Status: Don't like? Don't read. But, I think we both know you'll be back for more. Xx, Scandal Squad.

Scandal Squad

I Always Feel Like (Scandal Squad's Watching Me)

Harry couldn’t remember a time when Alexandria Woodbury didn’t burst into the doors of St. Johns, strutting around like she owned the place. It was eerie when, not only did she come in an hour late, missing her first class, Lex slumped in, trying her best to go unnoticed. But, no step-daughter of the Duke of Cambridge could be invisible in London. Not by a long shot.

Dani, Perrie, and Eleanor sat in the courtyard during break, chatting Lex’s ear off about everything that had happened while she was away. Harry had never seen Lex look so uninterested, or sloppy. Her soft red hair was pulled into a messy braid, pieces sticking out awkwardly like she had been in a rush.

When he’d caught a glimpse of her before second, the buttons on her blouse were off by one and part of the bottom flap hadn’t been tucked into her plaid skirt. Since then, she had fixed those problems, added a blue blazer, and surrounded herself with her old friends, but Harry could tell she was far from the Lex she used to be.

It was probably creepy the way Harry watched Lex carefully from across the courtyard, leaning against the pale stone walls covered in ivy, but he was worried about his friend. Lex’s gaze wandered, her nimble hands playing with the tip of her braid. She passed over Harry for a moment before registering him, locking eyes with him. He sent her a wave, receiving a morose smile in return before losing her to her friends. Lex nodded at whatever Eleanor said and she, Dani, and Perrie left Lex alone on the stone lunch table.

“Oi,” Niall said in an irritated sort of way, “Could ya stop drooling over Lex for five minutes? I’m tryna tell ya a story here!”

“Right, right, sorry, Nialler.” Harry muttered, “But, I gotta go. Tell me at lunch.” He began to wander off.

“You’re missin’ out! I was just getting’ to the good part where Bennett scored the final goal and Derby won five-zero!”

“That’s not the good part, Ni,” Harry laughed, “That’s what happened.”

Niall rolled his baby blues and sauntered off to find Zayn and Louis while Harry popped down next to Lex.

“Hope you don’t mind.” Harry announced, giving Lex a scare.

She glared at him momentarily. “Well since you’ve already invited yourself over I don’t see how I can mind now.”

He shrugged, placing his books on the white marble table top. “So,” He clucked his tongue, “How did things go with Lou?”

Lex stared at him with an accusatory look in her green eyes. “Do I even need to justify that with an answer?”

“Well I didn’t ask you just to hear myself talk, love,” The left side of Harry’s face curled upwards. “Though I’ve been told I have quite a comforting, sultry voice.”

“Sultry?” Lex feigned mild surprise. “Wow, did we invest in a dictionary over the break?”

Harry chortled and Lex allowed herself to smile.

“Seriously, Lex, how are things?” He leaned closer to her, taking in her familiar scent: something fruity that Harry could never put his finger on.

“Fucking brilliant.” She sighed heavily, leaning into her hand, staring at Harry.

“That so?” Harry was obviously unconvinced.

Lex’s brows furrowed, “Did—did you talk to him after…”

Harry hadn’t. Lex was the one thing Louis wouldn’t talk to him about anymore. It was irritating to Harry. He was Louis’ best mate. Why couldn’t he confide in him?

“He likes his secrets.” Harry answered, pursing his lips.

Lex nodded, resuming her surveying of the courtyard.

“So, things didn’t go so well?” Harry tried again.

She was more responsive this time, “Not going so well is an understatement. I barely got a sentence out before he unleashed the Kraken and kicked me out.”

“Did you really think it was going to be that easy?” Harry chastised lightly.

“No,” She defended, her shoulder slumping in the process.

Harry tilted his head, giving her a look.

“I didn’t!” She argued, “I was just hoping he would give me more than three seconds to explain. I’m going to need a lot more than that to explain everything.” She muttered darkly.

“So, try again, Lex.” He proposed.

“Wow, it’s like Harry Styles was reborn into Einstein.” Lex glared.

“Someone’s touchy.”

“Things are a little complicated right now, Haz.” She sighed bracingly.

Harry tucked a piece of fiery hair behind Lex’s pierced ear. “Just give him some time, Lex.”

“I think I’ve given him too much time.” She muttered. “That’s the problem.”

+ + +


Louis shoved his football uniform into his new duffle bag. Captain tryouts had been that evening and all he wanted to do was take a long, hot shower. Harry and Zayn came in behind him, laughing loudly in the empty space. Most of the team had headed home early while the captain applicants found out their fate.

“Louis, Louis, Louis,” Harry shouted obnoxiously, his curls bobbed around.

Zayn snorted, untying his gym shorts so they hung lower on his hips.

“Good job, King Louis,” Harry grinned, slapping him on the back. Louis returned the exhausted smile as all their phones beeped, alerting them of a Scandal Squad Update. “Or should we all call you captain Louis?” Harry joked as they pulled out their phones.

Spotted: Alexandria Woodbury and Harry Styles exchanging intimacy in the courtyard? A’s been back for less than twenty-four and H is already making his long awaited move. It’s about time you grew some balls, H. We all know that L isn’t allowed to satisfy her and we don’t want poor A to dry up and run away again. I just hope this love square heats up soon because Eleanor’s getting complacent with her Queen Bee status and A is just the girl to stoke the fire.

A picture was attached showing Harry and Lex in a very unflattering light in recent events. It had seemed so innocent to Harry at the time, just brushing a stray lock of hair out of her face. He should have known better with Scandal Squad always watching.

Zayn watched as Louis and Harry stared each other down.

“Lou, it’s not what it—” Harry tried.

Louis slammed his locker in response. “I gotta go.” And he stormed out without another word.

“Makin’ a move on Lex?” Zayn raised a curious brow, “I can’t say I’m surprised. You always had a thing for the damsel in distress.”

“It’s not like that, Zayn.” Harry sighed, tossing his football things into his bag, “It’s complicated. Lex just needs someone to be there for her.”

“If you’re referring to Louis’ reaction,” Zayn drawled, “I can’t imagine that.”

“They’re going through a rough patch,” Harry quickly added, “In their friendship.”

Zayn smirked, strutted backwards, “If you ask me, I never quite believed there was nothing between them. They’re a bit too close and Eleanor’s just not the right girl for him.”

The door shut behind the Pakistani teen and Harry muttered, “No one asked you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback is delightful. Don't forget to sub and recc!
(: