Status: Don't like? Don't read. But, I think we both know you'll be back for more. Xx, Scandal Squad.

Scandal Squad

London Falling

“Hey, Lou,” Alexandria’s soft voice muttered quietly through the cell phone. She edged nervously through the crowd, knowing full well that she was being watched closely. It was only a matter of time before her presence was alerted to everyone via Scandal Squad, and she needed to speak with Louis before then. “It’s me, Lex. I know it’s been awhile, but…” She rubbed her slightly oily face, “We need to talk. I’m heading over to the Palace, so hopefully you get this before I do and we don’t have this awkward confrontation. See you in a few.” And with that she ended the call and pocketed the phone, hopping into the private car that was waiting for her outside the station.

Within ten minutes, the black car pulled up in front of the Palace. It wasn’t a real Palace, though Louis and his mates liked to think so. It was merely a nickname Lex and Louis had given it years ago, when it seemed so grand and mysterious. It was a spectacular building, the size of Buckingham Palace. The exterior was pale with golden accents, and a long, red carpet ran along the walkway to the revolving door entrance.

Generally, the bright, well-tended garden and fountain outside had folks casually walking about, but, today, the place was crawling. Someone was having a party. But, when wasn’t someone having a party in The City?

Lex slid by the nicely dressed patrons outside, only to meet the ones inside, multiplied. She snuck onto the lift without attracting much attention and pressed the familiar button forcefully, as if it would get her to the floor quicker.

But, once the doors slid open on the penthouse floor, Lex wished they hadn’t. She finally knew where the party was being held at and it was Louis’. It wasn’t just kids their age, so it had to be his parents holding it. Lex didn’t care; she just had to find Louis.

Lex hid her face as she edged into the party uninvited. She kept her ears open for the obnoxious laugh and her eyes peeled for his bright blue eyes. There were so many people Lex didn’t know how she could find him without completely outing herself.

A hand grabbed her sweater-clad shoulder. Lex whirled around, her stomach dropping when she was met with a curly mop of hair instead of Louis’ smooth, longer hair.

“Harry,” Lex breathed. He looked less than pleased as he tore her away from the crowd, through the back hall where less people littered around. Harry pushed in her a dark room, locking the door behind them. They stood in the dark silence for a few moments.

“Are you allergic to lights?” Lex asked in annoyance.

“Where the hell have you been, Lex?” Harry seethed, “Do you have any—Louis was so—” Lex could practically see him vibrating with anger.

“I know,” Lex muttered bashfully, “I just needed to get away for awhile.”

“Any particular reason?” Harry accused. Lex flipped on the light. Harry was glaring hatefully at her. She stepped back.

“Shit happens.”

Harry shook his curls, laughing coldly, “No, shit happens when we go skinny dipping and you and Lou steal my clothes. Shit happens when you get completely wasted at the Debutante Ball and throw up all over Danielle Peazer, and wind up becoming great mates with her. Shit most certainly doesn’t happen when you sleep with your best mate and run off without a word to anyone for three fucking months, Lex!” Harry’s voice was furious and hushed. Lex made to fire back when he silenced her, someone walked passed them on the other side of the door.

“You knew?” Lex whispered urgently.

“If I hadn’t walked in on you two, I doubt Lou would have said a thing.” Harry retorted with a disgusted grimace.

“You walked in on us?” Lex shook her head, feeling faint, falling into one of the plush crimson chairs in the study they occupied. “We didn’t hear you.” A blush rose to her cheeks. It felt trivial to blush about that.

Obviously,” Harry snorted, “You were a bit preoccupied, yeah? Plus, the music was so loud you couldn’t have heard me projectile vomit everywhere.”

Lex didn’t find the humor in it. She toyed with the buttons on her jumper as Harry fixed his tie. “You’re a bit under dressed, Woodbury. You know better than to crash a Tomlinson party without the proper attire.”

“This isn’t a joke, Harry.” She was fighting tears and Harry leaned against the door, watching with slight satisfaction that she was hurting just as much as his best mate.

“No one’s laughing, love.”

“Well, you’re being a giant dick about this.” Lex fired.

“Well, you haven’t been around all summer.” Harry pursed his lips. “You don’t get to call the shots anymore, yeah?”

“Can—Can you just do find him for me?” Lex tried. “I really need to talk to him. I need to make amends.”

“Yeah, you do. And hopefully you give him a better explanation than ‘shit happens’.” Harry said pointedly, slipping out the door, turning off the light as he did so.

The door burst open again. Lex stood up in a hurry, trying to make herself presentable—but Louis wasn’t the new intruder.

“Dani, Perrie,” Lex swallowed. She hadn’t expected to see them today, though she didn’t know why their presence was such a shock. They were all in the same social circle.

“Alexandria Woodbury,” Danielle swept across the floor, her dark curls bounced with her, “Where the bloody hell have you been?”

“Three months and no calls?” Perrie, the purple haired teen demanded, crossing her lithe arms. “Not cool, A, not cool. And to think that we had to hear you were back from Scandal Squad? Doubly unimpressed, love.”

“Yeah, you’re blowing up all over Scandal Squad.” Danielle informed her, “It’s all anyone’s talking about here.”

“Christ,” Lex muttered, pinching the bridge of her nose.

“So, are you gonna spill? One moment you’re here with all these big summer plans, and the next you vanish into thin air.” Perrie said.

“I know,” Lex sighed anxiously, “I’m sorry. I just had to deal with some things, and now I’m back…to deal with some more things.” She attempted a smile though it looked more like a grimace.

“What kind of things?” Danielle raised one of her perfectly defined brows. Lex eyed the door, making for an escape, but her companions blocked her in. “Not so fast, A, you’ve got a lot of bloody explaining to do.”

Lex groaned, “It’s a long story—”

The door popped open once again. “Seriously?” Lex demanded exasperatedly.

This time she was met with the one and only Louis Tomlinson. “Lex?” Her named dropped from his lips with an mingled air of disbelief and anger. “Where the hell have you been?”

Scandal Squad Update

I think that’s the forty thousand dollar (or pound) question, L. Where has our naughty A been this summer, and why didn’t she take you with her? Surely if she just went to party somewhere else, she would have brought her partner-in-crime with her. Or were the Eleanor rumors true: was L really banned from hanging out with A? One thing’s for sure: A’s back, and that can only mean the dry spell of lame parties is over. Our resident party-girl is home, but is it for good? I hear L’s been missing you something terrible, A. Don’t go running away again on my account.

Don’t like? Don’t read. But, I think we both know you’ll be back for more. Xx, Scandal Squad.
♠ ♠ ♠
Because I just got hooked on Gossip Girl and have no self-restraint.

Lemme know what you think? I've got a lot of stories going on right now. Shame on me. But, I got this idea and I couldn't help myself...

Merry Christmas (it's Christmas here, so it's probably Xmas everywhere else too)! (:

Hope you all get lots of presents (b/c let's be honest: that's the only thing that matters). I should update Magic of Macy's tomorrow in light of the holiday. So, expect that.