Status: Updates might be slow.

Beauty Needs an Animal to Breathe

Chapter 32

Beau's POV

"So where's this restaurant you're taking me to?" Vic asked me as I pulled up to a red light. We've been in the car for about twenty minutes now. We've passed almost every restaurant in this town. He's still wondering where I'm taking him.

"You'll see." I said reaching over and taking his hand. After twenty more minutes in the car, I pulled into the parking lot of a restaurant that we've never really been to. From what I heard from friends, it was one of the most expensive restaurants in town.

"We're here." I said as he turned the engine off and got out of the car. I went over to Vic's door and opened it for him.

"Thank you." He said kissing my cheek. I took his hand in mine and we headed into the restaurant. The restaurant was even bigger inside than it was outside. There were many chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. An orchestra was playing on a stage in the center of the room.

"Wow." Was all Vic could say. He looked adorable when he was amazed. I told Vic that I had made reservations a couple days in advance. Some of the people who work here are really good friends of mine. I wanted this night to be perfect. We were seated immediately. Our waiter came over and took our orders.

"So what do you think so far?" I asked Vic once our waiter had left.

"I don't even know what to say. This is literally amazing, Beau. Thank you so much." He said smiling.

"I love you." I said reaching over and taking my hand in his.

"I love you too." Vic said blushing.

------

Half an hour later, Vic and I were eating our dinner. I was in the middle of telling Vic a story about something hilarious that happened on tour when I had first joined blessthefall. Vic let out the loudest most adorable laugh I have ever heard in my life.

I slowly reached over and grabbed Vic's hand "I'm really glad we did this."

"I am too." Vic said smiling

"I'm really glad that you gave me another chance, Vic. I've fucked up so much in the past and I almost lost you for good. I'm so glad that you're still here with me. I honestly don't deserve you after everything that has happened between us. You make me the happiest man in the entire world. I can't imagine spending the rest of my life with somebody else. You mean everything to me. And I wanted to ask you something." I said smiling, tears almost falling from my cheeks.

I knew that this was the right time. I got up from my seat and got down on one knee in front of Vic. His dark brown eyes widened. I slowly pulled out a small box. I opened it up and there was a beautiful diamond ring inside.

"Victor Vincent Fuentes. Will you marry me?" I asked, tears already rolling my cheeks. Now, everybody in the restaurant, including the people who worked there were staring at us. The room was completely silent. The only thing I could hear was the sound of my heart beating at the speed of light.

"Yes!" Vic managed to get out. Everybody started clapping. I slide the ring on his finger. I cupped his cheeks and brought my lips to his. We held it there for a moment. When we pulled away I hugged him tightly.

As we were leaving the restaurant, people had stopped us to congratulate us on being engaged. Vic and I walked out to the car and we both got in. I turned the engine on and we headed back to our apartment. Occasionally I'd look over at Vic. He was just staring at the engagement ring with that goofy smile on his face. I couldn't help but smile.

We had arrived back home half an hour later. Vic and I got out of my car and we headed upstairs.

"Did you enjoy dinner tonight?" I asked Vic as I unlocked the door to our apartment.

"Yes, it was perfect." Vic said as we both headed inside. Once I closed the door, I scooped Vic up into my arms and I carried him down the hall to our room. I set him down on our bed and straddled his hips. Before he could say anything, I silenced him with my lips. His arms wrapped tightly around my neck. I pulled away slowly, smiling at him.

"What was that for?" Vic laughed while pushing my hair out of my face.

"Aren't we celebrating our engagement?" I said, my lips curling into a smirk.

Vic smirked back "I guess so."

------

"So how'd the whole engagement thing with Vic go?" Eric asked me when I was on the phone with him a couple hours later. It was 1 in the morning. I was standing in the kitchen in a t-shirt and sweatpants. Vic was in our room fast asleep.

"It went pretty good! He said yes, obviously." I said while running my hand through my mess hair.

"That's awesome, dude! Congratulations."

"Thanks, man. The entire night was perfect. It went a lot better than I thought. I kept calling the restaurant to make sure that we still had reservations."

"Well, that's good that you do. Have you and Vic decided when you're going to get married?"

I was about to answer when I heard the sound of the bedroom door opening. "Eric, I have to go." I said.

"Okay! I'll talk to you about the next band practice tomorrow."

"Alright, see ya." I said while hanging up. Vic came into the kitchen. He wore one of my shirts and his boxers.

"Hey, sleepy head." I said while pulling Vic into my arms.

"Hi." Vic said while burying his face into my chest.

"How'd you sleep?" I asked while rubbing slow circles into his back.

"Good." Vic mumbled softly into my chest. He closed his eyes.

I chuckled softly "Are you still tired, my love?"

"A little."

Without saying anything, I scooped Vic up bridal style and brought him back into our room. I slowly laid him down on our bed and I climbed into bed next to him. I pulled the covers over us and turned off the light. I felt Vic curl into my side. He leaned his head against my shoulder.

"Goodnight, I love you." I said while wrapping my arms around him.

"Mmm..I love you too." Vic mumbled before he drifted off to sleep.

-------

Vic's POV

I woke up wrapped in Beau's arms. I slowly unwrapped myself from his arms. Slowly and quietly I climbed out of bed and went into the bathroom. I removed my clothes and turned on the shower. Once it was at the right temperature, I stepped in. I closed my eyes, letting the warm water hit my skin.

After my shower, I turned off the water and stepped out of the shower. I dried myself off with one of the towels hanging on the rack. I wrapped the towel around my waist. I opened the door. Beau was already awake. He smiled when he saw me.

"Hey." He said in his tired voice.

"Hi." I said smiling. I threw on a t-shirt and skinny jeans. Beau climbed out of bed and looked through his things for something to wear.

"What do you wanna do today?" Beau asked while putting on one of his shirts.

I thought for a minute "We could just bullshit today. We don't have to leave the apartment."

"Well, I was gonna go get us Starbucks. Then we can do whatever." Beau said smiling.

"Okay." I said smiling.

-----

"Do you want your usual?" Beau asked as we pulled into the Starbucks parking lot.

"Yeah, I'll come in with you." I said as we both got out of the car. Beau wrapped his arm around my waist as we walked in. Some people were giving us strange looks, but we didn't care.

"You're so cute." Beau said while kissing my cheek.

"Shut up." I said playfully hitting him in the arm.

"I'm just telling the truth, love." Beau said interlacing his fingers with mine.

While Beau was waiting in line, I found a table for us to sit at. I was playing with my phone to pass the time. Beau came over with our drinks a couple of minutes later.

"Here's a nice coffee for my lovely fiance." Beau said handing me my drink and sitting down in the chair across from me.

"Thanks." I said smiling.

"So, what do you wanna do later?" Beau asked while taking a sip of his coffee.

I thought for a minute "I don't know. I can't really think of anything."

Beau thought for a minute "We can go to the movies? We haven't been to the movies in a while."

"Okay. Is there anything good playing?"

"The Conjuring?"

"Do you wanna go see that?"

"Yeah, but I don't wanna make you go see it. I know that you don't like those kind of movies," Beau said while fixing his beanie.

"I'll suck it up. Plus, Alex told me that it was pretty good." I said while typing something on my phone.

"Okay, I think there's a 4:30 show." Beau said while pulling up the movie times on his phone.

"Okay."

-------

A couple hours later, Beau and I were at the movies. I was buying our popcorn and drinks while Beau was buying our movie tickets. The previews weren't starting for a couple more minutes, so we had some time to get into the theater.

"You got our tickets?" I asked Beau when he came over to me.

"Yeah, we can head in." Beau said while taking one of the drinks out of my hand. We handed the employee our tickets and they pointed to the third theater on the left. There wasn't that many people when we walked in. We found seats in the center of the theater.

"You can hide behind me if you get scared, okay?" Beau asked while wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"I'll be fine." I said while kissing him gently.

-----

The movie wasn't bad. I jumped on certain parts. Beau would start laughing at me if I jumped. After we threw our empty drinks and popcorn bucket out, we headed home. It was almost 7. Beau decided to order pizza since we both didn't feel like making dinner.

"The pizza should be here in half an hour," Beau said when he got off the phone.

"Awesome. I'm starving." I said.

We got home twenty minutes later. Beau and I were talking about the movie as we headed up to our apartment. We said hi to Chris and Andy on the way up since they were leaving to go out with a couple of friends.

"Wanna watch TV?" Beau asked.

"Yeah, I'm just gonna get a drink. Do you want one?" I asked.

"I'm good, thanks." Beau said kissing my cheek and sitting down on the couch. I went into the kitchen and grabbed a soda out of the fridge. I could hear the sound of the Lakers game coming from the living room.

"Are the Lakers winning?" I asked while coming back into the living room.

"The game's tied. They better win." Beau said as I sat down next to him. He wrapped his arm around me and pressed his lips to my forehead. I played with Beau's fingers as we both focused on the game. We both cheered when the Lakers scored. Moments later, the game went to commercial. Beau pulled me into his lap. His arms were wrapped tightly around my waist. He rested his chin on my shoulder.

"I love you." He mumbled into my ear.

"I love you too," I said.

The door bell ran ten minutes later. Beau told me to go answer it so he wouldn't miss any part of the game. I paid the pizza guy and brought the pizza into the kitchen.

"Viiiiccccc, can you bring me pizza? It's literally the last 30 seconds of the game." Beau called from the living room.

"Alright, alright. Calm your ass down." I said while getting two plates out of the cabinet. I put 2 slices on each plate. I heard Beau scream "NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" I'm guessing the Lakers lost.

"Did they lose?" I asked while bringing both of our plates in.

"Yeah." Beau said frowning. I handed him his plate and he pecked my lips and said thank you. Beau picked up the remote and flipped through the channels, trying to find something else to watch. Luckily, 21 Jump Street was starting so we settled on that. I put my legs over Beau's lap as we watched the movie and ate our dinner.

"Do you want anymore pizza?" Beau asked referring to my empty plate that was sitting next to me.

"Yes please." I said while handing him his plate. Beau pecked me on the lips and headed into the kitchen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've been busy with Drivers Ed and everything so I haven't had much time to update. Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Let me know whatcha think :)

And I went to Warped Tour July 11th and it was perfect. I got to meet blessthefall and I FINALLY saw Bring Me The Horizon. I've been waiting since 8th grade to see them!

Hope you guys have a lovely day!