Status: Updates might be slow.

Beauty Needs an Animal to Breathe

Chapter 23

It's been a couple of weeks since Mike has let me stay over at his place. I haven't really left the room he let me stay in. The only time I leave if friends come over and if I need to use the bathroom. I've just been working on lyrics. Jaime and Tony came over earlier to hang out with us for a couple of hours. We had a couple months off before our next tour, so that gave us all some time to catch up with friends and family and relax. My phone has been off the last few weeks as well. I needed a couple of days to clear my head. The last couple of weeks have been rough. I decided to turn my phone on. I had a couple texts from Jaime, Tony, Mike, and Alex. Then, I came across another message. It was from a couple weeks ago. It was from Beau. I felt my heart sink. He had asked me to meet him at Starbucks. There was another message from him two hours after he sent the first one.

:/. I understand why you didn't show. I bought you a drink and waited. I'll just leave you alone I guess. If it makes you feel better, Midnight is starting to hate me.

I frowned at the message. As much as I hated him for cheating on me, I honestly did miss him. I think about him everyday. I don't think I've gone one day without thinking about him. I haven't slept or ate in the last couple of weeks. I just couldn't get Beau out of my mind. I took a sip of my coffee from Starbucks that I got an hour ago. Mike told me to get out for a little bit, get some fresh air. He didn't want me moping around like I have been the last couple of weeks. I went to the Starbucks Beau and I always go to. It reminded me of the millions of times we got there.

"Can we stop at Starbucks real quick?" Beau asked while pulling up to a red light. We were on our way to the beach. It was pretty hot outside and neither of us wanted to sit in our apartment all day doing nothing.

"This is like the third time we've gone to Starbucks today." I said while running my hand through my hair.

"Come on, babe. The beach is like an hour away. I need it for the drive up. You don't want me to fall asleep while driving do you?"

"No."

"I'll get you your favorite." Beau said smiling.

I rolled my eyes "Fine."

Beau pulled into the parking lot and got out. I told him that I'd wait in the car. I watched him skip into Starbucks. He's so cute. I pulled out my phone to pass the time. Beau came out of Starbucks a couple minutes later.

"A grandé caramel frappe for my beautiful boyfriend." Beau said while handing me my drink.

"Thanks, babe." I said leaned over and kissing him on the lips. He held the side of my face. We pulled away staring into each other's eyes. Beau lightly kissed my nose before pulling out of the parking lot.

The ride to the beach was spent listening to music, sharing random tour stories, and laughing at absolutely everything. The beach wasn't as crowded today. Most of the people there were families. Beau and I went swimming for a bit, then relaxed for the rest of the day. My head was in his lap. We just talked the whole time. Every now and then, Beau would lean down and kiss me. We didn't care if people stared at us. We just loved spending time with each other.

I missed those days.

I put my drink down and got out of bed. Mike and his girlfriend Marissa were snuggling on the couch watching some movie. Marissa was passed out in Mike's arms.

"Well, look who's out of his cave." Mike said laughing. I shot him a look. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine. Could be better. Can I ask you something?" I said while sitting on the chair next to the couch.

"Sure." Mike said adjusting Marissa so her head was resting in his lap.

"Do you think I should talk to Beau?" I asked.

"Is he texting you right now?" Mike asked, raising an eyebrow.

I shook my head "No. He texted me a couple weeks ago. He asked for me to meet him at Starbucks. But since my phone's been off, I didn't get his message until now."

"Did he say anything after?"

I looked at the message "He just said that he knows why I didn't show up. Then he said that he'll just leave me alone."

"Well, do you want him to leave you alone?"

I shook my head. "Do you miss him?"

"Yeah. I miss him more than anything."

Mike took a deep breath "I don't know, Vic. The guy cheated on you twice and was a complete douche to you. But we've known Beau for a long time. He probably wasn't thinking straight. But do whatever you think is right. I just want you to be happy. I don't like seeing you down like this."

I got up and hugged him "Thanks, Mike. I can always count on you."

"Hey. You're my older brother, I always got your back." Mike smiled. I went into my room and changed into a plaid button down, skinny jeans and vans. I pulled my phone out. I slowly scrolled down to Beau's number and clicked 'Send Message'

Hey. Come to the park at 7 if you get this. I need to talk to you.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooh what do you think is gonna happen next ;)

Now back over to Jesse :D