Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

Shall I Tell Them?

"Hands against the wall and feet shoulder width apart please." Alpha Hawkins said as he stopped outside the cell. Lyla, Jasper, and I looked at each other before standing and doing as ordered. We received a pat down and then cuffs were locked in place around our wrists and collars placed on Lyla and Jasper.
"What's going on?" I asked, waiting patiently for further instructions.
"We've landed on Central Prime."
"Already?" I thought it would have taken longer.
"Yes. Arms down and turn around please." We did as we were told. "Starting with Scout Montgomery, single file line out the door." Alpha Hawkins watched as we walked out of the cell and through the ship. Each hallway we passed through was lined with either W or G unit soldiers watching us for any sign that we were up to no good. Once we were just inside the ship, we were ordered to stop. "Face me. We are transporting you to the courthouse where at 11 am SOET, you three will be triad."
"Already? Isn't that a bit fast for a trial?" I inquired. "We haven't met our lawyer yet."
"Council's orders. You will be provided with one there."
"Are we all being triad at once or one at a time?" Lyla asked, her head bent down.
"Dr. Night will be first, followed by you and Theta Birch."
"Why?" I asked.
"Council's orders. Turn and start marching." Any further questions we had were drowned out by our feet. With each step, anxiety pumped through me knowing that we didn't have evidence. I knew that my pack would do anything to save us, but if they didn't get here in time then we were finished. I also knew that Chezza, Kyle, Sid, Callum, and Kat would try to do something, but they were also aware I didn't want them risking their families for me. Just because I got in trouble doesn't mean they had to risk their lives. But who was I kidding, they'd save me even though I threatened to not talk to them if they did something stupid. I just hoped they did it legally.
After twenty minutes of walking, we finally entered the courthouse. Alpha Hawkin stopped us against a wall. "In accordance with Council Law, all wolves on trial are to wear collars and mouth guards." Two wolves stepped forward and placed steel mesh guards over Lyla and Jasper's mouth and nose.
"Those are muzzles. Are you seriously putting muzzles on them?" I stared in disbelief.
"It is Council Law." He replied in a dull voice.
"That's humiliating. You're taking away their dignity!"
"They are wolves, Dr. Night."
"That doesn't mean they don't deserve respect."
"I think you are forgetting your and their place, Dr. Night. They are wolves, they aren't a person like you. They are only receiving a trial because they are tied to you." Lyla and Jasper emitted low rumbled as he stepped closer to me. "Enough you two!" They instantly stopped, unable to disobey an Alpha's command. "This isn't your ship's environment or a wolf run town, this is the Courthouse on Central Prime. Wolves aren't people, they are beneath humans. Remember that."
I stared right into his eyes and asked, "Do you really believe that?" He didn't reply as he nodded and we were forced to walk once again. Within minutes we walked through a door and onto a brightly lit platform in the middle of a large room. I was brought to the middle while Lyla and Jasper were forced to stand with their heads bowed off to my left. Hundreds of people sat in rows that circled the room except for the seats directly before us. There sat the Council member, important people of the government, and our jury. I turned my head to see my friends shift uncomfortably as the murmurs rose around us.
Soon enough, a gavel sounded and the voices quieted to nothing. The Council members stood and one member announced, "We are here today to decide the fate of Dr. Aleara-Rain Night for acts of treason against the Council and government and her accomplices Theta Jasper Birch and Scout Lyla Montgomery of Werewolf Unit 13. Dr. Night is also accused of fleeing custody. Dr. Night, how do you plea?"
My eyes shifted to the man speaking and with a raised head, I replied, "Not guilty of treason." A gasped rippled through the room as the Council member's faces scowled. No way was I going to make this easy for them.
"On the account of fleeing?" He asked stiffly.
I shrugged, "I'm guilty of that."
"Let it be known Dr. Night's stance on the accusations placed before her. The Prosecution shall go first." The Council sat down and I saw smirks slowly creep across their lips. Within seconds my crimes of treason were laid out before the galaxies to see. I was impressed by the bullshit they neatly put together to make me the bad guy; the scapegoat. I was a brain washer, secretly an informant for Evigilantem, a rebel rouser, the list went on and the 'evidence' they managed to put together was impressive. The Prosecution ended with demanding that the jury find me and my associates guilty of treason and as punishment be put to death. As the lawyer walked back to his seat, the room erupted with cheers and nods of approval.
"Thank you Prosecution." This time a female Council member stood up. "Now we shall have the Defense." She waved her hand for my lawyer to stand up. My face hardened as I watched her grin at me as if she already knew I had lost.
My lawyer came to stand next to me, "We the Defense res-"
He was cut off by a female voice echoing around the room, "If you say rest, then you are terribly misinformed Lawyer Cogs."
"Who is this!?" The Council woman cried out in anger.
"The Defense team Madam Council Woman." The voice replied. "And we, the Defense team, have evidence that everything the Prosecution just said is a lie."
"You are not on any legal documents, so-"
"If you don't let us present our evidence and defend our clients, then shall we bring the Council to court?" The voice threatened in a sweet tone.
"We have done nothing wrong!" She snapped.
"Have you not? Because we have evidence that states otherwise."
"Yeah right." Another Council member grumbled.
"Shall we speak of Theta Jayce Night?" A low murmur spread through the room and a woman stood up where the important people sat.
"I don't-"
The Council man was cut off by the woman, "What of Jayce?" I recognized the voice of my mother.
"Shall I tell her Council?"
"You know nothing!" The Council bluffed.
"Really? This video says otherwise." A virtual screen popped up in the middle of the room and a video began playing. I stood without moving as I watched Jay slowly go crazy. "The Council agreed to these experiments. Werewolves may not be looked on kindly, but even they are protected under the Council's own law from being experimented on." I felt eyes on me and my body tingled, but at first I wasn't going to turn my head because I didn't want to miss any of the documentary. Then I heard it, the small whimpering sound of Lyla. I finally tore my eyes away from the screen and followed her sight line. Up on the balcony shrouded mostly in shadows was Rory and next to him Zane. My eyes locked with his and I could see a swirl of emotions in them ranging from happiness to pain. We stayed like that until I heard my voice and together we focused back on the screen. Steeling myself, I watched as Selena flipped out on Dr. Sullivan, run, fling open the door, and try to reason with a crazed wolf. I closed my eyes just as the room filled with a loud BANG. Silence fell for a mere second before Selena started wailing.
The video cut off and the voice once again spoke, "You call them monster, but you the Council were the ones to force a young girl to kill her own brother out of mercy."
"We didn't know!" The Council tried to deny.
"But you did. The documentation even says so." A document popped up on the screen.
My mother screamed in rage, "You Bastards! You did that to my son!" All hell broke lose after that, but I stood where I was still staring at the screen.
I didn't move until I was called. "Rai." I turned my head to see Zane standing half a foot from me.
"Zane." I whispered before closing the rest of the gap and face planted into his chest. I buried my face in his neck and he wrapped his arms protectively around me.
"Rai." He whispered over again while he scented and held me. The rest of the pack flocked to us, still going unnoticed as the room continued in chaos.
"You should get her out of here." I recognized Callum's voice. "It'll be a while before things settle and it may be best if Rai and everyone aren't here."
I felt Zane nod, "We aren't going to flee again."
"Are you sure? Things could get tricky soon."
"Yeah. Come here." Before he dislodged himself from me, Zane whispered, "I'll be right back." I nodded and he pulled Callum aside to whispered to him.
"You okay?" Deklyn asked as he came up to hug me.
"I will be." I pushed into him since I still had the blasted cuffs around my wrists.
"I missed you." He whispered and I felt tears seep through my hair.
"Missed you too Dek. Let's never separate like that again."
"I'm in favor of that." He chuckled with some sniffles thrown in there.
"Good." I pulled out and looked at the rest of my pack. "How's everyone else?"
"Better now that we're all together." Killian smiled and came over to hug and scent me.
"So much better!" Rory smiled and also hugged me. Then he returned to Lyla's side and held her close.
"I'm glad you got those things off of them, they really pissed me off." I looked at the discarded muzzles on the ground.
"I thought Rory was going to rip someone apart when we first entered the room." Trina shook her head.
"If I didn't, you were." He shot back with a grin.
"Damn straight." She nodded.
"Let's go." Zane returned. "We're going to get away from here for a while until things settle a bit." He took my hand and we headed out of the building through the back.
"Where to?" Killian asked.
"Ill tell you when we're away from prying ears." Zane replied as we entered an alley only to be stopped by Alpha Hawkins. "Alpha Hawkins."
"Alpha Aldwin." He nodded.
"Do you have the keys to their cuffs?"
"I do, but they are still prisoners."
"Yes, but they'll be in my care and won't be going far."
Alpha Hawkin raised an eyebrow, "I'm pretty sure you're still considered a criminals... However, things are such a mess that I'm sure it was just happenstance that you managed to find a key to unlock those handcuffs." He tossed the key card to Zane. "Don't get caught." Then he walked away to find his pack.
"I love wolves." I thought aloud as Zane uncuffed me. Zane looked up with an eyebrow arched. "Ah but I love you most." I leaned forward and kissed him. He smiled into it with a happy rumbled vibrating from his chest.
"Get a room." Deklyn playfully complained. I stuck out my tongue as Jasper finished getting off his cuffs and we headed towards a large vehicle.
"Everyone in, we're going on a road trip." Zane announced as he got into the driver's seat. I quickly claimed passenger and everyone else squished into the middle and back seats. "Get some rest," He suggested as he started the car, "It's going to be a long drive." I brought my legs up and rested them under my bum right before lacing my fingers with Zane's. "Do you want talk about it?" He asked as the others settled in.
I could feel how much he wanted to, "No. Not yet." He nodded, we were quiet the rest of the ride.
♠ ♠ ♠
Welp, now everyone knows Rai's secret... Central Prime and probably every other planet is now in chaos... Go big or go home, right? Up side: Rai and Zane are back together and so are Lyla and Rory :3