Status: Don't like? Don't read. But, I think we both know you'll be back for more. Xx, Scandal Squad.

Scandal Squad

Unlike A Virgin

Every year, Eleanor held a back-to-hell party the first Friday of school. It was an annual tradition that her brother and sister passed down to her—and one that her little brother would one day make his own.

Eleanor Calder had a very specific list of invitees, and crashing was explicitly prohibited. Tight security ran around the three story suave loft she lived in, especially on special occasions such as that night. Anyone found trying to sneak in would be arrested for trespassing, but it never seemed to stop a few idiots from trying.

Eleanor, Dani, and Perrie were finishing the final touches on the plans when Lex burst in, completely out of breath and two hours late.

“Sorry, sorry!” She cried, holding up a Tiffany bag full of jewelry they could wear for the party. Lex was glad for it because the look on Eleanor’s face plainly informed Lex she was on thin ice from being uninvited.

“Where the bloody hell have you been, A?” The party planner demanded shrilly.

Lex brushed a hand through her windswept locks, “I’m really sorry, Elle. Mrs. Malik has me on house arrest, afraid every time I leave the house I’m gonna go running back to California. Fucking mental, she is.” She huffed angrily, pulling turquoise boxes out of the bag and arranging them on the glass table.

Dani snatched up the box closest to her and snapped it open with a gasp. “This is definitely a start for your groveling apology.” She told Lex.

“I’m not sure why I have to keep apologizing to people.” Lex glared, “‘s not like I don’t have the right to do what I want with my life.”

There was a short silence before Perrie said, “We were just worried, is all.”

“Everyone’s so worried.” Lex muttered, examining one of the charm bracelets. “I’m here aren’t I? I’m fine. One bloody piece and all. I went to visit my dad, not go gallivanting across the globe.”

Eleanor rolled her dark eyes, “Whatever, if you go running off like that again, I’ll kill you myself.”

“You always have to take it to a dark place.” Lex grinned, tossing the model a few boxes to choose from.

“It’s my party and I’ll kill if I have to.” She said in a serious tone. Lex snorted as her phone went off. Twice.

“You gonna get that?” Dani questioned as the second ring came to an end.

Lex pinched the bridge of her nose dramatically, “Probably Mrs. Malik. I’d rather jump off Elle’s balcony.”

They laughed and began eagerly trying on the gifts Lex brought them; telling each other what would look best with their party outfits.

After fifteen minutes of deciding which necklace best enhanced Eleanor’s breasts, Lex plopped down on the white, comfy wrap-around couch in the living room. Her phone lit up again. With a heavy groan, Lex snatched it up, answering it with a cold sensation in her chest. She was sick of being scolded by her mother.

Christ, mum, you’re angry, I get it!” She seethed, “I’m at Elle’s. Call her mum if you need a reliable source. I went to visit dad for a few months, not bloody prostitute my body in Brixton! This constant check-up thing needs to stop or I’m not going to come back next time!”

There was a labored pause.

“Lex,” Her mother’s high voice didn’t answer her.

Lex’s stomach dropped through all three floors of Eleanor’s loft. “Oh—hey, Lou.”

Of course she would accidently threaten him with leaving for good. That was just her luck.

“Feel like running away again?” They hadn’t talked since the day she returned to London, and every time they happened to walk by each other in the hall, he ignored her existence.

“No, it’s not like that. Mrs. Malik, she’s driving me up a fucking wall—” Lex tried to explain.

“Maybe you should.”

Lex stared wordlessly at her reflection in the television screen that took up the entire wall.

“Maybe you should go back to your dad. Things were better with you gone.”

With tremendous difficulty, Lex swallowed and willed herself not to cry, not when Eleanor was a room away.

“If that’s how you really feel—” Lex whispered.

“It is.” Louis’ voice growled.

Lex didn’t respond. She simply hung up. No good would come of fighting with Louis. He was right; she should have stayed in California. But, she had to come back. Lex didn’t have a real choice in the matter. He just had to be willing to listen. And she was running out of time to get him to.

Careless laugher echoed in the flat. Lex desperately wanted to join in, to be that girl she was a few months ago. But, that reckless child was gone.

However, Lex played the part well. She sauntered back into Eleanor’s room, a seemingly effortless smile engaged upon her face. Lex helped send out the invites, picked out Eleanor’s pumps, and stayed to get ready while the other girls left.

Eleanor took a hot bath while Lex lay down on her king-sized bed. She stared at the enormous collage (border lining on shrine) of Eleanor and Louis. They were all sweet, making funny faces at the camera or putting on their beautiful smiles. The way Louis stared at her in some of the photos even made Lex’s cold heart ache. There was such adoration in his eyes that Lex had forgotten he’d had for Eleanor. She had seen that look once on the night they’d slept together, ruining everything. It wasn’t until Lex gazed unblinkingly at the photo that she understood why she had given into Louis. That look was enough to take anyone’s breath away. Louis wasn’t called London’s Sweetheart for nothing.

Lex busied herself with double checking the invites. Unsurprisingly, every single person RSVP’ed.

Eleanor came out of the bathroom dressed in a satin knee-length robe, her hair completely dried and pin-straight. She plopped down at her extravagant armoire and began to apply foundation. After a few moments of silence, she turned around on the fluffy stool with a large, innocent grin.

“Tonight’s the night.” She confessed.

Lex sat up straighter, furrowing her brows. “The night for what?”

“You know,” A blush tinted her flawless face, “the night.”

Lex only stared at her friend.

Eleanor let out an exasperatedly sigh, lowering her voice she muttered, “Louis and I are going to do it.”

“Do—” Lex sputtered, “Shag?”

Shh!” Eleanor hushed her in a panic. Saying the word made her skin crawl.

“Elle,” Lex bit back her laughter, “If you don’t feel comfortable saying it, you shouldn’t be doing it.”

“Don’t chastise me.” Eleanor snapped, applying her thick mascara. “Sex.” Her voice wavered a bit, “Louis and I are going to have sex. We’re going to lose our virginities tonight.”

In any other situation, Lex was have been giggling and gossiping like a teenage girl over her best mate losing her virginity like Eleanor visibly wanted her to. Lex managed a half-hearted, “Good luck”, and buried her guilty face in a Vogue. Her eyes kept scanning over the same lines about the fall’s fashion trends, but all Lex’s brain was processing was that she had been there first.

Louis wasn’t a virgin, and Lex had sought to that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Look who's crawling back to the 1D world...
If you guess me, you would be correct.