Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

You Took His Name!

As we were taking off, the doctors and I worked on stabilizing Dr. Spades. I did a scan of his chest to find that besides having broken ribs, there was no internal bleeding. Once I was sure he was okay in the chest area, I helped the other doctors stitch up his leg, start him on an IV drip of liquids and painkillers, and insert another IV for a blood transfusion. For a little while we weren't sure he was going to be okay, but after two hours his vitals were stable and strong. The Dr. Smith and Dr. Van Daam looked over Dr. Hart, while I went to find the pack to make sure they were okay. I only had to clean up a few cuts that were dealt by the Alpha and then I was heading back to the informatory to clean up the mess that was made.
Four and a half hours later, we landed safely on the planet Clear Water. Drs. Smith and Van Daam informed the local doctors what had happened to Dr. Spades and what we had done before he was carted away to the local hospital. Figuring they didn't need me, I helped unpack the ship of our personal things and unneeded cargo. We received strange looks from people who walked by since most of us were still covered in deer and smelt pretty bad.
As we were unpacking Trina asked, "Who's idea was it anyway to cover yourselves in deer remains?" She shook her head at her sister.
"Rai's." Lyla shrugged after placing an item down.
"Ya'll smell terrible." Trina covered her nose to emphasize her displeasure.
("Selena.")
"Maybe," Deklyn inserted, "But it worked. We got close to you guys because we smelt like deer."
"I'm surprised the pack didn't attack." Jasper remarked.
("Selena!")
"We were a nonthreatening animal." I replied. "I woulda gone another animal, but the deer was already dead and if we went cougar or something, they may have been threatened by how close we were."
"That's true." Cion agree begrudgingly.
("Selena!")
"By the way, what was with the needles that randomly appeared out of nowhere?" Trina asked.
"Xantrin needles." I replied, bending over to place a box on the ground. "I prefer them to bullets any day."
"Selena Bright-Knight!" I froze as I realized someone was calling, not noticing that one of the wolves had also frozen at the mention of my name. "Do not ignore us!" I snapped my head behind me and saw my parents.
I quickly spun around and stalked over to them. "What are you doing here?" My voice guarded.
"What do you think? We work here." My mother replied obviously. People around began to whisper
as the pack went quiet and watched in shock. Now you must know that my parents are two of the most famous scientist/doctors in history. They have discovered more through their research than any other scientist ever; they're the ones who synthesized Xantrin and Syonplaxon and many more like them.
"Since when have you been stationed here?"
"Don't give that tone of voice with us young lady." My father scolded.
"Oh please." I rolled my eyes.
"Selena!" My father gritted his teeth.
"What are you doing here?" My mother inquired, as if it was wrong for me to be on their turf.
"I just arrived. I was on a mission to rescue the researchers Dr. Spades and Dr. Hart."
"And you had to work with them?" My father asked with disgust.
"Yes." I bit.
"So you're still working with Lycans?"
"Werewolves. And yes, I do like them and my job thank you."
"Yeah, we've noticed. You have quite a rep now, Selena as a wolf lover. Even threaten your colleagues over them. How pathetic."
"Stop, it's not Selena anymore. And well, if they treated them like people than there wouldn't be a problem. They're the pathetic ones! Waiting weeks to assign newly turned an Alpha, that's pathetic ridiculous and cruel."
"Enough of this foolishness, you could be working right along side us. Instead you're lowering yourself and dirtying your hands with them." My father spat at the mere thought of working with the wolves.
I opened my mouth to argue back, when I was paged over the intercom, "Dr. Aleara-Rain Night, please report to room F230 for debriefing."
"I have to go."
I turned to go, but my mother grabbed my shoulder and cried out in a shrieking voice, "You took His name!"
"Yeah." I replied with a silent 'duh' at the end.
My father's eyes darkened as he growled, "How could you take his name? He isn't even family."
I laughed hollowly as I yelled back, "Who is? Because we sure aren't!"
"Stop being melodramatic." My mother rolled her eyes.
"Melodramatic? What the hell are you talking about?" I threw my arms in the air.
"We are your parents, of course we're family."
"If you recall, you disowned me. We may be blood related, but at far as the government is concerned you aren't my parents and I'm not your daughter."
"Oh and the government sees you two as family?" My father sneered.
"Actually yes." I got close to him and replied, "He adopted me when my own parents ditched me like usual."
"Like usual, what are you going on about?" My father asked, using a voice as if I was a stupid child.
"Hmm let's see, you haven't been in my life since I was like 5. Jay was the one who acted as dad, mom, and brother all my life. So yeah as far as I'm concerned he was family, not you two."
"Don't say his name!" My father growled at me again.
"Jay." I drew out his name in defiance.
This time the intercom interrupted my father as it repeated, "Dr. Aleara-Rain Night, please report to room F230 for debriefing immediately."
"Bye."
I turned on me heels and took one step when my mother asked, "How is that boy?"
I once again froze and I looked at her confused, "What?"
"Since you two are 'family,' how is that he?"
"You?" My once guarded and stone face crumbled for a second before anger replaced it and I dug out a piece of paper and a pencil and wrote on it. "Why don't you find out yourself." I flicked the paper at them and stormed off. Deklyn went to touch my arm, but I dodged it and continued on. My mind was a turmoil of anger, pain, and frustration.
My parents shook their heads and walked off without looking at the piece of paper. Deklyn quietly walked over and looked at what I had written. Without looking back he asked, "Hey Zane? What is The Cimeterium?"
"It's the werewolf graveyard." He replied without thinking, then he snapped out of his trance and replied, "Why?"
Without saying anything, Deklyn flipped the paper over:
#101013
The Cimeterium
♠ ♠ ♠
Rai's not a big fan of her parents... Oh Jay.