take care to make sure you are unharmed."
"That's embarrassing." I muttered.
"How so? It's what is keeping you safe."
I shook my head as I started petting Lyla's coat. "And I thought it was my awesome personality. I know how it is now." I playfully glared at my wolfish friend. She looked back at me and licked my cheek. "Thanks Ly."
"Who would have thought." Alpha Hawkin mumbled as he watched our interaction. "The Aldwin Pack sure is an interesting one. I will be coming back soon. Be safe and don't hesitate to ask for assistance."
"Yes, sir." The night wore on with Jasper and Lyla walking around the cell. Around 3 things got tense when Lyla started snarling and tweaking. I stood and slowly shuffled my way to the door. I got a little too close to Lyla and she swiped a paw across my thigh, ripping through my prison pants, skin, and some muscle. Jasper immediately lunged at her, enabling me to make it to the door and slipping out.
"Are you okay?" Theta Collin asked as I slid down the wall.
"Yeah, I've had worse." I inspected my wound and found it to be a relatively clean cut. I looked over to see Jasper and Lyla still going at it, "Jasper I'm okay." After pinning her to the ground and barking, Jasper got off of Lyla and waited to see what she would do next; she ended up sulking in the corner for the rest of the night.
"I need a med personal to come to cell 442, Dr. Night has a few scratch marks across her thigh." Collin informed via walkie.
"Are you okay?" I turned my head to see Jasper now in human form.
"I'm fine." I smiled reassuringly. "Her claws are sharp, but nothing damaging."
"You sure."
"Yes."
"Okay."
"Be nice, she'll feel terrible when the moon wanes and she comes to."
"I'll try. If Zane was here-"
"If he was here none of this would have happened, but he's not and we'll do our best to stick together. Right?"
"I guess."
"Good, now go wolf out and burn energy. Be freeish my friend!"
Jasper shook his head, "I wonder about you sometimes."
"I do too."
"I can take you to another cell so you can sleep." Collin suggested as we waited for the med team to come.
I shrugged, "My pack's here."
He was quiet a moment as he stared at me. "You're a lot different than I imagined."
"What do you mean?"
"I guess I pictured someone who would be hard to watch, someone trying to escape all the time. You three have been some of the best prisoners I have ever had to guard."
"Why did you think we would be tough?"
"Because you ran and hid from the Council for over a year. No one knew where you were. It was like you were sucked into a black hole or something."
"We did what we had too, but we aren't stupid enough to get ourselves killed in the process."
"I suppose, but don't you want to get back to the other? Not be on trial?"
"More than anything we'd like to get back to our pack. The way Lyla's behaving is testament to that and the trial terrifies us... But we have faith in our pack." I lowered my voice, "They'll come for us."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes. I've been told a wolf will do anything to get his mate back. I just hope the Council is prepared for the consequences of their actions."
"Are you?"
"Almost."
"You shouldn't have run, they'll be more harsh on you now."
I looked at over at Collin, "Do you know what we officially did that was so terrible that we are accused of treason?"
"No." He replied simply, waiting for an answer.
"Neither do I." Before he could question me, the med person arrived and started treating my leg. I didn't talk much after that, instead sleeping the rest of the night cycle away.
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=95337587 -prison clothes