Sequel: Helping Terra
Status: Holy shit, it's done!?

My W Unit

Barely Scratching My Account

After the debriefing and being told that we, the doctors, would be returning to Central Prime, the planet we work on, the next day, I headed out still in a bad mood. I avoided everyone and did my best not to see the pack that was lurking around somewhere. I found an empty room and called a friend of mine that lived on world.
"Hello? Dr. Luka speaking." She greeting in her kind and cheery voice.
"Hey Chezza, it's Rai."
"Oh My Gods and Goddesses, Rai!" My eyes popped open from the stimuli of her yelling due to happiness. "How have you been?" I could picture her smiling.
"Eh, are you home?"
"Yes, I have the day off. Why?"
I dug my shoe unsuccessful into the metal floor of the room as I replied, "Mind if I drop by? On top of needing a shower desperately and feeling like shit, I wana see you. It's been forever."
"Oh course you can! You know where I live right?"
"Is it the same address that you gave me when you left?"
"Yes ma'am."
"Then yeah, I'll see you soon. Bye."
"Bye!" I could tell she was just as excited to see me as I was to see her; it has been years since I saw her last. I walked out of the building and headed to the flat's section of the city. Before I left, I requested my few things to be carted to Chezza's flat and then left. People stared at me and made faces as I walked by. Yeah I was still covered in nasty deer guts and blood and smelt awful.
I walked into the building and the front manager came up to me and requested that I go somewhere to clean up. "What do you think I'm doing? Walking around like this for shits and giggles?" I glared at him and headed to the stairs. After walking up 20 flights of stairs, I walked up to Chezza's door and knocked.
She cheerily opened the door and smiled, "Rai! It's been- holy shit what happened to you?" Her pupils almost covered her irises.
"Rolled in a dead deer." I pouted. She was the only one I would ever act childish to or show my true emotions. "Can I take a shower or a bath or both?" I pleaded.
"Dear gods and goddesses, please do. You need pampering if I do say so myself." She ushered me in and showed me to her bathroom.
"You're such a good friend." I cried, "I'd hug you, but I'm fucken gross right now."
"Save it for when you're squeaky clean. Strip and I'll find you clothes."
"Thank you Chez." I smiled gratefully to her and then closed the door behind me. I made faces of disgust as I peeled off the nasty clothes and left them in a small pile in the corner. I stepped into the shower and sighed in relief. It felt so wonderful to finally clean myself off. After I had completely washed away all of the dried blood, guts, and other deer pieces, I filled the bath and relaxed in it. I rolled my head to the side so my cheek was resting on the pale blue stainless steel tub. My mind reeled with the fight I had with my parents... and then it went to my brother. My heart broke as the whole in my heart made itself known and tears started dripping from my eyes. I didn't even try to stop them, knowing it was useless and not having the strength to lift my hand; I was drained.
When I was ready, I submerged myself into the warm water and stayed under for half a minute before returning to the surface. I gulped in a large breath of air and then stepped out of the bath. I pulled the plug and wrapped a towel around my naked body. I grabbed a small hand towel and dried my hair until it was mostly dried. Next I patted the water off of my body and slipped on the clothes Chezza had left me. Today's outfit of leisure was a zipper light grey jumper, black flare jeans, and black backless slippers. I quickly brushed my hair and stepped out to hear Chezza humming to herself in the kitchen.
"Still a hummer I see." I teased and she turned with a smile.
"Of course, I would not be me if I didn't." She sauntered over and handed me a cup of tea. "Feeling better?"
"Hell yes. You have no idea how disgusting I felt with that shit all over me. Bleck!" We sat on her couch and I curled up in the corner. "So how have you been? How's work?"
"I've been awesome. I met this really nice business man who I've been seeing for a few months now." She grinned like a teenage girl.
"OOO, tell me about him."
"He's simply wonderful!" She placed down her cup and swooned near me as she talked about him. "He's like 6'3", short dark cherry wood hair, baby green eyes, cute dimples when he smiles or gets shy, quite muscular if I do say so myself, and is such a gentleman. He holds the door for me, buys me dinner, takes me somewhere new every time we go out, will stay in with me to watch a movie, buys me chocolates and flowers when I'm on my period, and even took care of me when I got sick last month. He's such a doll. And," She leaned in close, "Amazing in bed." She winked and I nearly choked.
"Chezza!" I laughed. "Already?"
"Why not?" She flipped her long blonde hair and grinned, "Can't stay this beautiful forever or have this much energy."
"Oh please." I rolled my eyes playfully, "This isn't the 21st Century." We both chuckled.
"You're right, no STD's to worry about." She leaned back for only a second and then shot back up, "You should meet him!"
"I'd love to meet Mr. Perfect, but I'm only here for tonight, then I'm heading back to Central Prime."
"What a bummer." She pouted. "If we had more time, I'm sure I could find someone for you and we could go on a double date."
"I don't know the last time we did that, I ended up punching the guy."
She chuckled, "That was a bit harsh."
"I warned him three times not to grab my butt or boobs and he tried a fourth time! He deserved it!" I defended myself.
"If you say so." She smiled teasingly. To be honest, she was ready to kick the guy in the penis for disrespecting me but I beat her to the punch line.
"So how's work going?"
She sighed, "You know how it is. They say we get funding, but I don't know where it goes. I'm trying my best to keep the facility up and running, but it looks like a shit hole and the equipment sucks. I feel bad for all the W Units."
"I may be able to help, however I would want my help to go unknown. If I set up a private, anonymous account, you could use that money to keep the place running and maybe slowly expand it to the housing of the wolves. How are the houses by the way?"
"Terrible!" She cried. "They're almost as bad as the slums of the 20th Century."
"Well, one project at a time. We'll start with the base here, get it upgraded, and work out from there. Maybe if we can expand the benefactors to more than Me, we can expand the help to other planets."
"You're serious about this?"
I nodded, "Yeah. I hate how wolves are treated, it pisses me off."
"I know, even I have heard about you."
"Set up a special account and I'll put money into it."
She grinned, "Sounds good. What are your plans to keep the funds stable?"
I thought back to my account, "I thought about starting the account with 2,000,000,000 credits, that should be plenty for the time being and then place half my paychecks into it until we have more people to keep it high enough that I don't need to."
Chezza nearly spit out her tea as she gawked at me, "2,000,000,000!? That's... that's so much!"
"Hun, that's barely scratching my account. I inherited all of Jay's money that he earned in the five years he was part of the army and I have no reason to really spend the shit ton of money I make for being a werewolf doctor so please let me do something useful with my stupid amount of money."
"If you say so." She shook her head.
"I need help with another thing if you don't mind." I leaned forward after placing my cup down.
"Name it oh wonderful woman of the world and savior to those who have no power."
"Start a petition or something to pass a law so all of the W Unit's medical record HAVE to be computerized. I just did W Units 13's and it took me almost two weeks to computerize 8 wolves and one of them was new."
"I'll do my best. It'll take a while though."
"That's fine, as long as it eventually gets passed." She nodded and we fell into a silence where she was thinking over what we were planning and I ran my finger around my cups rim. After about five minutes I whispered, "Hey Chezza."
She looked up at me and cocked her head, "Yes?"
"I saw my parents today..."
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=68973577 -Ally's bumming clothes

Her visit with Chezza was only going to be one chapter, but they apparently wish to talk more so two chapters it is. And yes, Rai is kinda wicked rich, but shh she doesn't want other people to know ;)